• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hello- An intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All. I am a new entrant to the world of Tamil Brahmins. My name is Muthuswamy and am 69 yrs old. I hail from Thiruvroor, Tanjore Dt. and am the sixth descendent of Shri Muthuswamy Dikshithar, of the Carnatic music trinity. I was trained in music under the tutelage of (late) Alathoor Venkateswara Iyer, father of one of the Alathoor Bros, in trichy and later under my father Shri Baluswamy Dikshithar (late). I did not take up music as profession but entered Banking/finance industry and retired from State Bank of India group, as a top executive and later as a chairman of one of India's Private sector banks. I have two sons who are also in the finance industry.
I would like to participate in the group to the extent possible.

Thank you all

Your intro just attracted me because of its contents. I had the பாக்கியம் of meeting Sri Thiagaraja Swamigal's எள்ளுப்பேரன் sometime in 1950s. I only enjoy hearing Sangeetam. Bless me to promotion.

Dear Shri.Kappumuthu,
Welcome to this forum.There are many music lovers in this forum.Recently the son of (late)GNB has joined this forum.
You may utilise the thread"Introduce Yourself" under "Community--Introduction" for your introduction.

Sri Muthuswami
Welcome to the Tamilbrahmins forum.
Dear forum members
I got the following information from Wikipedia about our new member Sri Muthusvami which I wish to share with you.
"Baluswami Dikshitar, the sixth descendant in the line, a well known vainika by his own rights, resided in Trichy and then moved to Chennai in 1957. He died in November 1985. He has two sons and two daughters. The eldest son, Muthuswamy, the seventh descendent in the line, retired as a top executive in the State Bank of India group of banks and then was the Managing Director and CEO of a private sector bank.The Raja Rajeswari, Vallabha Ganapathi, Sree Chakra, Banalingam, Saligramam and other idols, given to Shri Muthuswamy Dikshithar by his guru Chidambaranatha Yogi is in the family with the eldest son Muthuswamy along with the veena (with the upturned Yaali Mukha) with the Sanskrit inscription "Sri Ram" said to have been given to Dikshithar by Goddess Sarasvati, when he bathed in the river Ganges, as indication of his having attained Mantra Siddhi."
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back