• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

தமிழ்நாட்டு அரசியல் அகராதி

Status
Not open for further replies.
தமிழ்நாட்டு அரசியல் அகராதி

Here is an attempt to intrepret the terms one often comes across in Tamil Nadu.

மத நல்லிணக்கம் = இந்துக்கள் அல்லாதோர் நலம்

மத சார்பின்மை = இந்துமத எதிர்ப்பு

சமூக நீதி = பிராமணர்களை நசுக்குதல்

பார்ப்பண ஆதிக்கம் = பிராமணர் அல்லாதோரின் திறமையின்மை

பார்ப்பண குறும்பு = பிராமணர்களின் அறிவுத்திறன்

வடமொழி ஆதிக்கம் = தமிழைத்தவிர ஒன்றும் புரியவில்லை

தமிழ்ப் பற்று = பிற மொழிகள் கல்லாமை

திராவிடம் = தேசியத்திற்கு எதிர்ப்பு

பகுத்தறிவு = பிடிவாதம் கலந்த மூர்க்கத்தனம்

கொள்கை = வேறு வழி கிடைக்கும் வரை இது

சீர்திருத்தம் = சீரழிவு

கூட்டணி = பண பரிமாற்றம்

ஆதரவு = அடைக்கலம்

வெளியிலிருந்து ஆதரவு = மிரட்டல்

மத நல்லிணக்கம் = also eating cake and drinking kanji

மத சார்பின்மை = a slogan used to win the minority votes.

சமூக நீதி = crush all the meritorious Forward castes and promote the other castes irrespective of their merits.

பார்ப்பண ஆதிக்கம் = widely used when they are not able to argue their cases logically.

பார்ப்பண குறும்பு = when wisdom is to be branded as mischief.

வடமொழி ஆதிக்கம் = Tahmzhe thagaraaru endraal...

தமிழ்ப் பற்று =
matravai eppadi mandaiyil erum?

திராவிடம் = anti brahmin motto.

பகுத்தறிவு = that which is neither logical nor intellectual.

கொள்கை = only in name and not in theme.

சீர்திருத்தம் = shortest route to transfer public funds into private accounts.

கூட்டணி = clay horse in the flowing river water.

ஆதரவு = mutual help for the common aim of looting the nation. :cell:

மத நல்லிணக்கம் = also eating cake and drinking kanji

மத சார்பின்மை = a slogan used to win the minority votes.

சமூக நீதி = crush all the meritorious Forward castes and promote the other castes irrespective of their merits.

பார்ப்பண ஆதிக்கம் = widely used when they are not able to argue their cases logically.

பார்ப்பண குறும்பு = when wisdom is to be branded as mischief.

வடமொழி ஆதிக்கம் = Tahmzhe thagaraaru endraal...

தமிழ்ப் பற்று = matravai eppadi mandaiyil erum?

திராவிடம் = anti brahmin motto.

பகுத்தறிவு = that which is neither logical nor intellectual.

கொள்கை = only in name and not in theme.

சீர்திருத்தம் = shortest route to transfer public funds into private accounts.

கூட்டணி = clay horse in the flowing river water.

ஆதரவு = mutual help for the common aim of looting the nation. :cell:

Yet another proof that you and I share common thoughts. I purposely typed "Tamizh' instead of "Tamizhp' patru to highlight such people's Tamizh knowledge. Bharathi must have dreamt of the advent of Tamil TV channels when he said, "Tamizh ini mella saagum". (remember my mother tongue is Telugu!:p) Though we have made fun of it, it is quite disturbing especially since we are often on the receiving side. This justifies the exodus of Brahmins from TN.

Last edited:
சமூக நீதி = பிராமணர்களை நசுக்குதல்
பார்ப்பண ஆதிக்கம் = பிராமணர் அல்லாதோரின் திறமையின்மை
பார்ப்பண குறும்பு = பிராமணர்களின் அறிவுத்திறன்
பகுத்தறிவு = பிடிவாதம் கலந்த மூர்க்கத்தனம்
சீர்திருத்தம் = சீரழிவு
Wow, you and VR take my breath away with this supremacist victim-hood whining. It seems these Brahmins will find fault with even a bereaving family if they are not allowed to be the dead body in a funeral.

