• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bhagyadevata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri. sangom Sir,

Greetings. Thank you for the movie. I enjoyed it. Performance by the actors was good. Sathyan Anthikkad told an age old story without getting the audience very tired.

Disappointingly, There was nothing against dowry system. The drama was revolved around the difficulty of delivering it.

Benny wanted money. Not that he did not work hard; he wanted more and more of it. Nothing wrong with that though......until he accepted to get a 'Sundari and Suseela manavaati' with fistful of cash as dowry. When her father could not deliver it as promised, Benny ceased to be a person; he ceased to be a husband. Unfortunately, the girl didn't walk away from him but hung on....

Roshan's mother wanted 50 soverign gold, 10 lakhs cash and a car to carry all that because she did not want to be seen choosing a girl from 'struggling family'. Just for social status. Reversal of situation foor Benny was a bit childish. The situation for him to learn the lesson was not very strong. It almost justifies dowry system.

The hold and influence of the priest is something to be noted. Progressive thinking Benny's uncle charecter was not stressed enough; it fails to make the impact it should. Mamookoya's dialogue at one point was revelutionary- "ee rendum moonum naalum kettu onnum njaan nokkathillaa...enda mol karanjaal njaan arukkum" a dialogue something like that was really challenging; but, it was not savoured enough to take effect.

All in all, it was an entertaining movie. It did not impart much of education to the society. Anthikkad had not paid attention to that detail. Few social issues like Communist party's interference with individual rights and individual life; Inter-religious marriages; the stress faced by the parents/elders due to the issues connected to dowry system; power of religion in the community; vulnerable condition of female in our socity.....so many issuses addressed, but none of them was addressed to make an impact. Anthikkad could have done better.

Cheers!

Sri. sangom Sir,

Greetings. Thank you for the movie. I enjoyed it. Performance by the actors was good. Sathyan Anthikkad told an age old story without getting the audience very tired.

Disappointingly, There was nothing against dowry system. The drama was revolved around the difficulty of delivering it.

Benny wanted money. Not that he did not work hard; he wanted more and more of it. Nothing wrong with that though......until he accepted to get a 'Sundari and Suseela manavaati' with fistful of cash as dowry. When her father could not deliver it as promised, Benny ceased to be a person; he ceased to be a husband. Unfortunately, the girl didn't walk away from him but hung on....

Roshan's mother wanted 50 soverign gold, 10 lakhs cash and a car to carry all that because she did not want to be seen choosing a girl from 'struggling family'. Just for social status. Reversal of situation foor Benny was a bit childish. The situation for him to learn the lesson was not very strong. It almost justifies dowry system.

The hold and influence of the priest is something to be noted. Progressive thinking Benny's uncle charecter was not stressed enough; it fails to make the impact it should. Mamookoya's dialogue at one point was revelutionary- "ee rendum moonum naalum kettu onnum njaan nokkathillaa...enda mol karanjaal njaan arukkum" a dialogue something like that was really challenging; but, it was not savoured enough to take effect.

All in all, it was an entertaining movie. It did not impart much of education to the society. Anthikkad had not paid attention to that detail. Few social issues like Communist party's interference with individual rights and individual life; Inter-religious marriages; the stress faced by the parents/elders due to the issues connected to dowry system; power of religion in the community; vulnerable condition of female in our socity.....so many issuses addressed, but none of them was addressed to make an impact. Anthikkad could have done better.

Cheers!
Dear Shri Raghy,

I also felt more or less the same. I would have still given a better rating if, in the end, Benny's wife would have not followed him for their first night, but opted to stay alone.

Sri.Sangom sir said-

I also felt more or less the same. I would have still given a better rating if, in the end, Benny's wife would have not followed him for their first night, but opted to stay alone.

Greetings sir. Thanks for your feed back. (I could watch that movie only on Sunday night). When I read your feed back, that reminded a heroine in a different movie. I posting the reply here.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back