• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hindu Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear NN,

I read and reread the article. But it is a bit difficult for me to understand. I give beloww some extracts from that article and feel that the author has just written for the sake of it.

"...But I am sure that Hinduism, the complex group of belief systems that the word represents, will have a profound impact on the world in the coming years. Of the six philosophical systems in Sanatana Dharma -- outlined by Heinrich Zimmer as the Six Systems or Darsanas (Kapila's Sankhya, Patanjali's Yoga, Jaimini's Mimamsa, Kanada's Vaisesika, Gautama's Nyaya, and Vyasa's Vedanta) -- the Mimamsakas held that the world remains essentially the same all through the years; history repeats itself....Hindus are inspired by an inward pioneering spirit, Americans by an outward one, and Hindu Americans like me are both a synthesis of and a balance between these opposing pulls. Hinduism's future lies in listening to these contrasting voices -- within and without, while living in the moment.....As Hindus in America build their houses of worship and find meaning in seva (selfless service), they will look to their faith to help revitalize the pluralism established by the U.S. Constitution for the republic in which we live. They will also look beyond their shores to advocate for those in need, continuing to inspire people to understand that there is more than one way to the mountaintop. In order to do all of this, Hindus must turn to the fundamentals of Hinduism found in the Bhagavad Gita, the Ramayana, and other works of faith to help create peace in the world and their own lives."

Dear NN,

I read and reread the article. But it is a bit difficult for me to understand. I give beloww some extracts from that article and feel that the author has just written for the sake of it.

"...But I am sure that Hinduism, the complex group of belief systems that the word represents, will have a profound impact on the world in the coming years. Of the six philosophical systems in Sanatana Dharma -- outlined by Heinrich Zimmer as the Six Systems or Darsanas (Kapila's Sankhya, Patanjali's Yoga, Jaimini's Mimamsa, Kanada's Vaisesika, Gautama's Nyaya, and Vyasa's Vedanta) -- the Mimamsakas held that the world remains essentially the same all through the years; history repeats itself....Hindus are inspired by an inward pioneering spirit, Americans by an outward one, and Hindu Americans like me are both a synthesis of and a balance between these opposing pulls. Hinduism's future lies in listening to these contrasting voices -- within and without, while living in the moment.....As Hindus in America build their houses of worship and find meaning in seva (selfless service), they will look to their faith to help revitalize the pluralism established by the U.S. Constitution for the republic in which we live. They will also look beyond their shores to advocate for those in need, continuing to inspire people to understand that there is more than one way to the mountaintop. In order to do all of this, Hindus must turn to the fundamentals of Hinduism found in the Bhagavad Gita, the Ramayana, and other works of faith to help create peace in the world and their own lives."

sangom,

the author tries to extol the virtues of hindu-americans.its true hindu-americans do depend upon hindu-indians as some sort of guiding light initially.once the temples are in place,hindu-americans,adapt a system which is locally acceptable,without giving much weigtage to certain sampradayas.it is only a matter of time,hindu-americans will have women priests officiating in temples in usa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back