• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Are you a famous athimber

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunkan

are you an athimber,
then you must be in a lot of trouble taking care of your machini, would be glad to hear from all you there about interesting facts which you are caught in day to day. machini always have a soft heart for athimbers and they go to great length to please him,athimber loves this kind of stuff which can set your wife to look at you...:help:hahaha hope to see some lines here..sunkan

i happen to know 2 athimbers, who made passes at their macchinis. i think we should watch out for this relationship very carefully.

for the macchini, this is the first grown up or external man, whom she can behave openly, without parental censorship. while the vast majority of it is fruitful and innocent, i have personally come across two cases where there were worms in the apple.

one marriage ended because this was the prime reason. the other marriage ended because of other reasons, and the macchini oodal news came out public after the marriage was dissolved.

caveat venditor.

sunkan, yes. by your definition, these two are famous athimbers.

I think the relationship between Athimber and Machini should not be looked from such a vulgar angle.

All of us are born with brothers & sisters and we always cherish the affection of such relationships in the right spirit. No younger sister will try to harm her elder sister even at her wildest thoughts.

In the olden days, I have seen elder sister dying prematurely leaving children. In those cases, younger sister voluntarily marry the brother in law in the interest of the children. But nowadays, it is hardly happening as most of the families have just one child.

All the best

rvr,

i agree with you 100%. as far as i know, the overwhelming relaitonship are healthy and warm. but the human mind being what it is, it is always good to keep an eye on things and never turn a blind eye to any hint of such happenings. ok?

my opposite house neighbour's wife, the second, married her brother in law, on the death of older sister. one child, who knew no difference between the mom he lost and the one he had - except on his birth mother shraddham day.

Athimber

If the wife and her sister are of close births, say year or two, the parents-in-law should have a watchful eye. The male is weaker and tempted, but if the sister-in-law becomes a bit adventurous, motivated for the love of her elder sister or rather out of unreasonable jealousy, unpleasantness could follow and turn relations sour. Or else the whole thing could be an attempt to draw the athimber into this family's bag away from his parents. Anyway it will be spicy till such oodals are very well within the limits.:D

what a topic.saali aadhi ghar waali.sister-in-law is half home-maker.not neccessarily a wife or chinna veedu.stray cases happen everywhere its definitely not the norm in any part of the world.

nachi naga.

hi folks
saali aadhi garwali....machini illatha veetil kalyanam seyya koodathu....
athimber always king....koncham paasam/koncham oodal...nice
example....KALYANA PARISU....EVER GREEN TAMIL MOVIE..
oru inam puriyatha paasam?...adhu kaadala?
therialai.....anaal we are all human beings............if one child
policy like china....no more athimber......

regards
tbs

The athimber relationship:

Ever heard of this of course u all must had, may be the name is different, jijaji, or jiju or athim and so on, but I have found this relationship is greater than anything, as they are the eldest, like only a elder sis’s husband gets this title, a lot of burden on his shoulder if he has many saalis.

The hindi version they used to say a man with saali is like having aadi gharwali, that is she will take care of him, in all ways except the bed. Like wise when my husband arrived home both my sisters were mad at him, they used to take so much care, he felt himself top of the world, if sathya used to wash his clothes and iron and not allowing him to do any work, all the things were taken care of. How about a small cup of coffee, and athimber is glad that his saali remembers.

The food section oh! Don’t mention the athimber’s favourite is done at home, and my husband loved applam which used to be ready, and many, all fried stuff would be made as tiffin. Even my mother fell for his charm the first son-in-law has a special place in the house, like the first child. So semiya upma with murungakka sambhar and he would praise her to heaven. He was a foodie all the way, every day his fresh purchase of vegetable is an example to that, and planning the lunch and dinner was all his section, so much in detail that only keerai molagootal will go with vazhakkai kari or vendakkai pachadi and so on. So it was very easy to please him, as he has already chartered out what he wants…

Even our honey moon trip to thirupathi if u may say so not without the saalis, funny my honey moon was more of deiviga shetram from trichur to chowthanikarai and guruvayur, accompanied by my mom. Being the first borns has its own trivia's to be considered.

Going to commercial street,[famous shopping street in Bangalore] even before I could go, the athimber would had invited his saali’s after all he cant go out without them, asking for this and that eatables and so many, he loved crowd always, even my father krishnamoorthy fell for this, would love to be treated for a nice full course meal from soup onwards his favorite..

The minute athimber arrives from kolkata my second one sathya will be ready there. While he opens the package she will take the first pick of saree that he has got, only then I get to take, this is the power she has on us, very demanding, what athim nothing for me? Is the opening statement, and he would compile to all her wishes…

Even when my great man made a trip directly from sabarimala to his mom in law’s place the saali’s took such good care. I started envying him, my what charisma he could spread, even till date my sisters both cannot forget him, for every thing they will remind me, athim used to love this illey….

