• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

WHAT CHOICES WE TAMIL BRAHMINS HAVE TO IMPROVE OUR DIMINiSHING LIVES/FORTUNES?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things brahmins can do to better our lives;

1) At this point brahmins can do a few things like, try to leave to another state, or continue to stay in TN and find an opportunity, or educate ourselves through some means with good professional education and go outside of tamil-nadu to find an opportunity before situation changes further. This way on a individual basis we can protect ourselves, so the last remaining brahmins will be too small (like for ex., 1% of population of something), but the lack of reservation (to brahmins) will not touch / affect them because, even if they take let's say a 0.5% (which at that time would constitute a small number of seats for TN on quantitative basis, but on percentage level would be higher for brahmins) of the OC seats which is not totally impossile to get as well because the 1% of brahmin population can surely target a more share of educational seats in the OC category.

2) Another option being brahmins from all the places should gather together in one place, that is may be a state where the current brahmin population is little more, that way we can as a migrating population, as we gather there, can influence the political decisions of the state to our favor. May be we wont get all the benefits, but atleast we can make sure the current ones are not easily changed. For eg., we can make sure, the reservations dont go above 50% or more! or may be slightly reduced to 40% levels. Irrespective of our language or sub-caste within brahminism we should work together for our success. Brahmins are supposed to be well versed in Sanskrit and supposedly we are more north oriented than south, it wont be so bad afterall to go to north be among northeners or something and learn hindi in the first place as it would invariable mean we are returning back to our roots. This either someone can organize to happen, or someone can provide us where the most concentrations of brahmins are available which automatically tells us to take us there. At this point we know that UP has good concentration of brahmins we can also go to Punjab and try to setup our roots there because Punjabi sikhs who are a majority in their state are at the same time for the most part, a forward community too. That way a synergy of sikhs and brahmins would produce the desired result.

This option also gives us the choice to fight reservation from outside on a more safer ground!, not just influencing our state of migration in the north (or whereever), but all across india as well.

3) Another alternate being re-produce more and make more and more brahmins, (this we can do for the 1st and 2nd choices as well) . Dont stick to 1 or 2 kid norm, produce atleast 3 or 4 per couple, especially the well to do ones. This may sound very impractical (or preposterous), but desperate times call for desperate actions, as you might see from the couples point of view, but coming to think of it, we can surely benefit by having an increase in our numbers.

Just a thought guys, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK!...

try to leave to another state

that is what most have done.

and that in my opinion is not a wise thing to do.

together we can fight, divided we fall easily and faster.

we have an association which at this moment in time doesnt have a clue as to what to do.

When i went to see them in regards to tamilbrahmins.com
i was made to wait for 1 hour before someone came out and said the concerned person is not available.

what we need is a total overhaul of the association and that of its leaders.
to show the younger generation the way.

the 3rd choice is not economically viable even though it might be a solution.
but many kids and less income = more conversions to other religions for the freebies they offer :(

hai all!
it is a very nice option to migrtae to other state but we have to not forget our homeland as well.but the option seems a bit impracticable as it is not possible to accomodate all brahmins in one place.but thereis al;ways a possiblity of spreading the knowledge of vedas to all our community people and make understand the need for existence of our community at the first place.we should be able to get back the respect that we used to be given in those days
tday if people are letting us down that means the others haev grown and we have not.we quickly do something to get to our pavilion.
thank u

Hi Praveen,

I concur too, this is one of the various solutions to our problems, I am sure there are things we dont know yet; no matter how we look at this mess, I see that we are outnumbered on a probably 1 to 15 or 1 to 20 levels, which in my dictionary is a outright defeat with current animosity among brahmins and non-brahmins and also among non-brahmins themselves, now we have to retreat, recoup and evaluate in a more safer place. I am not saying we should just leave, obviously we should parallely galvanize brahmin support (may be we may find brahmins and other OC together number more than 3% who knows) and we may be able to influlence the politicians. As you said people are migrating out, that is true, everyone is moving not just brahmins, the people who migrate are those who go to US and other countries for IT related stuff, but, that is not limited to brahmins, actually, with more engineers coming out of non-brahmins, and brahmins pie eaten in the name of reservation, we wont be able to migrate out as we wont have any professional courses in the future. That was all along my point in terms of migrating out. If you have seen my statistics on OC for medical seats, 28 out of 1200 seats is a negligible one. leave alone how many are brahmins in that considering some non-brahmins are in the OC too. This number is okay for a brahmin population of 1% or less in tamil-nadu for current population levels, just brahmins alone should get 50 or seats to have a good percentage of represenation in our community.

