• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Atharvana veda and it prominence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Can you someone tell me about Atharvana veda? But is it is not widely taught in veda-padasala. Most of them
taught rig, yajur and sama veda. Some people are telling it contains occult practises and power mantras to
destroy/eliminate anybody. Also I want to know who is practising this in Tamil nadu or Kerala ?
Because I want to help my friend (to vengence partner who ran away). Nothing wrong using this veda to punish bad people. Where can I get books for Athavana veda (in Tamil script). ? I am not proficient in Sanskrit.

Thanks
Usha

Hi
Can you someone tell me about Atharvana veda? But is it is not widely taught in veda-padasala. Most of them
taught rig, yajur and sama veda. Some people are telling it contains occult practises and power mantras to
destroy/eliminate anybody. Also I want to know who is practising this in Tamil nadu or Kerala ?
Because I want to help my friend (to vengence partner who ran away). Nothing wrong using this veda to punish bad people. Where can I get books for Athavana veda (in Tamil script). ? I am not proficient in Sanskrit.

Thanks
Usha

why you want to do round about method? learn atharvana vedam, leran mantram for vengeance and do puja, homam etc? spend lots of money without guarantee? even mantravadis go to allopathic doctor when they get fever!

as you see in cinemas, find out a good goonda gang, give them money, photo and details of partner and they will do what vengeance you want. even big banks are doing like this to get loans back. and the police is telling kanchi sankaracharya also did something like that - at least he should have used atharvanam i feel now. (harm done by black magic is not crime, as per law.) don't you think so?

Ushaji,
Sarmaji is right. Why do you want to waste time in learning Atharva veda. They are
professional killers and they chop off the heads for money. They do this in crowded
places and the public just watch. It is common now because the Rulers themselves
adopt these methods. All are unpunished; not only that, some get cabinet births in
the elected governments !. We re-elect them, perhaps out of fear or due to the
pre-election biscuits.

My personal advice Usha is : remain calm, stay put and do nothing. No one goes
unpunished in the Courts of God. By finishing him, you gain nothing, but commit
another sin only. Two sins do not cancel each other. Try to see good things in life.

Last edited:
Talking seriously, Atharva Vedam is known to only very few people. About four decades back, Mahaperiaval of Kanchi Kamakotipeetam came to know of a few genuine pundits of AtharvaVedam in Mehsana Dt of Gujarat and sent a few students from his mutt to this village to learn the Veda. They stayed there for more than an year and learnt the Atharva veda from them.I was in Baroda at that time and met those young Vidyarthies, but, unfortunately did not retain further contact with them. I do not know where they are now. Perhaps, an enquiry from Kanchi mutt may help to know their whereabouts and to know about the real content and import of this Veda.
Regards
Ramanathan

Atharva veda

Dear Dr.Ramanathan,
There are also some atharvana vedic pundits in Orissa and Saurashtra.
I did not want to give this piece of info since the purpose for which
this information is asked for is not correct. I know some in Tamilnadu
also. thanks sir.

Usha ji,

if Shri Ranganathanji's argument we take, is it not possible that in God's books this partner running away is the punishment for your friend - may be mistake in psat birth or this life?

Ranganathan ji and Ramanathan ji,

i just wrote in another thread here (http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/philosophy-traditions/5657-brahmin-birth.html#post66787) that these vedas, mantras and all that are of no practical use against science. it is like doing a costly homam and poojai, reciting mantra lakhs of times, etc., just to kill an ant! you can do it with your toe in a second!! first read atharvanam and find out for yourself - வரப்போற மனைவியெப்பத்தி ஒருத்தன் கற்ப்பனை செய்யற மாதிரி தெரியாத அதர்வணத்தைப்பத்தி வெறுமனெ கற்ப்பனை பண்ண வேண்டாமே!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back