It can't be a compliment when it is in such a bad taste! :evil:

I know what I am talking about since I live in Tamilnadu and keep track of things

happening around and words that been downloaded on the gullible
public.

To suggest that the only way to keep someone from speaking out the

truth is to make him/her the corpse in a funeral!!!
:sick:

இதை ஓலமெனச் சொல்லுவதை நான் ஒப்புக்கொள்ளவில்லை.
[அப்ப சரி, போ! உன்னை யாராச்சும் கேட்டாங்களா?]

நடைமுறையில் நிகழ்வதைப் படம் பிடித்துக் காட்டியிருக்கின்றனர்.
[ம்ம்ம்,.. வா, இப்ப நீ வந்து இன்னொரு ஃபிலிம் காட்டு மவனே!]

பாதிக்கப்பட்டவர்கள் தங்களது மனக்குறையை நிதரிசனமாகச் சொல்லியிருக்கிறார்கள்.
[வண்ட்டாருய்யா இவரு! பெரிய சண்டியரு ]

உங்கள் பார்வையில் இது எப்படிப் படுகிறது எனச் சொல்லலாம்.
[ம்ம் அப்புறம்???]

அதைவிடுத்து இப்படி ஒட்டுமொத்தமாகச் சாடுவது சரியில்லை.
[சரியில்லைன்னா போய்க்கோ ஒன் ஜோலியைப் பார்த்துகிட்டு]

தனிமனிதத் தாக்குதலைத் தவிர்க்கலாமே!
[நினைச்சேன்! இப்படி ஒரு அறிவுரை சொல்லித்தான் முடிப்பேன்னு!]

[அடைப்புக்குறிகளுக்குள்.... என் மனசாட்சி!]

Wit and wisdom must go hand in hand!

Wit must be the expression of wisdom.

We may use a pen with a diamond tip...
:laser:

as long as the pen is filled the with the ink called LOVE.

What HAS to be proved can not be worth MUCH!
:sad:

In any case we do not need to prove anything to anyone here...

Take it or leave it. It is your choice. Don't:whip: please!

சென்னைச் செந்தமிழிலும் கூட

நன்றாகவே இருக்கின்றது ஐயா

உங்கள் மனசாட்சியின் குரலொலி!
எங்கள் மனம் கவர்ந்தது விட்டது !
:clap2:

Madam, the source of bad taste is OP and your response. If you two have the courage of conviction about what you have said, go to (i) TamilnaduTalk.com, or (ii) Karuthu web site, say this and stand up and defend it.

Bad taste! Indeed!!

Thank you ....

We have the courage and conviction to even say this in the streets of TN.
உச்சி மீது வானிடிந்து வீழுகின்ற போதிலும் அச்சமில்லை அச்சமில்லை அச்சமென்பதில்லையே
It appears you have never been a victim of TN politics.

Epigram of the mentality of Ex-Indians:

Everything is false until it is Established to be Correct!
:argue:

Everything that is not known to me must be false!
:caked:

We have the courage and conviction to even say this in the streets of TN.
உச்சி மீது வானிடிந்து வீழுகின்ற போதிலும் அச்சமில்லை அச்சமில்லை அச்சமென்பதில்லையே
It appears you have never been a victim of TN politics.
Siva, I disagree with you on Brahminism, but I felt no need to make an argument out of it, untill I come across your first post on this thread. In fact, initially I ignored it because I assumed it was from another poster because of the familiar format and gratuitous tone. Only later I realized it was from you and felt a need to object.

Siva, you seem to be a nice guy. I hope we can make a rational conversation out of this. Let us start with the following:

• Tell me why social justice (சமூக நீதி) is the same as crushing Brahmins (பிராமணர்களை நசுக்குதல்).
  • Tell me why rationality (பகுத்தறிவு) is the same as stubborn stupidity (பிடிவாதம் கலந்த மூர்க்கத்தனம்)
  • Tell me why reform (சீர்திருத்தம்) is the same as ruin (சீரழிவு).
  • Are you saying there was Brahmin domination (பார்ப்பன ஆதிக்கம்), but it is only due to NB ineptitude (பிராமணர் அல்லாதோரின் திறமையின்மை)?
  • Do you agree Brahmins engaged in mischief (பார்ப்பன குறும்பு), but that was because of their superior brain power (பிராமணர்களின் அறிவுத்திறன்)?
To me, these statements come off quite offensive. IMO, it does not take any courage at all, let alone the Bharathiyar kind you have cited, to make these statements within the confines of a Brahmin forum.

