• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tirumala visit -request advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello sir,
My sister has planned to conduct Upanayanam function for her son on May at Tirumala Tirupathi (in a separate mandapam in Tirumala).
Kindly advise whether i & my brothers can visit tirumala and participate in this function as its just 100 days after My paternal aunt (periamma) expired. Tirupathi Sri Balaji is our family deity.

request your suggestions/advise.

Thanks and regards
Ramesh

re

Hello sir,
My sister has planned to conduct Upanayanam function for her son on May at Tirumala Tirupathi (in a separate mandapam in Tirumala).
Kindly advise whether i & my brothers can visit tirumala and participate in this function as its just 100 days after My paternal aunt (periamma) expired. Tirupathi Sri Balaji is our family deity.

request your suggestions/advise.

Thanks and regards
Ramesh

ramesh,

as per shastra you can go,but dunno your sampradaya.if you have kulam guru,better to clarify with them when doubts like this arise.

nachi naga

Since you are not the kartha of their kriyas, I think you may visit the temple. But performing abhisekha or archana is prohibited. Anyhow as Naga ji said consult your Guru. His words are the final...

pranams

Same case happened with me. We consulted our AAthu Sastrigal. According to him, one should not visit temples on hills, should not visit temple with thuvajasthambam and also no archanai and abhishekam for any diety for one full year (till varushapthikam). This is as per sastras. You can also consult your sastrikal

In situation like this at times we really get multiple views. When we are staying in different places each Sastrigal express different opinions.

Really it will be wonderful if as community as a whole we define the procedures to be followed and publish the same as separate article in our site.

Request the views from many more members.

Namaskaram

one should not visit temples on hills, should not visit temple with thuvajasthambam and also no archanai and abhishekam for any diety for one full year (till varushapthikam). This is as per sastras. You can also consult your sastrikal
Hi
I go with Mr.ragavan Ji..... The same happen on last year for me. most of them said You can go , Because my father is taking those issue[he only did Kuli Tharpannam] Better we can avoid Prarthannaigal like angaprathakshanam,Abishagam,Shaving head etc.
As per my knowlege. Better u can ask your Guru(Athu Sasthrigal), if he accepted surely you can go.

Thangal Vithayan
V.V.Visranth

Dear Rameshmanian,

As this is the month of May 2010 I am eager tro know what you have decided. Are your visiting Tirumala or not?

I am also somewhat in a same situation and hence keen to know how the matter is concluded

In situation like this at times we really get multiple views. When we are staying in different places each Sastrigal express different opinions.

Really it will be wonderful if as community as a whole we define the procedures to be followed and publish the same as separate article in our site.

Request the views from many more members.

Dear Venkat ji,

Your thinking is nice. But why this difference is due to the diffence found in the Grihya sutras. Since some families follows some grihya sutra , the diffence should be always there .. .

Arun M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back