• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Margazhi-30 pasurams- 30 dish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Margazhi Thiruppavai ok. 30 stanzas 1 each for a day.

But, is there any customary dish prescribed for each day of margazhi?
(Please dont say pongal. Maa-Dhava will become bore of pongal if i offer the same for all the 30 days)

I searched for திருப்பாவை, but i am not able to find it.

Thiruppavai தமிழ் - English text with audio appended here to help us hear, read and learn. திருப்பாவை

May be helpful to all our srivaishnava members coming Margazhi season.

By the way, can anyone suggest a ling for Thiruvembavai (தமிழ் - English text alongwith audio)?
I found few but it lacs a thing or two. (like either the text is in English or Tamil, If both available audio may not be there etc.
I do not want meaning, but just a lyric with audio (to pronounce properly)

Thanks in advance

Viji

dear Mr. V.R.K,
There are many beautiful musical renderings of Thiruppavai.
The one by Smt. M.L.Vasantha kumari is very famous. Since you already have the book, get an audio C.D by M.L.V from which you can learn the correct pronunciation - while having a musical feast to add to your enjoyment.
with best wishes,
V.R.

Last edited:
....But, is there any customary dish prescribed for each day of margazhi?
(Please dont say pongal. Maa-Dhava will become bore of pongal if i offer the same for all the 30 days)
Dear Viji, Thiruppavai is not about different dish for different days. Those who wish to observe Thiruppavai during Margazi, must awaken sufficiently early to complete pradha sandhya, recite the 30 pasurams, and perform special Thiruppavai aradanam and offer pongal to perumal, yes, I do have to say pongal, before sun rise, and complete the Thiruppavai satrumurai.

A second Ijjai aradhanam must be performed after madhyanhikam.

The only exception for Pongal is karavaikal pin senRu, on which day, the thaLigai for perumal must be dadyoannam.

Take it easy is what I would say, if not, don't complain about pongal everyday....

Getting up in the early hours so as to have your bath, prayers and pooja done before sun rise. The neivedyam can be done after sun rise.
It is only in the month of Margazhi that you find the temples open before sun rise in Tamil Nadu. Many devoteesattend the morning abhishekam and Pooja in the temple,90% of them being ladies. As a group they recite Thiruppavai and Thiruvembavai along with other slokas and Pasurams and at the end of the pooja,everyone gets the prasadam-ven pongal,sakkarai pongal or Thayir Sadam in a donnai
arya

....The neivedyam can be done after sun rise.
I am not familiar with other sampradayams, but I know, bhojyasanam (thaligai/neivedyam) of the Thiruppavai aradanam must be completed before sunrise. Deparadanai and Satrumurai can occur after sunrise.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back