• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Puranam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namastheji,
Please explain me the 3 types of birth of Sri Mahavishnu's Guards Jaya & Vijaya as mentioned in our Puranas. Because, during one discussion we confirmed the above as follows:
1. Herenyaaksha & Heranaya Kashipu
2. Ravana & Kumbakarna
3. Kamsa & Sisubala or Sumbha & Nisumbha

but the 3rd i have mentioned is doubtful one.
Please give me the correct History of the same.

Namasthe,
s.chandrasekaran

Last edited:
Helo sir kindly see "www. astrojyoti.com" You can download each and every page of 21 puranas 18 maha puranas and 18 upa puranas at any tme.

திருமதி விஷாலாக்ஷி ரமணி அவர்களின் ஆதார விளக்கங்களுடன் கூடிய பதில் எனக்கு நமது புராணங்களில் இருந்த சந்தேகத்தை தெளிவுபடுத்திவிட்டது,

The first two are correct; but the last is Kamsa and Chanura, as stated in the sloka, "Krishna Vande Jagadguram"

...Kamsa Chanura mardhanam..."

But, these are Puranic stories. Per the Azhwars, the Lord bestowed His Blessing to all three sets of individuals such that would ascend to the Supreme Abode. This is His due to His Mercy and Concern for all souls, which makes our obsessions with paapam/punyam moot.

Dear Ragavanji,
Namasthe Ji. Kindly explain me about the Chanura Mardhanam. Who is Chanura, when, where, why and what for this mardhanam took place in Lord Krishna Avathaar? Please give me details.
Dhanyavaathaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back