The thing you metioned about being made to wait for an 1 hour, it just reflects how much we really are diconnected from our reality. The people in ******* (or whoever) are not passionate about their jobs or totally disconnected from reality or probably they have just resigned from their tasks and are just clinging to the position to reap whatever benefits they get for being in the public eye.

I also asked earlier where ******* is located as well would you be able to tell that? I can write to them or something.

I also have another solution to this issue in another post in the same thread.

praveen said:
that is what most have done.

and that in my opinion is not a wise thing to do.

together we can fight, divided we fall easily and faster.

we have an association which at this moment in time doesnt have a clue as to what to do.

When i went to see them in regards to tamilbrahmins.com
i was made to wait for 1 hour before someone came out and said the concerned person is not available.

what we need is a total overhaul of the association and that of its leaders.
to show the younger generation the way.

the 3rd choice is not economically viable even though it might be a solution.
but many kids and less income = more conversions to other religions for the freebies they offer :(

We also have one more choice, that is, the companies especially in foreign countries (and also india) are recruiting indian engineers for their skill should be made to know that they may be recruiting people who could have become engineer or whatever through the quota system. That means they are not getting the best out of best!, unless that is not their objective. Without making a lot of hue and cry we should be able to lobby internally about the merits and demerits of taking people from india who could have obtained degree through quota. Basically this is not to destroy the persons career, but creating and increased awareness among the MNCs about quota and the impact of such in their employee ratio and quality of work subsequently, we can ask them to ask the government and the respective educational institutions to provide who came in quota and who didn't so they have the option to take the best or provide only the OC category first to take the recruitment exams before giving that option to others, that way if they can create an awareness among our political and social masses, that being in reserved quota is not good for their carreer and they have to do away with reservation stuff in a major way or use it only for the really really oppressed masses. This way if the reservation comes down to acceptable levels, we would get good opportunity as well as others and that way it is also fair if the other guy gets selected through open quota.

Also, there is one more option that is brahmins can work internally to find out the statuses of various communities and their economic statuses by funding a marketing group to get the overall status of various communities or something. Once we know that certain communities are rich economically and socially over other communities, we can project them through other communities which are at the bottom of the stack as someone benefitting inappropriately over other communities when it is really the economically and socially backward who should get the benefit and that is also right thing to do, in that statitical process we may also unearth position of brahmins and that can also be used to forward our causes as well!.

Just a thought!...

Maithreyi the migrating option may be difficult to achieve in one place, but if you see what happened to Jews, this is exatly what happend, they concentrated on one place after they were oppressed, they are a formiddable power now, we should not forget that. Obviously we may not experience the same kind of result, but without trying we may not know at all. Partially we also know the answer to effects of migration in the brahmin community 1) they are better off 2) they are also open to changes in the society without compromising the brahminical stuff 3) a lot of impractical, unrealistic practices in our community are removed there by ushering the necessary change among us to carry us in the future.

The spreading of vedas to other community is all great! the only issue is , how many are interested?. If you look or read various hindu texts they are quite oppressive in nature (may be added later or something) so you think a non-brahmin gonna sit and understand that when you say, shudras are born from the leg of god and brahmins are from the head. When a shudra makes a mistake he pay 4 times more fine than a brahmin, 3 times more than kshatriya, 2 times more than a vaishya etc... like that and you expect them to listen to it!?. Certainly not! in our mind we think our brahminism and brahmical world view is great and very good, but, once you look from outsiders view, it is a bad thing! (as they know it). Not that it is really bad, unless you want to give them what you already know as opposed to REFINING it and spreading it to them!.