Siva, since you live in SA, I request you to replace "Brahmin" with Afrikan and NB with Colored to see how offensive these statements are.

Cheers!

Siva, I disagree with you on Brahminism, but I felt no need to make an argument out of it, untill I come across your first post on this thread. In fact, initially I ignored it because I assumed it was from another poster because of the familiar format and gratuitous tone. Only later I realized it was from you and felt a need to object.

Siva, you seem to be a nice guy. I hope we can make a rational conversation out of this. Let us start with the following:

• Tell me why social justice (சமூக நீதி) is the same as crushing Brahmins (பிராமணர்களை நசுக்குதல்).
  • Tell me why rationality (பகுத்தறிவு) is the same as stubborn stupidity (பிடிவாதம் கலந்த மூர்க்கத்தனம்)
  • Tell me why reform (சீர்திருத்தம்) is the same as ruin (சீரழிவு).
  • Are you saying there was Brahmin domination (பார்ப்பன ஆதிக்கம்), but it is only due to NB ineptitude (பிராமணர் அல்லாதோரின் திறமையின்மை)?
  • Do you agree Brahmins engaged in mischief (பார்ப்பன குறும்பு), but that was because of their superior brain power (பிராமணர்களின் அறிவுத்திறன்)?
To me, these statements come off quite offensive. IMO, it does not take any courage at all, let alone the Bharathiyar kind you have cited, to make these statements within the confines of a Brahmin forum.

Siva, since you live in SA, I request you to replace "Brahmin" with Afrikan and NB with Colored to see how offensive these statements are.

Cheers!

Thanks for saying I am a nice guy. I atleast try to be one.

I think you have not understood what I have said. These terms are uphemisms used by politicians and some social groups in TN. It appears you are away from TN for long. In TN, they always try to suppress brahmins. They (the politicians & some social groups) can not tolerate the intelligence of brahmins. Very often, they extend this 'courtesy' to Hinduism. TN politicians can take porridge in a muslim prayer but would criticise Hindu practices. The current CM of TN never wishes Hindus on the occasion of Vinayaka Chaturthi or Deepavali but always take part in Ramzan fasting. He even questioned as to which Engg college did Lord Ram graduate from (to build Ram Sethu bridge). They want to chase the brahmins out of TN. The name given to this is 'Samooka needi' or 'social justice'. Despite the 'reservations' iff the other communities can not prove their worth leaving the place for brainy brahmins, they term it 'paarppana aadikkam'. When they observe that the brahmins still come up due to their brain power, they name it 'paarpana kurumbu'. (The sensible views of Cho are often termed so). And we all know that paguttarivu was a tool to put forth senseless arguments but in a sensational way.

I think the situation in SA is different from what it is in TN. It was a case of suppression in SA but Brahmins did not single-handedly suppress any caste. If you look at the caste conflicts in TN today, brahmins are not involved even in one of them. There is a political vendetta against brahmins just for the reason of kaazpunarchi.

Hope you find my views 'rational'!!

Last edited:
Hope you find my views 'rational'!!
Sorry Siva, your response is no more than a repetition of the same supremacist/victimhood whining.

It appears you are away from TN for long. In TN, they always try to suppress brahmins.
What appears to you is wrong. I do have very direct knowledge of what is going on Tamilnadu. You are wrong when you say Brahmins are suppressed in TN. You know I have traveled the length and breadth of Tamil Nadu in a tradition attire, i.e., panca kaccham and 12 thiruman all over my upper body, never derided let alone molested. This was in 1997. In the sandhayavandhanam thread people were expressing embarrassment for performing sandhya in the open, do they even know that sandhya is supposed to be done in the open? I have done that in TN routinely as late as 2005, never made fun of.

