• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Which Grihya sutra i need to follow- Please advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your pravaras? According "vishalamani karmakanda," if you are of Vasishta gotra and of the maadhyandini shaakha (shukla yajurveda) you can follow paaraskara sutra and if you are of the taittariya shaakha (krishna yajurveda) you can follow aashvaalaya sutra.

If you don't know this information already, it means that your parents and ancestors haven't been following this very closely. I would just follow what is most convenient to you.

What are your pravaras? According "vishalamani karmakanda," if you are of Vasishta gotra and of the maadhyandini shaakha (shukla yajurveda) you can follow paaraskara sutra and if you are of the taittariya shaakha (krishna yajurveda) you can follow aashvaalaya sutra.

If you don't know this information already, it means that your parents and ancestors haven't been following this very closely. I would just follow what is most convenient to you.

Thanks for the reply .

Pravara is Vasista ,matirhavaruna ,Koundiunya ..

can you please throw me some more light in this regard....

I don't have more information on this. Vishaalmani karmakaanda only mentions three different clans: (aatreya,aarchanaavasa, shyaavaashya; bharadhvaaja, sendra, prabha and vasishta, naipunya, devagni). I am sorry.

Dear junior member. All rishis had written "GRIHYASUTRAS"Most popular are Apasthamba grihyasuthra and Hirnyakesi Sathyashada grihyasuthra Since you follow Apasthmba suthra you have toadopt the rituals as per your RISHI Apasthambar only.Why do you confuse yourself.AQs per dharma sasthras if you deviate from the path of your own Rishi you have to redo the entire KARMA as directed by your Rishi' in this case Apasthamba..

Sir you are in chennai, you please contact the ganapadigal of vaideeka sri publisher from new no 488 t,t,k,road alwarpet chennai -18,phone no 24361210,He can explain in detail and clear all your doubts,

I belongs to Krishna yajurveda , aapastamba sutra ..

My gothra is Vasista gothra.

I am confused on following the grihya sutra since aapsathamba smrithi and vasista smrithi both are available.

Please advice which smrithi i had to follow.
When you say that you are a krishna yajurvedi, aapasthamba sutra, it should naturally follow that you observe the rules given in aapasthamba sutra. For example, if you recite your "abhivaadaye", you will come to "...pravaraanvita vasishta gotra, aapasthamba sutra, yajussaakhaadhyaayee....sarmaa naamaaham asmibhOH". If you can recite the abhivaadaye without doubt, the sutra is there. Gotra and sutra need not be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back