mythreyi said:
hai all!
it is a very nice option to migrtae to other state but we have to not forget our homeland as well.but the option seems a bit impracticable as it is not possible to accomodate all brahmins in one place.but thereis al;ways a possiblity of spreading the knowledge of vedas to all our community people and make understand the need for existence of our community at the first place.we should be able to get back the respect that we used to be given in those days
tday if people are letting us down that means the others haev grown and we have not.we quickly do something to get to our pavilion.
thank u

hai all!
yea i aunderstand that our brahmins themselves are not interested in their upliftment then what is the use do u think we need to fight for that ?lets us take life as it comes to us be i a brahmin or non brahmin.it is sure that brahmins are considered very high on the records of GOD but we have to understand that it is a gfit to us and strive to keep it safely so that it can be be or may be used by our next generations.our elders have already forgotten what they had to owe to us but we should not commit the same mistake.moreover how much ever u change the society it wil one day get back to its original that is sure.wherever u go and wat ever u learn its root is our vedas only and u have to finish it there.might be i dunno much about the vedic stuff but i believe it is the only way.
thank u

hi to all my brothers and sister threre,
i am a hindi brahmin.i am unable to understand how congrss can be so suicidal.brahmin are 15% in u.p and bihar.witrh other uppercates it goes to 35% to 40% in all north indian states.in utteraanchal and himachal pradesh we are more than 50% of population.i would like to qoute a line from sanakrit.buddhi sarvatra rajyeta{wisdom alwaya rule}.make internet a battlefeild but be modest .otherwise it will leadto a polarisation.

Note: Dhrub, i edited your thread to remove political message(s).
please avoid using the same in future - praveen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dhrub,
I am not even sure, if this is the case, how come congress can do this. as you say it would be suicidal, but I guess this may not be the case, I am sure congress would have calculated the vote bank polititics on this one!. But if what you say is true in terms of percentage, I think you guys are really not doing anything at all whatsoever, while we are slowly eliminated to sidelines and ultimately from the equation. If 50% is the total you are saying or even 40% if you are saying, why oen single brahmin (or uppercaste) leader isn't rallying proper support and demand the resignation of government and a test of confidence.

If what you say is true! the strength and totally wasted and moreoever, the uppercast along with brahmin should have worked to bring the reservation to more acceptable levels like 25% or something like that.

dhrub.b said:
hi to all my brothers and sister threre,
i am a hindi brahmin.i am unable to understand how congrss can be so suicidal.brahmin are 15% in u.p and bihar.witrh other uppercates it goes to 35% to 40% in all north indian states.in utteraanchal and himachal pradesh we are more than 50% of population.i would like to qoute a line from sanakrit.buddhi sarvatra rajyeta{wisdom alwaya rule}.make internet a battlefeild but be modest .otherwise it will leadto a polarisation.

Note: Dhrub, i edited your thread to remove political message(s).
please avoid using the same in future - praveen.

I consistently see that we brahmins quote a lot like 'We have the truth', 'We have dharma', 'We have been surviving 1000s years so nothing will happen', 'We have veda and veda is truth'. And similarly I see you mentioned that Wisdom will rule!. All these are abstract statements with no meaning whatsoever. There is a absolute disconnect from reality here. Wisdom is What really? What wisdom are we talking about?. The wisdom of BR Ambedkar, Periyar or even Arjun Singh (he orchestrated the latest round of reservation actually). Brahmins in TN and southern states dont have any voice whatsoever, because there numbers are so small. Moreoever, they are not the fighting community, generally show a resigned attitude of, 'things will happen for better later', 'it is a test of strength', 'everything is for good', 'we are on the dharma side', 'we are the vedic side' and so on... Where exactly these are gonna uplift brahmins or give us our seats that we deservedly earn due to high scores.

srkpriv said:
dhrub i would like to qoute a line from sanakrit.buddhi sarvatra rajyeta{wisdom alwaya rule}</quote>

Hello Everyone,

My first appreciation today goes to Praveen who mentioned that he edited politically charged messages. Thanks for watching over the content so carefully, it makes me understand the seriousness and the committment of the forum.

Srkpriv has presented a lot of good, constructive ideas on how to proceed from here. I concur with a lot of the major points.