When I look around my family, not a single person was denied a decent education, even though some of them did not score very high in their +2. Because of the family connections all of my nephews and nieces are well placed and raking in $ or Rs by the bushels. None of them were super intelligent or extra hardworking.

So, where is the suffering, where is the suppressing?

Yes, the monopoly on educational opportunities is gone. The society has turned to a different model for subsidizing educational opportunity. Brahmins are having to pay market rate for their education. So, what you call as suppression is nothing more than having to make room for other members of the society as well.

The current CM of TN never wishes Hindus on the occasion of Vinayaka Chaturthi or Deepavali but always take part in Ramzan fasting.
So what? Is this your justification to say things like TBs are brainy and rationality is stuboiorn stupidiyt, etc.?

Also, I am sure if MK goes to a temple to partake Vinayaka Chatruthi meals, he will have to sit with the Shudras and perhaps he does not care for that. Why is this an affront to Brahmins alone?

He even questioned as to which Engg college did Lord Ram graduate from (to build Ram Sethu bridge). They want to chase the brahmins out of TN.
So what? This gives you no reason to say the things you said.

• Despite the 'reservations' iff the other communities can not prove their worth leaving the place for brainy brahmins, they term it 'paarppana aadikkam'.
  • When they observe that the brahmins still come up due to their brain power, they name it 'paarpana kurumbu'. (The sensible views of Cho are often termed so).
  • And we all know that paguttarivu was a tool to put forth senseless arguments but in a sensational way.
Well, more of supremacist/victimhood whining. Reservation only took away the subsidy, brahmins don't have monopoly on brain power -- the toppers are not brahmins, and Cho is an opportunist first and foremost. If they say parpana kuRumbu, it is the mischief of Brahminists, not their brain power. Rationality is not senseless, the superstitions of Brahminism are.

I think the situation in SA is different from what it is in TN. It was a case of suppression in SA but Brahmins did not single-handedly suppress any caste.
Yes, this is what everybody says, my case is different. It is the Varna system, the system that Brahminists can't bring themselves to reject even in this day and age, that is responsible for the caste atrocities. The designer of a runaway killer automobile with faulty brakes is more responsible for the lives killed than the one who is driving that automobile.

If you look at the caste conflicts in TN today, brahmins are not involved even in one of them. There is a political vendetta against brahmins just for the reason of kaazpunarchi.
What political vendetta? Do you know of any Brahmin who was not allowed to contest in elections? Is there a single Brahmin who got legitimately elected, but was prevented from serving?

Cheers!

Sorry Siva, your response is no more than a repetition of the same supremacist/victimhood whining.

What appears to you is wrong. I do have very direct knowledge of what is going on Tamilnadu. You are wrong when you say Brahmins are suppressed in TN. You know I have traveled the length and breadth of Tamil Nadu in a tradition attire, i.e., panca kaccham and 12 thiruman all over my upper body, never derided let alone molested. This was in 1997. In the sandhayavandhanam thread people were expressing embarrassment for performing sandhya in the open, do they even know that sandhya is supposed to be done in the open? I have done that in TN routinely as late as 2005, never made fun of.

When I look around my family, not a single person was denied a decent education, even though some of them did not score very high in their +2. Because of the family connections all of my nephews and nieces are well placed and raking in $ or Rs by the bushels. None of them were super intelligent or extra hardworking.

So, where is the suffering, where is the suppressing?

Yes, the monopoly on educational opportunities is gone. The society has turned to a different model for subsidizing educational opportunity. Brahmins are having to pay market rate for their education. So, what you call as suppression is nothing more than having to make room for other members of the society as well.

So what? Is this your justification to say things like TBs are brainy and rationality is stuboiorn stupidiyt, etc.?

Also, I am sure if MK goes to a temple to partake Vinayaka Chatruthi meals, he will have to sit with the Shudras and perhaps he does not care for that. Why is this an affront to Brahmins alone?

So what? This gives you no reason to say the things you said.

Well, more of supremacist/victimhood whining. Reservation only took away the subsidy, brahmins don't have monopoly on brain power -- the toppers are not brahmins, and Cho is an opportunist first and foremost. If they say parpana kuRumbu, it is the mischief of Brahminists, not their brain power. Rationality is not senseless, the superstitions of Brahminism are.

