• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Question about Shiva shasranama text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I have a query. Vishnu shasranama was given to us by bhisma and its bhasyam was done by adi sankara as well. And Lalita Shasranama was given hyagriva (correct me if i am wrong) and its bhasyam was done by baskaraya. Who gave this shiva shasranama and is there is any one who has done the bhasyam for that. Thanks in advance. by c.r.b

Sivasahasranama is in 18 th chapter of anusasana parvam of mahabharata. This starts in the 14th chapter of Dhanadharma parva of anusasana parva. The Rishi for this sahasranama is upamanu. To the best of my knowledge no one has done bhashyam for this. Sri Anna Subramaniaiyer has written bhashyam in tamil and published by sri Ramakrishna mutt Chennai.

When Bhishmacharya was waiting for Utharayana expecting his end Arjuna wanted Bhishmacharya as there is Vishnusahasranama is there Sivasahasra nama?Bishmacharya told that Bagavan Sri krishna is the right person to answer. Thus Sivasahasranama was first created by Sri Krishna himself .There seems to be no Bashyam to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back