Firstly, we must do what it takes to protect ourselves at an individual level - whether that is a job or moving towards other opportunities.

For those who feel comfortable moving out, they should; those who feel they should stay back they should. But wherever they are I think it is important to keep in touch with the community and participate in whatever way one can in helping others.

I'd like for the forum participants to consider this point - There are at least two levels operating here - One is the condition of the Brahmin community itself and the second is the issues that plague it.

As to changing the conditions of the Brahmin community we need an internal group, a more effective version of *******.

As to issues that plague us - I think one of the things that keeps us trapped is the focus on our small numbers. Why not take it issue by issue and find support with other community members? For e.g., the reservation issue. I am sure there are other Forward Castes that are affected by this issue. Why not team up with them?

Another thing to do is exactly what is happening in this forum - keep communicating and extending this communication to brahmins all across the nation. There was a time when brahmins found it hard to unite because they were geographically dispersed. But in this day and age, with the Internet and everything, there is no excuse.

One of the big things we miss doing is to show support for Brahmins and other groups who do agitate about the issues we care about. I have actually been trying to get in touch with the agitating medicos in North India but I don't know how. I think showing support does not have to mean being physically present or doing anything manually. It could just mean a note or a phone call that says, 'I/We appreciate what you are doing. Keep up the good work.' In other words, it is important to keep encouraging and nourishing the efforts of the few who do try to voice their protests.

I'd like to say that the 'small numbers' point has been repeatedly presented only as a ruse to take away the hope of the Brahmin community. We must'nt fall prey to that. For any social change to occur, nowhere in history, have you had more than a handful of people at the spearheading front. But where you do need numbers is in the following. So what that means is the issue should be presented to members of the community and other communities in such a way as to make people understand the current policy is flawed. So what one needs is a good, sound argument AND make it heard. For that to happen we must raise ONE voice because it is important for the media to hear that. Without media support for any stance, there is not much of a chance of going anywhere.

We must never forget that during Independence struggle conditions were much more desperate than what they are today.

We must think about how to use some of those methods and adapt them to our context.

The only way anything can happen in a democracy is to organize and raise a protest such that it is heard. Silence is of no value.

I completely endorse Skrpriv's idea of collecting data on the Brahmin community. We need to know for sure where the people are, what they are doing and what issues they have.

We could have members of the community, particularly the younger ones, operating out of various villages and towns who can check on the local community and keep a larger community informed.

We need to fight with intelligence and wisdom. And not let anger overpower us.

Thanks for all the wonderful thoughts.

May God bless us and guide every righteous endeavor.

Have a good day.

Hai all,
I agree with what mr chintana has presented about the issue.It is the only way to do and work out the issue but then where is the means? We are trying to save our community so we have t take every step that uplifts.It is sure speaking of all htose quotes without understanding its exact meaning is ridiculous.We have remember that brahmins are men who can control their senses and spread their pure and good thoughts and that was ahy there was so much peace n the society earlier then.Now u see chaos everywhaere then it is sure that brahmins have fallen back cos of selfish motives.It is right that we send a note of appretiation to those who can do the gd job of solving issues but it is also to be noted that the very good thought can bring out the best if u r true in ur motive.No one wants to get back to our ancestors as world is changing and we have to keep ourselves updated to the issues of the world and fight the same manner. I pity that brahmins have come to a position that they need to beg for their rights!more we go further down we do take care of ourselves i mean being a brahmin so that society can take its turn.
thank you

Hi,

I am using quotes from your message Maitreyi, so that I can respond more fully to the concerns that you have raised.

"I agree with what mr chintana has presented about the issue.It is the only way to do and work out the issue but then where is the means?"

You seem to have one already - you are up on the internet and have signed up for this forum and are sharing your views. That might look like a small thing to do but it is a big step. Of course, you must find out how else you can widen your reach. And in this regard nobody can tell you what to do. You know what resources are available to you and have to find out how best to use them.

"We have remember that brahmins are men who can control their senses and spread their pure and good thoughts and that was ahy there was so much peace n the society earlier then.Now u see chaos everywhaere then it is sure that brahmins have fallen back cos of selfish motives."