Yes, this is what everybody says, my case is different. It is the Varna system, the system that Brahminists can't bring themselves to reject even in this day and age, that is responsible for the caste atrocities. The designer of a runaway killer automobile with faulty brakes is more responsible for the lives killed than the one who is driving that automobile.

What political vendetta? Do you know of any Brahmin who was not allowed to contest in elections? Is there a single Brahmin who got legitimately elected, but was prevented from serving?

Cheers!

I thank you for the detailed account you have given to justify your stand. As a matter of fact, I have never been deried personally though I have also travelled with panchakachcham and angavastiram in public transport (in 2008). I have had good education and got more than one job with the Govt. My nephews and nieces are also well placed. But my 'agaraathi' was not based on my personal experience but the situation in general in TN.

My reference to MK's stand was reg Hinduism as a whole and was not confined to brahmins.

It is strange to read that brahmins had "monopoly" in education. When and where? If brahmins excelled well it is because they studied well. There is a politically well orchestrated move to prevent brahmins from growing. It is 'exclusinve growth' which the politicians ironically call as 'inclusive growth'. The politicians want reservation even in private sector.

I understand the situation in SA well but do not want to give a detailed a/c here as it may not be relevant. It is different from the state of brahmins in TN.

..... But my 'agaraathi' was not based on my personal experience but the situation in general in TN.
Siva, is this not an an amazing statement? Remember, when I objected to the tasteless அகராதி, one of the first things you said was, "It appears you have never been a victim of TN politics." Now you say you have never been one either. So, your gratuitous mocking was based on what you think is the general situation in TN, about which you have no personal experience. Well done!

My reference to MK's stand was reg Hinduism as a whole and was not confined to brahmins.
If you want to criticize MK, do so all you want, but don't try to mock the entire Dravidian movement with derisive terms like சீர்திருத்தம் is total ruin and பகுத்தறிவு obstinate stupidity. Don't posit your imagined negative traits upon all liberals and progressives.

It is strange to read that brahmins had "monopoly" in education. When and where?
In India in general, and TN in particular. The vestiges of this centuries old domination can be seen even today in schools and widely prevalent structural inequalities everywhere. The social, economic, and religious environment was such that a large section of population was indoctrinated over centuries to think they are unfit for anything other than servitude and physical labor. Nothing strange about this if you can broaden your perspective and look beyond imagined Brahmin superiority and victimhood.

If brahmins excelled well it is because they studied well.
This is just a fantasy. Look at the toppers in +2 and the cut off marks for admission into various college courses.

There is a politically well orchestrated move to prevent brahmins from growing.
Prevent brahmins from growing, really Siva. I asked you to give examples, but instead, you are just repeating the same old tired whine. If you look at the last 50 years, not a single Brahmin family can claim they are economically worse off than their parents.

Siva, you also said earlier that Brahmins are successful because of their brain power and hard work. Does this not mean you agree they were not prevented from growing, no? Then why this whine?

Looking at this from a different angle -- on the one hand Brahmins fondly wax eloquent who a true Brahmin is, one who is dedicated to Vedic studies, poverty, etc., etc. So, if one must avoid the charge of rank hypocrisy, "growing" for Brahmin must be progressing from secular pursuits to religious ones. No Dravidian politician has prevented a single Brahmin from doing this, let alone orchestrated it well, politically. Heck, they did not prevent a single Brahmin from growing in secular arena either as can be seen looking around our own families.

All I can say is, stop whining, you and most Brahmins have it great compared to millions and millions of unfortunate people all over Tamilnadu.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Mr. Siva, (refer # 15 and # 17)

There is no need to quote the mail to which we are replying, unless it is in another

page and definitely not when it is right above our reply!

with best wishes,
V.R.

