• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

sloka for long life of parents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there some really good mantra for the long life of PARENTS?
(I mean specifically PARENTS). I understand that Mahamrityunjaya Mantra helps the person who recites it. But what if one wants to recite this for someone else. My parents and I stay in different countries and I want to be able to do this from here for them. Please respond.

kol,

while the slokas will definitely be an add on care, i think, with retirement comes a stage of monetary dependence on the primary son.

parents need money not only for their self esteem, but also for any medical or social expenses as they deem fit. with the money spend on daughter weddings, i have found, that little is left for retirement.

hence dependency on the primary son (which is basically the daughter in law). here according to circumstances treatment of the parents vary. priority of expenses goes to grand children, their activities and studies. so not much is left in the pot for the grandparents who are among the last in the que.

kol, hopefully, your parents are in a good position money and socialwise and this additional prayers that you seek is but an icing on the cake.

best wishes.

Can somebody with some experience please answer this question of mine. The previous response did not in anyway answer this question but only invested it with a flavor of it being a superfluous exercise and being merely done to be 'some icing on the cake'.

Can somebody with some experience please answer this question of mine. The previous response did not in anyway answer this question but only invested it with a flavor of it being a superfluous exercise and being merely done to be 'some icing on the cake'.

i am sorry if i irritated or upset you in any way kol. nothing could be farther in my intentions.

though my parents have long ceased to be, i too am curious as to find out this sloka. i have some thoughts on this subject from so many different aspects, that i am overwhelmed at this point.

hopefully things will sort out in my mind, and can pen them here for feedback.

meanwhile, best wishes for a speedy resolution to your query.

Is there some really good mantra for the long life of PARENTS?
(I mean specifically PARENTS). I understand that Mahamrityunjaya Mantra helps the person who recites it. But what if one wants to recite this for someone else. My parents and I stay in different countries and I want to be able to do this from here for them. Please respond.

kol23,

mathru devo bahava
pithru devo bhava
athithi devo bhava
guru devo bhava
deva devo bhava

gurur brahma gurur vishnu gurur devo maheswaraha gurur saakshaat parabrahma tasmai shree guruvay namaha.

chanting ,it, has helped me from the age of 8 for me and my parents,even though today they are pithrus in astral sense,and prolly taken a body born gain.when born again,when we as individualls do pithru tarpanam,while living in whatever form that they have assumed,will be in peace and harmony.wish you well.

i personally add pathni devo bhava and putran putri devo bhava too,but then i am no bonafide acharya,so use with discretion.

Kol23,
give your parents good peace of mind.
Give proper medical attention.
Give them required money for there needs or spending.
Let them not ask money to you.
Do not question them on there spendings
if possible keep some fd in there name.
Spend some time always with them .
Give some light responsibilities .
Give them due respect. And be affectionate with them.

If i get any manthra like that i will let you know later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back