• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How the name "Jesus" created

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus means in Hebrew "God Saves".Angel Gabriel gave him the name Jesus which expresses both his identity & Mission

When Christ was on the cross he said "ela ela lama sabachtani" to say "god why have you forsaken me".

Ela in hebrew means goddess (its masculine form is EL for male-god).

This is a debate found in many forums -- why would Christ ask ELA to save him ?

Conents deleted by me as directed by our Super Moderator in post no.5 (check my post no.6 also).

Last edited:
Dear Sri saidevo Ji,

We do not put down other religions and their beliefs here. Your posting og Sri Goel's article is not appropriate here, especially under this topic. Please read the description of what is allowed to be posted here.

I am shocked that a vedic scholar like you would post such an article. What purpose does this serve, except creating anger in some immature people's mind?

This does not do any justice to those millions of Christians, who are decent and follow their beliefs in Christ in earnest. The same respect we demand for our Gods and Gurus, we need to give to other religions as well.

I ask you to take this posting down by yourself. Thanks.

Regards,
KRS

Last edited:
namaste shrI KRS.

I am under the impression that this 'Philosophy and Traditions' thread is meant for discussing Hindu philosophy and possibly the philosophy of other Indian religions as it relates to Hindu Dharma. I don't understand why we as Hindus should discuss Jesus and Christianity here. If we need to discuss them, I feel that a separate forum might be created for the purpose. Anyway, I have deleted the post as per your directions. Let us remember, however, that it is rare to find a patriot like Sita Ram Goel, who is not just a Hindutva scholar.

namaste shrI Ramacchandran.

I don't understand how you relate the 'eka vastu' of Hinduism with Jesus of Christianity. 'eka vastu' means Brahman, but Jesus is the Son of God. AFAIK, Christianity talks about three godhead personalities: Father, Son and the Holy Ghost. Jesus was the Son until he was crucified and now is viewed as the Holy Ghost. Even our Tamil Christian pAdiriyArs usually distinguish between the 'parama pitA in the paramaNDalam' and 'kartar'.

In Sanskrit "Ekha Vasthu" means one object. This identifies God is one.

From this word the God is only one word created and called Jesus. The same is called Allah in Tamil Ellaa. so the god is only one that is Nature or Universe.

Last edited:
Dear Sri saidevo Ji,

Thank you.

I agree that this thread is to post on 'Hindu Philosophy and Traditions'.

One of our deep rooted ethos as Hindus is that we believe that all paths to Him are valid.

That is what I think Sri Ramacchandran Ji was posting on.

The article you posted fits more in to politics of religion. Even there, I would edit it out, as, if I were a Christian my sentiments would be hurt, the same way, our sentiments would be hurt if someone trashes our Gods and Gurus. So, it does not belong here.

Regards,
KRS

namaste shrI KRS.

I am under the impression that this 'Philosophy and Traditions' thread is meant for discussing Hindu philosophy and possibly the philosophy of other Indian religions as it relates to Hindu Dharma. I don't understand why we as Hindus should discuss Jesus and Christianity here. If we need to discuss them, I feel that a separate forum might be created for the purpose. Anyway, I have deleted the post as per your directions. Let us remember, however, that it is rare to find a patriot like Sita Ram Goel, who is not just a Hindutva scholar.

When Christ was on the cross he said "ela ela lama sabachtani" to say "god why have you forsaken me".

Dear Happy, I think Jesus spoke Aramaic, see here, Edtd - KRS

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
saidevo,pranams.sanathana dharma means eternal righteous living,which is like an umbrella term wherein all religions come under it.lord jesus christ is worshipped and loved by millions as ishta devata,a concept very familiar to us.jan 03 2010,doing grace light meditation,i had a vision of christ.the beauty is it was ringing as aramaich( chai ram aka sai ram)my life was saved and an accident averted.god knows no boundaries,he chooses at his will how to reach and protect.all we need is a pure heart and god in his various forms aka sagunam brahman and god in nirguna brahman aka formless god,will always comfort and give peace.being a sai baba devotee,shiva-shakthi incarnation is readily visible and invisible to all in all worlds.samatha loka sukhino bhavanthu.

isha putran is what our scriptures write about jesus christ.yaesu christhu is what tamil christians say.al-kristha is ancient arabics called and so on.....

Another and more convincing derivation I have heard is eeSaH > eeSa > ESu >jESu > jEsus. For Christians in Kerala Jesus is also "eeSo", "yESu" even today. They also have Jesudas or Yesudas (real name).

Dear Happy, I think Jesus spoke Aramaic, see here, but your general point is valid, one of those contradictions we see in all religious doctrine including Advaita where in the only reality of Nirguna Brhman somehow comes under the influence of maya that is outside this only reality without a second and get deluded.

Cheers!
Dear Sir,

I stand corrected.

The actual words apparently were either
1) "eloi eloi lama sabachtani" (mark 15.34); or
2) "eli eli lama sabachtani" (matthew 27.46).

Wiki describes it here

Some apparently take it to be Elahi or Ela which wiki says means God in Aramaic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elahi

Wonder which version is true.

Regards.

Last edited:

thats not what he said.

hiranya garbha aka locally mother.its the order in nature to have a upadhi aka vessel namely a womb to be delievered s baby.mother mary was the chosen one.father joseph was the chosen one.

Edtd - KRS

thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
of course modern science has test tube babies,but that is an exception not an order of natural things even though the ingredients are male sperm and woman egg for fertilisation.just posting this,to make sure,it will always be man-woman for pro-creation as well re-creation as well.....arut perum jyothi arut perum jyothi thani perum karunai arut perum jyothi ...

happy hindu,i hope you really get your answere by praying to your ishta devata.i stand corrected krs.thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back