Firstly, we have to remember that Brahmins are not only men but also women. Secondly, nobody is born with the ability to control one's senses. We have to go through life to learn how to do that. Otherwise all of us would have attained moksha by now. Even the great masters who had finished their Karmic duty had to find themselves a guru in this life to achieve that fullness. Controlling one's senses WITH God focus can bring spiritual evolution at an individual level. This is a very difficult thing to do and requires a calm, peaceful atmosphere (both internal and external) for such development. This is an individual thing and cannot be generalized to a collective whole.

I disagree that there was ever a time when there was peace always. I think that in every era there have been those who wanted peace and those who were interested in disrupting it. This is true as far as recorded history is concerned. Even in the case of mythology, there were wars between asuras and the devas and the asuras have tormented the sages, rishis and other brahmanas. In fact Rama was called by Vishwamitra to the forest to destroy the demons that were troubling that community. So spiritual people always existed alongside the rakshasas.

The idea that Brahmins as a community are totally selfish is untenable. I think the duties of brahmins were a lot more defined and publicized in yesteryears, before the Islamic kings, before the advent of industrialization, mass communication and now, information technology. The compulsions of modernity force one to seek occupations that can feed one's family and maintain interests that can help be in touch with the world. This is no excuse to get away from spirituality, I simply mean that the exercise of the famous Brahminical prowess has gotten a lot more complicated these days.

Also, I don't think that blaming the chaos of the world on Brahmins' negligence of their duty is right. Every human being born into this world should do what is right so that he/she may achieve salvation. Moksha is not meant only for the Brahmins. So the responsibility for doing the right thing also does not belong only to them. The rest of the society has its share as well.

"It is right that we send a note of appretiation to those who can do the gd job of solving issues but it is also to be noted that the very good thought can bring out the best if u r true in ur motive."

If this were true why did all the Indians have to unite, fight, get beaten and go to jail to get independence? Why couldn't they all just sit in one place and "think" to be free?

The point is good thoughts are a starting point. But if you want to get anything done, you have to act. And during times of difficulties there is nothing more encouraging than a word of appreciation. May we learn to be kind and appreciative of one another.

"I pity that brahmins have come to a position that they need to beg for their rights!"

We are not living in a feudal society, neither are we living under the protection of an unassailable king. We are living in a democracy. And in a democracy there are ways of doing things that are different from the ways adopted by our ancestors. And that way is to organize in groups, get good reasons to make one's point and get the public/media attention on the issue. This is the only legitimate way of doing it. Other options such as those practiced by the radicals during the Indian Indpendence movement like killing officials and bombing trains will get the public's attention but will also produce fear. Besides this method is illegal. Unless we master democratic means of participating in a country and establishing our rights we will always be a people who will want to run away. That is hardly any way of protecting the community and winning the respect of those around us, not to mention the future generation.

"more we go further down we do take care of ourselves i mean being a brahmin so that society can take its turn."

I did not understand this.

Thanks.

halo Mr Chintana,
thank you to have carefully viewed my post!In this regard i would like to talk about few more matters.Once they say ur brahmin then it already means that u have all ur senses controlled and that is y ur called so.I believe very much that behind every brahmin success their ought not to be a woman.so it is no right to blame woman in this matter.i dont understand when u said brahmins are not only men bu also women.could be what i have thought of in my earlier sentence.yes it is very much true that u have to bring up ur kith and kin and then u have the very right to be more competitive but lets not forget our values taught to us so long ago. I agree agin thta there was chaos those dayz between Gods abd the demons but it is sure God always won.It is right to folloow the paths they have done.but we dont own any magical powers like them to win over the demons.so our good thoughts wil alone help us bring a sure God and let us show the way for peace.I quote here that more than fighting for rights and etc.,we do fight for peace.finally what fighters did those dayz was only for peace only and to own our country.but then when the country is ours why is the need to fight for more chaos.when other men people are taking over us then we surely are at fall of sufficient knowledge to win over the situation.moksham and all those are still far beyond when peace alone is at a toss.today we are crying and begging to get back our right then it is really pathetic about the situation.
more to say reagrding my finall sentence of lets not fall more means that we get steady with our vedic knowledge and brahminical way of life so that if we start and take care of our home as socity then socity will take care of itself.
thank you
Mr chintana this isall purely for discussion

Before I present my views on chintana and mythreyi and all, I would like to present one more idea for brahmins in terms of educating themselves. Please note that all these are only conceptual or ideas as in uplifting, in practical sense it may not workout due to legal/social/financial reasons.