My husband was so close to these sisters, when he corrects the sari on from behind lower and asking them to use perfumes and spraying it for them, he used to ride their husband’s with jealousy… alway look at this relation with a beauty, the scrutiny mind is always there but there are relations which can be lovely and i was witness to such one here....regards sunkan

The athimber relationship:

Ever heard of this of course u all must had, may be the name is different, jijaji, or jiju or athim and so on, but I have found this relationship is greater than anything, as they are the eldest, like only a elder sis’s husband gets this title, a lot of burden on his shoulder if he has many saalis.

The hindi version they used to say a man with saali is like having aadi gharwali, that is she will take care of him, in all ways except the bed. Like wise when my husband arrived home both my sisters were mad at him, they used to take so much care, he felt himself top of the world, if sathya used to wash his clothes and iron and not allowing him to do any work, all the things were taken care of. How about a small cup of coffee, and athimber is glad that his saali remembers.

The food section oh! Don’t mention the athimber’s favourite is done at home, and my husband loved applam which used to be ready, and many, all fried stuff would be made as tiffin. Even my mother fell for his charm the first son-in-law has a special place in the house, like the first child. So semiya upma with murungakka sambhar and he would praise her to heaven. He was a foodie all the way, every day his fresh purchase of vegetable is an example to that, and planning the lunch and dinner was all his section, so much in detail that only keerai molagootal will go with vazhakkai kari or vendakkai pachadi and so on. So it was very easy to please him, as he has already chartered out what he wants…

Even our honey moon trip to thirupathi if u may say so not without the saalis, funny my honey moon was more of deiviga shetram from trichur to chowthanikarai and guruvayur, accompanied by my mom. Being the first borns has its own trivia's to be considered.

Going to commercial street,[famous shopping street in Bangalore] even before I could go, the athimber would had invited his saali’s after all he cant go out without them, asking for this and that eatables and so many, he loved crowd always, even my father krishnamoorthy fell for this, would love to be treated for a nice full course meal from soup onwards his favorite..

The minute athimber arrives from kolkata my second one sathya will be ready there. While he opens the package she will take the first pick of saree that he has got, only then I get to take, this is the power she has on us, very demanding, what athim nothing for me? Is the opening statement, and he would compile to all her wishes…

Even when my great man made a trip directly from sabarimala to his mom in law’s place the saali’s took such good care. I started envying him, my what charisma he could spread, even till date my sisters both cannot forget him, for every thing they will remind me, athim used to love this illey….

My husband was so close to these sisters, when he corrects the sari on from behind lower and asking them to use perfumes and spraying it for them, he used to ride their husband’s with jealousy… alway look at this relation with a beauty, the scrutiny mind is always there but there are relations which can be lovely and i was witness to such one here....regards sunkan
hi sunkan,
even im the only son and my wife is the only daughter....
we dont have machini or machinan....still i feel the vaccum....
like our typical brahmin relationships very peculiar...
like athanga/ammanga/ ....ammanchi/athimber....naathanaar/
kozhunthan.....these relationships more happiness in a joint family
system...now a days like chineese policy...naam iruvar...
namukku oruvar....after sometime.. naam iruvar....namakku
etharkku?........

regards
tbs

very true tbs,
life has become more lonelier now with all our cousins gone away to different land or states and it is expensive to visit anyone, still i think we make more use of this email to keep in contact, i can understand what it is to be alone, with none to demand ur attention or miss you in the most crucial time of festivities, here we all go out together with our extended families that is husbands and wives and to be together it self is a lot more fun with adversities too but the companionship overrides any other side effects...sunkan

Sexual abuse happens in all kinds of relationships. But they are exceptions, not the general norms. Hence, please close this thread, as I'm afraid, it may put bad ideas into somebody's mind.

Sexual abuse happens in all kinds of relationships. But they are exceptions, not the general norms. Hence, please close this thread, as I'm afraid, it may put bad ideas into somebody's mind.

Sri tbs,

In malayalam there is a saying:

Ksheeramllorakitin chuvattilum

Chora thanne kothukinnu Kauthukam"

க்ஷீரமுள்ளொரு அகிடின் சுவட்டிலும

சோர தன்னே கொதிகின்னு கவுதுகம்

Even in an udder full of milk,

the mosquito is interested in blood.

Some of the discussions in this forum in recent days go in these directions .

Greetings.

Sri tbs,

In malayalam there is a saying:

Ksheeramllorakitin chuvattilum

Chora thanne kothukinnu Kauthukam"

க்ஷீரமுள்ளொரு அகிடின் சுவட்டிலும

சோர தன்னே கொதிகின்னு கவுதுகம்

Even in an udder full of milk,

the mosquito is interested in blood.

Some of the discussions in this forum in recent days go in these directions .

Greetings.
hi suryakasyap ji,
i can understand the word meanings....can u explain in detail...
in malayalam....manasil aaayyilla.....sorry..hahaha

regards
tbs

Athimber

what a topic.saali aadhi ghar waali.sister-in-law is half home-maker.not neccessarily a wife or chinna veedu.stray cases happen everywhere its definitely not the norm in any part of the world.

nachi naga.

Neruppukitte panjai vaikadheengo swami, appuram panju thedinaalum kidaikadhu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back