• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A doubt on workshipping of shiva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
My namaskarams to everyone.
I have a query in my mind. If it is childish pls forgive me. Recently i read a book on sri chakra. At last it says that its main deity is supreme mother lalithatripurasundari. Do we have anything similar to sri chakra in which the main deity is Lord Shiva. I also understand that in sri chakra shiva is also there. But the main point is at last we are doing the archana to this sri chakra with lalitha sahasranama. So i want to know is there is any other chakra especially for shiva. If anyone of you come across such texts pls provide the link also for that. It will be helpful to browse the texts.

Thanks in advance sir.

by,
c.r.b

Well I think you forgot the last name of lalitha sahasranama "Siva shaktaikya swaroopini Lalithambika" without siva shakti does not exist and without shakti no siva, they are basically the same, a potential energy and another a kinetic energy, its better if you could grasp this and stop searching for srichakra with siva, but still if you insist there are texts in saiva siddhanta which describe worshipping siva in the bindu available.

regards,
rakesh

Hi Rakesh,
Thanks for the info. It will be helpful if you can name the books in the saiva siddhanta which describe worshipping of shiva in the bindu form. The books name or its availability in internet etc.,

Thanks in advance

c.r.b

Hello all,
My namaskarams to everyone.
I have a query in my mind. If it is childish pls forgive me. Recently i read a book on sri chakra. At last it says that its main deity is supreme mother lalithatripurasundari. Do we have anything similar to sri chakra in which the main deity is Lord Shiva. I also understand that in sri chakra shiva is also there. But the main point is at last we are doing the archana to this sri chakra with lalitha sahasranama. So i want to know is there is any other chakra especially for shiva. If anyone of you come across such texts pls provide the link also for that. It will be helpful to browse the texts.

Thanks in advance sir.

by,
c.r.b
Shri crbsram,

I was waiting to see if some learned member answers your query.

Coming to your doubt proper, Saiva Agamas do not have a "chakra" worship for Siva. The Sri Chakra worship (including that of Lalita or Rajarajeswari) is the core of Saktam (Sakti worship). All these forms of worship were mostly male-oriented. Kundalini which is a sublimated form of the male sexual energy primarily, applies to males and hence the Sri Chakra came to be a favourite mode of worship. The "bindu" is also considered as a triangle or trikona and this also represents the female (Sakti) aspect only.

The "linga" worship may be considered the Saiva counterpart of the Sri Chakra of Saaktam. There were very rare cases of sanyasis (?) who used to indulge in some form of worship of (their own) sexual organ and ending it in the company of a chosen female just on the lines of Saaktam. However, I don't think any scriptural text of Saiva Agama refers to such a practice. But public opposition to such practice has probably driven this underground, just as has probably happened to the "panca makara" rite of the Saaktas.

In short I don't think there is any counterpart for Sri Cakra (or any Cakra) worship in Saivam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back