• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Velan Varuvaradi, Vadi Velan.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
namaskarams(.) this is a query regarding who composed the lyric 'Velan Varuvaradi....', popularly rendered by Smt DKP in good old days in raagamalikai: there is some doubt as to whether it is Desika Vinayakam Pillai, or, Adisesha Iyer. regards, rj.

Sri.Rajuvish,

Greetings. The song in question was composed by Sri.Desika Vinayakam Pillai.

MusicIndiaOnline - DK Pattammal Vocal - Pattammal DK - Free Indian Music, Listen to Free Bollywood, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Carnatic, Hindustani, Devotional Music

Try track number 5, please!

Cheers!

namashkaar: i am so very happy that you replied promptly -- one of the greatest delights in life is to receive attention so promptly, and get an answer from a friend, like now, in this case. i very much appreciate that, and thank you sincerely: i may go on to say that the 78 rpm 'gramaphone record' we had at home in my school days, perhaps did not indicate the name of composer (or, did it?): sincerely, rj.

Sri.Rajuvish,

The track number 5 mentioned in post #2 has half the song...the rest of the song can be enjoyed from the same link, track number 11. Great song! Thank you very much for providing the opportunity to listen to this song. Thank you!

Cheers!

thank you once again for the quick come-back! yes, i listened to the song, marvelling once again at the great blend of music&lyric, the selection of raagams matching the essence, and, above all the rendering of DKP: again, i thought of the 78 rpm record, on which the 'reverse' side starts with saaveri ('thenum thinai maavundu ...'), deftly breaking away from the bilahari ('pandaramai sivanai...'), last of the other side, the way track #5 and 11 carry the song in two parts, similar to four other songs on that 'musicindiaonline' collection ('eppadi padinaro', 'yaro ivar yaro' etc.,) -- and, how DKP so easily shares with us the 'aanandam' in her Mohanam (charming) rendering of the last line, 'nambiyavar thuthikka, naradar aanandikka....', in a certain setting of Lord Muruga to give us delight, joy, and......Cheers! -- rj.

Last edited:
One other query, music related: can someone tell me please what raagam is the PriyaSisters rendering "Aarumugam" in the album "Gaanam" in 'raaga.com' site: resembles 'sindhubhairavi', but it may be some other raagam? -- thank you for clearing my doubt: Cheers, rj (vasanthabhairavi??)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back