• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Well of Sheshna at Banares

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following information i read on the internet about foreigners visiting the alleged Well of Seshna at Banares, Varnasi. But i suppose being outsiders they have given obvious misinterpretations. "Seshna" stands for Ananta Sesha, who incarnated as Lakshmana as brother of Lord Rama, the Avatar of Lord Vishnu. Lord Visnu rests on this coiled Sesha Naga. Could someone explain the true myths and historical details of this well of Sesha Naga? Reports allegedly say that this well opens a door, that leads a portal into the Nagaloka and Patala Loka dimensions.

Varanasi - Well of Sheshna and Sarnath, Home of the Buddha

This entry was posted on 3/12/2008 12:43 AM and is filed under India.
One of our favorite experiences was finding the Well of Patanjali in Sheshna. Three years ago when Mark and a group of devotees last visited Varanasi, they were taken to another well and told that it was Patanjali's. Mark knew it wasn't THE ONE because he couldn't sense the Nagas there.

This trip we tried again to find it. Finding the Well of Sheshna is a very well kept secret in Varanasi and one of our dear Polish friends, Yogananda, did extensive research as to where we could find it. One of our drivers called him on his cell phone and Yogananda guided him and the rest of us to this very incredible spot. They have even built a gym on top of it to further disguise it, but having discovered it, there was no doubt that this was the real place where Patanjali wrote the Yoga Sutras at the very bottom of the well.

Imagine a gym built right on top of the well. Look down the steps and what do you see?...

art12.jpg

Here's what the well looked like...

well_02.jpg

Some of us enjoyed going down to the water's edge or walking the stairs...

It is said that 30 feet down at the bottom, is a door that leads to another world, the world of the Naga, the reptile-like semi-divine beings who live below the earth. "The book "VENOMOUS REPTILES" states that "Sheshna's well", an alleged opening into the underground reptilian realm of "Patala", may be seen today in Benares, (Varnasi) India, and according to Minton, it's author: "It has forty steps leading down into a circular depression to a stone door covered with cobras. This is said to lead to PATALA, the reptile netherworld". Every three years, they empty the water and have a very incredible celebration. Next emptying is June, 2009. If you'd like to read more about the Naga, here are a couple interesting links: Nagas-wikipedia and Khandro-Tibetan Buddhism.

Pod Blog

Last edited:
This sounds interesting! Have there been any attempts to go through that door? Am just wondering...

Regards,

This sounds interesting! Have there been any attempts to go through that door? Am just wondering...

Regards,

Here is one myth of a king entering through one such gates (i am not sure if it is this one)

Traditional entrance to the underworld of Patalas, which is divided into 7 realms: Rasatala, Mahatala, Alala, Sutala, Vitala, Talatala, & Patala. Some legends say that it is the abode of reptilian humanoids, although human "appearing" beings have also traditionally been encountered within Patalas. King Bhunandana allegedly entered this domain of "forbidden pleasures" via a portal in the peak of Pradyumna [or Hill of Sarika]. The underground journey to Patalas took 5 days and nights. Upon arriving, the king and his knights encountered an underground plain with trees from which hung human corpses, and also large vats of liquid in which human flesh and blood was mixed. A "woman" appeared and offered the king a cup of the "vile" liquid, stating that unless he drank it he would not prosper. He took the cup and threw its substance in disgust at the feet of the so-called "goddess", who in anger told him to take his men and leave that realm, and King Bhunandana obliged. The capital city of Patalas [also known among Hindus as Nagaloka or Snakeworld] is Bhoga-vita. source: SOMADEVA'S KATHA SARIT SAGARA [or OCEAN OF STREAMS OF STORY], Vol. 6

http://www.fortunecity.com/roswell/prediction/51/text-files/redbook/redbookfj.html

A more detailed interpretation is given here:

THE UNHOLY NETHERWORLD OF PATALAS

This book, SOMADEVA'S KATHA SARIT SAGARA [or OCEAN OF STREAMS OF STORY], Vol. 6 could be downloaded here:

The ocean of story, being C.H. Tawney's translation of Somadeva's Katha sarit sagara (or Ocean of streams of story) : Somadeva Bhatta, 11th cent : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

But i perceive those who have written the books and gave information are mostly foreigners and they do not know about this correctly. I suppose the underground dimensions of the Nagas contains priceless diamonds, rubies, etc. This is under the control of Lord Shiva and anyone with intense devotion towards Lord Shiva could enter this portal. But a person devoid of devotion towards the Gods could never make it out if he goes in.

