• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rituals and biodiversity conservation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is well known the a typical brahmin follows rituals that are very much oriented to biodiversity conservation. Sthala vrikshams, vaahanams, Brindavanams, Nandavanams are for conservation. When we use specific leaves,twigs and buds for specific occasions for reaching the heavenly bodies, souls during homams, a reason exists. What those reasons are? Our food habit also is coinciding with seasonal vegetables and srardhams have specific vegetables to be cooked/processed. Many rituals involve use of specific herbs. Will any one kindly enlighten me about these? Specific flowers are assigned to deities and specific season's are notified for use of plant and animal resources. Will you kindly share your knowledge about these with me? Thanks.

Respected Sir

Actually navagraha homa is performed with specific twigs for those planets accordingly. It is purely because these 9 planets are the main reason for diseases, causes, resistances in human body and the fumes coming by burning these twigs accordingly in the respective order it will spread over the body of persons surrounding the homakundam and by inhaling them most of his diseases and disorders got cured. It can be even personally experienced by sitting near the homakundam during a homa and feeling a great relief after that. Anyhow the detailed linkings of those shrub and their medicinal properties I will try to explore and share here soon.

Pranams

on the look out for Scientific reasons

I am a Scientist interested in knowing the common names of the specific twigs, leaves, samithus, used for specific purposes. What are those used only for Apara Kaaryams and those which are used on good occasions? What are the specific plants, roots, seeds, flowers and leaves used for observing religious functions. For example atthi mokku is used for seemandham. Arasa ilai is used for what specific purpose? Aala ilai is used for what? Is there any difference in the use of samithus? Are we using different types of dharbai and koorchams for different purposes?
Namaskarams to the Brahmin community.

Sir
Am also a scientist did my M.Sc and M.Phil in Microbiology and Ph.D in botany. My M.Sc thesis itself is on antimicrobial properties of some medicinal plants. So only am also very keen to know the thing like you. If I come across such things sure I will pass it to you.

Pranams

It is believed, this supposed to make the marking line for the inhaled (the banyan leave juice + the cow's raw milk) gum to travel to the womb. At this junction, a specific mantra is recited, which makes the route to the tube perfect as the vibration + the porcupine quill acting as nodal guiding act. Thus the inhaled essence of milk and banyan leave juice, forms like a paste and straightly carried to her womb. Because of some unknown chemical proposition and the dirt gathered inside from her last menstrual course, this paste settles in the child's stem cell and surrounds, that begin from the naval part. This paste is gradually become like a protective mask for the stem cell tube and strengthens its tube bottom base. As long as in the womb, it settles there till the child is born. Once out in the open air, the same gum getting dried very quickly in the open air, thus causing easy and automatic separation of the stem cell tube from the naval portion! And mostly, no scissors used to cut the stem cells, if the seemandam was performed with authentic and ritual way! It is also widely believed that the above is symbolically cleaving the delivery passage to open for an easy downward movement of the child and for a normal delivery.

Thanks to Srivaishnavam
www.trsiyengar.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back