• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

linga abhishekam along with ambal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your thinking is like this:Linga portion is shiva and the plate like portion below that is ambal and you are doing to the both at the same time. If your thinking is like this:The whole part is shiva and you have to do abishekam to ambal also;If i invite only my uncle for a function my aunt will say I will not come he has not invited me;I have to invite both of them. in the same manner you have to do abishekam for both. If there is no shakthi sivam cannot do anything. sivanenu kidakkum. Depends on the level of your mind.

If your thinking is like this:Linga portion is shiva and the plate like portion below that is ambal and you are doing to the both at the same time. If your thinking is like this:The whole part is shiva and you have to do abishekam to ambal also;If i invite only my uncle for a function my aunt will say I will not come he has not invited me;I have to invite both of them. in the same manner you have to do abishekam for both. If there is no shakthi sivam cannot do anything. sivanenu kidakkum. Depends on the level of your mind.

Dear all,
after reading about the Lingaabhishekam done by Kannappa Nayanar..I feel there is no right way or wrong way for a Lingaabhishekam..its devotion that counts..

The word Lingam...made up of the words Leeyate Gamyate..
Leeyate--dissolute(merge) and Gamyate---to go..that means that which the
This Jagat attains Laya..

The oval portion of the Linga represents the goal of life.
The three Peethas represent the 3 gunas inherent in Prakriti..

Lingam-- Is a symbol of creation,the result of activity of the 3 gunas and of Brahman which permeates and gives it meaning and value.
Lingam is a symbolic representation of the formless through a form...and dont limit it to a Shaivite symbol..its Universal...

Last edited:
The Lingam is the form of shiva. The avudai or Peeta is Vishnu and The padma thala or the lotus part below as base is brahma. I think nowhere shakthi is depicted here. Anyhow shakthi and shiva are inseperable (like the flower and nectar, like the lamp and its hotness). It is very well one can do abhsikeam and aradhana to shakthi without shiva (As the form is filled with vatsalya and karuna). Whereas doing the vice-versa I think is not acceptable.

The aunty might not think that you have not invited and she will be ready to come for the function. Whereas will the uncle allow it? He will says that you have not been invited. Why unnecessary you also comes there and waste your time and energy... Also will it be right to invite only one when both are there in the house??? So Gopalan sir is right.

At the sametime, you can perform poojas to shakti alone thinking her as your child, treating her in the same way. So there is no need of shiva there. Anyhow worshipping both of them together will be the good thing.

Pranams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back