Patala is the dimension of hell where wicked souls committing grave sins are punished.

Last edited:
Yes, but are there nobody willing to venture into the truth of the claim, in the current times??

...This is under the control of Lord Shiva and anyone with intense devotion towards Lord Shiva could enter this portal. But a person devoid of devotion towards the Gods could never make it out if he goes in.
I dont understand this... apparently there is an opening in the bottom of the tank which, allegedly, further leads to a stone door... If it is a door it CAN be opened, unless it opens by magic (which is yet to be seen)!

You seem to say that getting out is the problem. I wonder...

The stone door can be opened without any mantras i suppose. But i am not very sure of the reason why nobody wants to go inside or open the stone door. Also from the information, they empty the water from the well and have an incredible celebration every three years.

I guess the possible reason NOBODY would be willing to open or go inside, is because it is the world/dimension of the Nagas which are extemely poisonous. Ravana, is said to have gone and won over the Naga loka and Patala Loka. A person without proper devotion towards Lord Shiva or any of the Gods could be easily poisoned by the snakes and he would not be able to return again.

I also have another theory that ancient kings could go inside the portal with their subjects and bring all the priceless vairam, vaidoorium, ratnam, navaratnam, etc. One more person who learnt the Vedas also confirmed me personally that this dimension or world contains these stones from the Nagas. If this turns out to be true, i suppose we could make India the richest country in the world, if we do it the right way by getting ideas from many people who learnt the Vedas.

patala lokam gives us today 'oil' ,so it's possible that a pipeline can be constructed, to parallely tap oil from the neighbors wells like in Iraq,Afghanistan,Iran,Jordan,Saudi Arabia...to name a few countries,without firing a single bullet or killing anybody in the bargain.maybe lord vishnu is lying on an oil bed with shesha naga and maha lakshmi thayar.

patala lokam gives us today 'oil' ,so it's possible that a pipeline can be constructed, to parallely tap oil from the neighbors wells like in Iraq,Afghanistan,Iran,Jordan,Saudi Arabia...to name a few countries,without firing a single bullet or killing anybody in the bargain.maybe lord vishnu is lying on an oil bed with shesha naga and maha lakshmi thayar.

Lord Vishnu's abode is Vaikuntha. In his eternal form, he rests on coiled Sesha Naga on the ocean of eternity.

Lord Shiva, along with Godess Shakti resides in Kailasa.

These are other dimensional planes or worlds which we could not see from the Earth dimension.

BTW, dont be always bent on debunking the Vedic wisdom. A fish in a pond only knows what is sees, but it never knows the rest of the world beyond it. (If some God man takes shower in the pond in the early morning, may be he would try to teach the fish his knowledge. The fish will eat/learn everything from the Godman during his shower). People without Vedic knowledge are similar to this fish. But little the fish knows that regardless of what it knows, the Universe does not cease to exist.

Last edited:
Lord Vishnu's abode is Vaikuntha. In his eternal form, he rests on coiled Sesha Naga on the ocean of eternity.

Lord Shiva, along with Godess Shakti resides in Kailasa.

These are other dimensional planes or worlds which we could not see from the Earth dimension.

what is the longitude and latitude,it might help in space research program,if you think,that shiva vishnu brahmaa do not reside in patala lokam too.

BTW, dont be always bent on debunking the Vedic wisdom. A fish in a pond only knows what is sees, but it never knows the rest of the world beyond it. (If some God man takes shower in the pond in the early morning, may be he would try to teach the fish his knowledge. The fish will eat/learn everything from the Godman during his shower). People without Vedic knowledge are similar to this fish. But little the fish knows that regardless of what it knows, the Universe does not cease to exist.

i wonder how i gave you such confirmed opinions about me.are you the know it all.?what info you provide,is the same source for me too.unless i have some extra sensory perception and out of body traveling experiance,hmm.

what is the longitude and latitude,it might help in space research program,if you think,that shiva vishnu brahmaa do not reside in patala lokam too.

i wonder how i gave you such confirmed opinions about me.are you the know it all.?what info you provide,is the same source for me too.unless i have some extra sensory perception and out of body traveling experiance,hmm.

I cannot answer the first question. It is beyond my understanding of the universe and i feel it is worthless to research into such a question which yields no fruitition to my soul.

However, i never mentioned your name anywhere in my post and i am just wondering why you are accepting that it was you? I made a general statement about people without Vedic knowledge. Are you someone without Vedic knowledge? So what do you follow? Sai Baba's teachings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back