• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Slokas for marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Venkatt ji,

I would like to suggest you one wonderful and graceful Paryanam that is considered to be the best for marriage with the right partner.

Sundara Kandam Parayanam -

Generally Sundara Kandam Parayanam gives positive results for many aspects of life and general prosperity.

In many homes, Sundara Kandam Prarayanam is performed for marriage of their son/daughter without delay and with the ideal/good partner as well.

This Parayanam is considered to be very auspicious and is done with complete surrender and devotion to Lord Ramar and Sri Hanuman.

There are many chapters of the kandam, that can be completed with in a week time starting on Friday.

Keeping Lord Ramar Pattabhishekam photo and a separate Sri Hanuman photo (in a standing position) together, parayanam can be performed.

At the end of the day, that is on Friday, after completing the parayanam and Harathi, it is considered auspicious to invite a couple and feed them with Kalyaana Saapadu and to conclude offer them with a set of Thengai/Veththalai Paakku/Pushpam/Pazham etc..etc..

If could not invite a couple than 2 Vaathiyaars/Gurukkals can be invited for the sumptuous lunch and offered with Veshti, Angastram and thaambulam set with some money.

The parayanam can be continued for any number of weeks as one require/feel.

There is a specific famous book available in specific store in West Mamblam. My MOM performed this couple of months before...I shall check with her about this book and would let you know at the earliest.

Perhaps, please find below the link to get to know about Sundara Kandam Parayanam in detail...

How To Perform Sundara Kandam Parayanam | How To Do Things.com

Last edited:
Dear Venkat

Arghala sthothram is a very powerful slokam especially for marriage. It chants for getting a beautiful wife, with good qualities, filled with bhakthi. The end bhalashruthi for this means
Oh Goddess, grant me a spouse who will lead the family across the terrible ocean of life and death.​

It also prays for beautiful looks, victory, welfare, and request devi to destroy all the obstacles.

http://babachants.com/argalastotram.html

This sloka is a part of "DEVI MAHATMYA @ SAPTHA SADHI". It is easy to memorise also as the second part of each sloka has same line.

Pranams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back