• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmin Yummy Chocolate Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.

iyyerram

Hey i gonna give the recipe for Brahmin cake ie, eggless cake...hmmm..

You need

Curd - 1 cup
Rava/semolina- 1/4 cup (50 gm)
Cooking soda- 1/2 tspn
Butter - 1/2 cup (100 gm)
Powdered sugar - 1 2/3 cup (200 gm)
Mava - 50 gm [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](khoya)[/FONT](I didnot use it)
Maida - 1 2/3 cup (200 gm)
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Cocoa powder - 3 tablespoon
Milk - 1 cup

Method

Mix 1 cup curd with rava and cooking soda. Keep aside for 10 minutes. Beat butter and powdered sugar. Add soaked curd-rava mixture. Mix well. In a bowl, sift maida, baking powder and cocoa powder until well combined. Add the flour mix to wet mixture. Add 1 cup of milk. Mix gently. Take care not to overmix.

Pour the prepared batter into a greased and dusted tim. Bake at 180 C for 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Fudge Icing

Butter - 1/2 cup
Icing sugar - 1 cup
Cocoa powder - 3 tblspn
Milk - few drops

Mix all the ingredients till light and fluffy. Add few drops of milk to get a spreadable consistency. Spread it on the cake.

Yummy !!!!! Njoy

AND WAT IF sridhar ji THEY DON'T HAVE A KITCHEN HOWWWWWWWZHHHHHHHHHH
LIKE for eg if ppl live away frm home in rented 1 room house who have no way but to eat outside. point isnt it. ;-)

Ramnujam Ji...Its better if the recipes are more general. It reaches more audience if its more general and so more useful. If somebody dont have kitchen, and somebody dont have even house staying in mansions means they take food outside. Then why you bother about them? Recipies are intended for people who make their own food.Got the Point huh............?

i know it. just kidding. it was intended in a humourous way. pulling ur leg.
anyways thanks for ur sincere reply.

Its ramanujan not jam. take care frnd. Cook Well and eat well.

i know yaar. come on dont apologise for small things. be cool.
one more thing u asked that if we don't have the Owen how to prepare chocolate cake. Well frankly we also don't have one.
amma prepares pizza on illupchiti by putting it in it and closing it with small patram.
i don't think we can make burgers, pizzas, cakes,sandwiches that well without owen.

dont call me sir pls. call me ram or just frnd. im in my early twenties only like u(i guess)

nandrigal.

Last edited:
folks,

in these days, i know brahmins and almost a lot of them at that, who eat eggs.

again, there are those that do not, but then i know non brahmins who also do not eat eggs.

maybe, it is time, we changed the terminologies in our mindsets - eggless cake as opposed to 'brahmin cake'. i should hasten to explain, that it is not a matter of political correctness, that i am targetting, but more an approach, to think beyond caste and come up with generic terms ie caste neutral, gender neutral. etc.

for example: no longer we say air hostess or steward: it is flight attendant, no more actor or actress - just actor. then we always had doctor, teacher, professor... let us go along the latter path.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back