1. I scored 84% in +2 exam but yet could not get admission in a day college while many students with lesser marks got admission under “social justice”.
2. My promotion in a PSU was delayed because another employee had to be given the same to achieve “social justice”
3. My wife was the only one to pass the departmental exam at her work (with GOI undertaking) and yet the promotion was given to another employee, again for the reason of “social justice”
4. Some of my Brahmin friends could not pursue higher studies though they scored well in the qualifying exams

These instances are adequate to prove that I have been a victim of the policies of our Govt. and we know that such policies are drawn by our politicians. When I said, “my ‘agaraathi’ was not just based on my personal experience but the situation in general in TN”, it was not my wish or fantasy. It is the ground reality. But yet I still maintain that I did not compile the ‘agaraathi’ just based on my personal experience.

Brahmins have always had the brain power and they still have. But they are denied the opportunity. But Brahmins still manage to find a job in USA (!!) or in SA. This is what the politicians are not able to digest. So, they bring in policies that would prevent Brahmins from growing. Now you understand why on the one hand I said “Brahmins are brainy” while on the other I said ‘Brahmins are prevented from growth”?

It is absurd to say that Brahmins had monopoly in education. No one was given admission or a higher rating just because the person was a Brahmin.

The politicians preach “Tamizh patru” but their wards get educated in English and some of them even know Hindi. But they do not allow the interested common public to learn Hindi. Sanskrit has been labeled as a Brahmin language!

It is indeed true that Hinduism is being attacked in the name of secularism and Brahmins are subjected to hardship in the name of social justice. Whether we accept it or not is up to us. My words are reflections of truth. I am very much aware that there are millions who are worse than me. But my point was not about my status. It was to expose the stand of TN politicians. One has to be sensitive to what is happening around. I am sensitive and that is why I react to the situation in TN. To call it “whining” or “fantasy” neither makes sense nor shows sensitivity. When sense or sensitivity is lacking, sensationalism takes over.

]Brahmins have always had the brain power and they still have. But they are denied the opportunity. But Brahmins still manage to find a job in USA (!!) or in SA. This is what the politicians are not able to digest. So, they bring in policies that would prevent Brahmins from growing. Now you understand why on the one hand I said “Brahmins are brainy” while on the other I said ‘Brahmins are prevented from growth”?

Shri Siva Sir,

I do not agree that "Brahmins have always had the brain power and they still have." It was in the past a rule that only brahmins studied vedams by rote, without studying sanskrit because it is tough. Kindly look around and find out how many real sanskrit scholars are there. But can any brahmin take the work of say, building a gopuram out of granite stone? No. even now will go to a sthapati only, a NB. So it is not brahmins alone who can be brain power. Now if you see the crowd/queu before US consulate (may not be now, but 3-4 years before) you will find NBs as much as B. Even infosys top man today is a NB. Narayanamurthy had good luck but infosys was not made successful by that one man.

Just ask any B about carpentry or தடிக்கணக்கு for a building? how knowledgeable he will be even if architect? he will rely on expert தச்சன் only because b just cannot know practical work. Again take lathe machine work, even engineers will only parrot what they might have studied in textbook but will be poor in practical matters.

Any such practical work, Bs are backward. they were good clerks in British govt., "muskafied" white bosses and got to become tahsildars and deputy collectors and got lot of Bs appointed in lower jobs in those days. that's all they are good at.

So, just pl. don't carry this idea.

A wood cutter cannot be an expert in computer science.

A driver cannot be an expert in quantum mechanics/particle physics.

A pilot cannot be expected to be one of the best swimmers.

A musician cannot be expected to be a garment designer.

A grammar teacher cannot be expected to be a good lab assistant.

A doctor cannot be expected to be a good cook.

An advocate cannot be expected to be a great artisan.

A butcher cannot be a great poet.

A drama artiste cannot be expected to be an academician.

An economist cannot be a good veterinary doctor.

A barber cannot be a great sculptor.

A good priest cannot be expected to be a good researcher.

A person good at doing physical labour cannot be expected to be successful in intellectual professions too.

When CORNERED even a mouse will fight back!

We Human and are forced to endure even what CAN be cured!!
Very well written dear Mr. Haridasa Siva!!!
:clap2:

Dear Mr. pannvalan,

We had discussed the different types of intelligences and how they are all

necessary for successful living on the planet called earth.
I would rather not enter

into that topic again and face a free-for-all-fist-fight, with-words-for-blows!

We can awaken sleeping persons but NOT those persons who feign to be asleep.
:sleep:

with warm regards,
V.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back