• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Gotra en Sandhyavandana

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are different versions for Sandhyavandana for different vedas/shakhas. My family gotra is Shandilya, but I have learned to do Sandhyavandana from books and DVDs and therefore I learned the yajurveda south Indian way of doing Sandhyavanda. I am born in the Netherlands, my parents are from north Indian descent and I did upanayanam when I was 8 years old.

I have read that the Shakha of the Sandilya gotra is the kauthuma of the Sama Veda. Is it really important for someone in Shandilya gotra to do Sama Veda Sandhyavandana? I would think doing south Indian style yajurvedic sandhya would be better for me, because I have the books, DVDs and CDs available to learn to do it correctly.

Another question, in the yajurveda sandhya you say "apastambha sutra yajusshakha adhyayi" Apastambha sutra is mentioned because that's the procedure that's followed for the rituals. I am not sure if I should say yajusshakhadhyayi, because I have not formally learned the yajurveda in a gurukula and it's not the veda that belongs to my gotra. The taittariya shakha is my favorite part from the vedas though, because of the Sri Rudram and the Upanishads in the Aranyaka.

Can I say kashyapa asita devala trarsheya pravaraanvit shandilya gotra ..... sharmanamaham...

and then apastambha sutra yajusshakhadhyayi? This seems inconsistent.

I am hoping that all this doesn't matter that much, but it never hurts to ask.

Sahasranama,
There are different versions for Sandhyavandana for different vedas/shakhas. My family gotra is Shandilya, but I have learned to do Sandhyavandana from books and DVDs and therefore I learned the yajurveda south Indian way of doing Sandhyavanda. I am born in the Netherlands, my parents are from north Indian descent and I did upanayanam when I was 8 years old.

as sanathana dharma practioner,you can make adaptations too,though shastras and sampradayas are very clear,as to what you shud follow,from a particular tribe.

I have read that the Shakha of the Sandilya gotra is the kauthuma of the Sama Veda. Is it really important for someone in Shandilya gotra to do Sama Veda Sandhyavandana? I would think doing south Indian style yajurvedic sandhya would be better for me, because I have the books, DVDs and CDs available to learn to do it correctly.

ultimately,its athma thripthi which is required,become a revolutionary and do yajur veda style..

Another question, in the yajurveda sandhya you say "apastambha sutra yajusshakha adhyayi" Apastambha sutra is mentioned because that's the procedure that's followed for the rituals. I am not sure if I should say yajusshakhadhyayi, because I have not formally learned the yajurveda in a gurukula and it's not the veda that belongs to my gotra. The taittariya shakha is my favorite part from the vedas though, because of the Sri Rudram and the Upanishads in the Aranyaka.

even though my rituals are bare minimal,i still chant it,as this is my pithrus injunction to say it

Can I say kashyapa asita devala trarsheya pravaraanvit shandilya gotra ..... sharmanamaham...

and then apastambha sutra yajusshakhadhyayi? This seems inconsistent.

I am hoping that all this doesn't matter that much, but it never hurts to ask.

if there was,a crossover,i don't think our rishi's will mind,rather bless you,that staying/born in netherlands (trisanku kshetram) allows ambiguity,is what i opine..plz check with pundit's as i am not a pundit in the strictest sense of the word..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back