• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Keep the change - Nirupama Subramanian

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

i picked this book while in chennai, a few months ago. and did not get a chance to read it till last weekend.

it was a delightful 48 hour journey into the world of a single tambram girl of today.

damayanthi, the heroine, could be anyone of us' daughter growing up in an middle class family in chennai. for whatever reason, at 26, she is still unmarried, and her mother's constant source of concern.

every arranged varan fails. and then, D takes on a job in mumbai.

for those of us who loved 'bridget jones' or 'adrian mole' type of diary written comedies, 'keep the change' is a superb indian situated, well written humourous book with a top notch plot of characters.

there were portions that were so funny, that i fell down laughing. i would recommend this book to anyone, who would like a pleasant stimulant, to pass a dull day.

ofcourse, nirupama is of our own tambram clan, which makes this book doubly delicious. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back