• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Devi Lalthambigai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lalitha thripura sundari is the supreme goddess of all. her place is in manithveebam which is sorrounded by ocean of amirtha . she is the goddess which take all forms as such lalitha sahasranama says
" srishtigarthri brahmarupa gopthri govindha rupini
samharini ruthra rupa throdhaana garishwari
sadhasiva anugrahataha "

she is sitting on the cot in which the legs are brahma ,vishnu ,rudhra,maheswara and sitting place is sadhasiva.

like "rama vani sevithae" says that she is worshipped by lakshmi and saraswathi by her sides . so we got the blesssings from all the gods and goddess if we worship devi lalithaa....

Lalitha thripura sundari is the supreme goddess of all. her place is in manithveebam which is sorrounded by ocean of amirtha . she is the goddess which take all forms as such lalitha sahasranama says
" srishtigarthri brahmarupa gopthri govindha rupini
samharini ruthra rupa throdhaana garishwari
sadhasiva anugrahataha "

she is sitting on the cot in which the legs are brahma ,vishnu ,rudhra,maheswara and sitting place is sadhasiva.

like "rama vani sevithae" says that she is worshipped by lakshmi and saraswathi by her sides . so we got the blesssings from all the gods and goddess if we worship devi lalithaa....

Shri Saktipriyan,

May be I sound like the shepherd who, on seeing Kali with her thousand heads, started laughing and when the devi asked him why he was so uncontrollably laughing, replied that he was thinking about what a great problem it would be if she caught a cold!

In the same way, if Lalitha Tripura Sundari is seated (always, as seen from the images) on a cot the legs of which are brahma ,vishnu ,rudhra,maheswara and her sitting place (seat cushion, I think) is sadhasiva, do you think all these hapless devas will be in any mood to bless any of the devi's worshippers? At best they may not curse for fear of the Devi's supreme power, though inwardly they may detest the bhaktas of Lalitha Tripura Sundari. In other puranas the jealousy among the three Devis Sarasvati, Lakshmi and Parvathy (who is Lalitha also I think) has been described. So when we have Brahmanda Purana describing Lalita Tripurasundari, other Puranas say about the jealousy among them. If we have to believe what is said in one purana we have to necessarily believe what another purana says. Hence, Sarasvati and Lakshmi will be most uncomfortable to be in attendance to Lalita.

sir,
thankyou for ur reply sir . In my view gods and goddesses can't have any jealousy like things . they are gods if and only if they are apart from kama,krodha,moha,loba,madha,matsarya. likewise, all the goddesses (parvathi ,lakshmi,saraswathi) are the amsaas of supreme goddess aadhisakthi . "rama vani saevithae " means if she worship lalitha means we got all kalvi ,selvam ,veeram . the puranas describe things as such we can't understand original meaning and we will inturn gives the wrong meaning for such things. such will happen for some times . but originally in all durga sahasranamam ,lakshmi sahasranamam ,saraswathi sahasranamam all have the names for goddesses of others .so, all the goddess are same there's no thing of jealousy here .there is some other meaning here and it's not possible for us to understand such kind of things .
once again thankyou sir.

Sir:

This is more of arthavadham than anything else. In Vishnu sahasranamam,
we praise Lord Vishnu as supreme and in Siva sthuthi, We praise Lord Siva
and in Lalithopagyana, we praise Devi Lalithambigai. It does not mean others
are inferior. I will give you an example. At the end of each stothra, you have
palasthuthi which says that if you chant the sloka you will get health, wealth
and all the things you desire. Do you actually get them ? This is just an
inducement; that is all to it. The main purpose is concentration on the deity
in order to control your mind.

By the way have you ever seen a vigraha of Sri Lalitha with this description ?
The answer is a definite NO. I heard there is one at Thiru eengoi malai near
Trichy, but there is none there. But I know there is one panchaloka idol
with this description at Sringeri Mutt, Sringeri or Hyderabad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back