) Establish colleges (the well to dos) in foreign countries, private funded, private colleges, especially minority colleges, for example, let's say in US, singapore, or Australia, or even sri lanka, where reservation is not the rule and there is a good leverage for private enterprises and colleges. Without violating the local rules, still the college trust will have a lot of option to select the candidates they like. The colleges established by brahmins for their upliftment, can dedicate upto 50% or more seats for brahmin as a policy or that is allowed by law (I am not up-to-date on law). This way we can surely target those brahmins (or other upper castes) and non-brahmins who are left out due to reservation/quota, that means they scored much better than their quota counterpart, but were denied seats due to quota politics. But then think about when you provide seats to those students, we are still getting the best students and at the same time we are doing a self preservation. In time what will happen is most of the people who are at the top of cream will try to apply to these foreign colleges (assuming that many colleges can be established), but eventually, the average mark will reduce for the brahmins (or the quota), that even if the top of the cream comes out, the remaining will still be able to get the seats. this college opening by certain communities is nothing new, DG Vaishnav is opened by vaishnav brahmins (iyengars), vivekananda is there, jain college etc.. are such examples. the constraints are that, cost might be prohibitive, may not have wide impact as many colleges cannot be opened (even if we can one person that is better). The reason I mentioned foreign countries because with the new legislation of directing private colleges to provide reservation, our options will be closed again, so the only recourse is foreign countries, democratic countries, but at the same time provide leverage for private enterprise. Only people who can do these is rich (if anyone is left) brahmins like TVS, Simsons Group, Hindu Group, or some body else, not sure whether they will do or not! or for that matter, I haven't seen or known them opening any colleges so far in India also!. They can also open in states like Gujarat, Rajasthan or Punjab etc. where the OC community is larger and to a large extent the reservation is still in reasonable levels. anyway, just a thought!.

Hi,

Thanks for your post Maitreyi. Please refer to me as Chintana and not 'Mr. Chintana'.

Other than what I have already mentioned I don't have anything new to add.

Srkpriv, you took the wind out of my sails when you mentioned that you were only indulging in wishful thinking.

Have a good day.

congress strategy

I think congress is digging in for next General elections.
they want to consolidate their position in the next elections.
Also a rogue himself Arjun singh who swindled in chugh lottery in M.P some time ago ( hope any of you remember it) has much bigger plans.
Its going to vertically divide the country no doubt in mind.

Which pretty much says we are not masters of sense control! or for that matter we never were.

mythreyi said>>"We have remember that brahmins are men who can control their senses and spread their pure and good thoughts and that was ahy there was so much peace n the society earlier then.Now u see chaos everywhaere then it is sure that brahmins have fallen back cos of selfish motives."

When did I say that?. The wishful thinking stuff means acting on a bias without giving merit to factual evidence as per wikipedia meaning (if it means otherwise, pls. let me know). I am not sure whether you meant complementary or othewise knowing the meaning as given above. Regardless, going by the meaning, actually I try to do the opposite, I try to give merit to factual/objective evidence only as opposed to subjective understanding. The solutions I try to propose are based on the premise that brahmins are the oppressed ones now and in order ot uplift them we have to do things mentioned in the various posts of mine above (my view) in my opinion to help ourselves. It may not workout due to legal/financial/practical reason I said, it may work out also, It is up to us to implement these accordingly. Anyway, it is good to see the topic flowing with messages.

thanks and you too.

Chintana said>>

Srkpriv, you took the wind out of my sails when you mentioned that you were only indulging in wishful thinking.

Have a good day

Hi,

"When did I say that?. The wishful thinking stuff means acting on a bias without giving merit to factual evidence as per wikipedia meaning (if it means otherwise, pls. let me know)."

