• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

religious rites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am vmmrs In these days of fast developing western culture ( more for avoiding many of our religious obligations) cross marriages, limited single families and the wards living in foreign countries the present day elders may not be able to have a hope that their wards may perform the annual rites after the death of the parents. My soul stirring question is whether it is possible to have " ATHMA PINDAM" when you are alive and how it is performed and where it has to be performed. Our vadhyar in Kasi told that this is not possible anywhere. Can elite enlightened may guide me on this.

To: VMMRS sir; first a soul once left the body it will take a new birth or No birth according to the past Karmas. Any rites and rituals is not going to affect the soul. For your information at Kasi you can perform "Athma Pindam" and the Vadhyars at Kasi will help you,or you can cantact the Sankra Madam at Kashi for this. s.r.k.

Hi I am vmmrs In these days of fast developing western culture ( more for avoiding many of our religious obligations) cross marriages, limited single families and the wards living in foreign countries the present day elders may not be able to have a hope that their wards may perform the annual rites after the death of the parents. My soul stirring question is whether it is possible to have " ATHMA PINDAM" when you are alive and how it is performed and where it has to be performed. Our vadhyar in Kasi told that this is not possible anywhere. Can elite enlightened may guide me on this.
Pl. read the undernoted post. I have also known (and my father performed) Atma Pindam in Gaya; it seems it is part of Gaya Sraddha.

http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/ritual...-performing-shraddham-yourself.html#post11447

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back