Right. It also means trying to interpret reality in the way one would like to, in other words, being impractical. As far as the merits of an argument are concerned, one may be perfectly logical but wind up committing a fallacy. For e.g., consider the following:

All crows are stones
All stones are pigs.
Therefore all crows are pigs

Actually syllogisitically this is right. But the inference does not match reality.

What you expressed was a wish, maybe a dream. I merely acknowledged that when I said wishful thinking. Largely because some of the other entries of yours that I looked at were quite sound in terms of practical implementation. So this entry was a contrast.

"I am not sure whether you meant complementary or othewise knowing the meaning as given above."

It was meant to be neither. It was just a comment based on observation.

"Regardless, going by the meaning, actually I try to do the opposite, I try to give merit to factual/objective evidence only as opposed to subjective understanding."

If I understand you correctly this is true of many of your other entries.

"The solutions I try to propose are based on the premise that brahmins are the oppressed ones now and in order ot uplift them we have to do things mentioned in the various posts of mine above (my view) in my opinion to help ourselves."

Some of them are quite sound actually.

"It may not workout due to legal/financial/practical reason I said, it may work out also, It is up to us to implement these accordingly."

This intent of your message was exactly what prompted me to comment the way I did. The first part of the sentence acknowledges the impracticality of the situation and the second part says, well, perhaps this is possible. This is inconsistent. I see what you are getting at, you are trying to express that we probably need to think big and even dream the impossible to get to where we need to go. That is good and I welcome that. But I know that setting up institutions of education in countries abroad is not as simple a thing as you make it out to be.

Pretty thought. But I dont think it will take us anywhere.

"Anyway, it is good to see the topic flowing with messages."

Same here.

I actually liked Cheenus' entry. You are absolutely right this is dirty politics played by politicians who dont mind pawning the lives of entire generations for petty gains. And if we unite on this and pressurize the government something might well come out of it.

I would prefer to leave TN as first preference or leave the country and let us live in a separate island. This will be best for the entire brahmin community. Also, our big people who ever works as secretary/auditors to these big shots should stop working to people who hates brahmins.

hai chintana,
ur thoughts are also on the right track.we only need a careful thinking on what we say and bring it to action.after all we are only fighting to get back to our form.
thank u

srkpriv originally said>>"It may not workout due to legal/financial/practical reason I said, it may work out also, It is up to us to implement these accordingly."
Chintana replied>>This intent of your message was exactly what prompted me to comment the way I did.
The first part of the sentence acknowledges the impracticality of the situation and the second part says, well, perhaps this is possible. This is inconsistent.

Let me just clarify by saying that, I am not being inconsisent here, what I trying to say is acknowledging a simple fact that the solutions provided may or may not be implementable. What I am trying to be is impartial here. Just because I said something I dont want to say it can be implemented. I am being open-minded as to acknowledge both the practicallity and the impracatility due to various reasons, known/unknown. May be when I try to implement it, that is as a work product, I will do everything in my capacity to implement it, that is, I will try to find a work-around, break the obstacles etc..

But currently as per the topic, we are discussing the various choices that is available to us on a impartial level, without quantifying qualititavely or quantitavely, the difficulty/easiness/other aspects of the problem. That way we will know how many items are in our basket.

I see what you are getting at, you are trying to express that we probably need to think big and even dream the impossible to get to where we need to go. That is good and I welcome that.

I am just trying to be impassionate, impartial and open-minded to the given isssue and thanks!.

But I know that setting up institutions of education in countries abroad is not as simple a thing as you make it out to be. "

I indeed acknowledged the possiblity/difficulty at the beginning of post itself anyway!. Moreoever, I also at the end of the post, mentioned it cannot be done by everybody and also listed the constraints in doing so as well.

I would love to see more solutions anyway to uplift brahmins and put them in the right place!.

Another choice for Tamil Brahmins other Forward Caste is to Boycott Sun TV and its group TV programs. Why watch Sun TV and give them prosperity instead watch other channels, boycott all DMK party programmes, televisions, radio and anything to do with. I am sure we have good programs in other channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back