• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Marriage ceremony between two Shraddam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning to fix date for my daughter's wedding in Sept 2010. My father's Shraddham falls on 14th Sept (Avani) and mother's Shraddham falls on 31st July (Aaadi). I hear opinion that marriage date is to be fixed only after both Shraddham are over and it cannot be be held between two Shraddham. In this case we will not be able to conduct marriage until November 2010. We feel we have a long wait between Nischaiyathartham and wedding. Seek your expert opinion on the above.

sankaran,

shradham is an auspicious remembrance of pithry ie departed souls.without referring to shastras,i feel,any auspicious ceremonies,will usher in more auspiciousness only.plz check kamakoti.org as i find nuggets of wisdom there pertaining to hindu dharma.

nachi naga.

Dear sir

Iam totally unaware of this issue. Anyhow how they can be calculated at all, that the time is in between?? How 2 shrarthas can be combined? If you are saying that father's is sept and mother's is july, then I will say the same, you should not do marriage in between september to july. Am I right? At the sametime, is it possible? If we go on like this, we will end up in no conclusion at all.

Anyhow for your satisfaction, consult as per sharma ji's view...

Also as naga ji said, shrartha is an auspicious function. Even in marriage, we are performing nandhi shrartha.

Pranams

hi sir,
i heard that sradham/or any pitru karma should not be done atleast
six months after any shubha karma either upanayanam/vivaham...nandhi sradham is done before marriage...only
sumangalai prarthana will be done after marriage...just confirm proper
aathu vaadhyar.....

regards
tbs

Thank you so much for your views / suggestions. There is a view among a section of Satrigal in Bangalore that you should not conduct marriage in the same month (in this case Avani) just before the Pithru karyam while other group says there is no such restrictions since u also perform nandhi just before marriage. I did check with web site kamakoti.org and could not find anything related to the above under Hindu Dharma. I will again Satrigal in Chennai and take a decision next week. Thanks for all of your inputs on the above.

Regards
Sankaran
:confused:

I am planning to fix date for my daughter's wedding in Sept 2010. My father's Shraddham falls on 14th Sept (Avani) and mother's Shraddham falls on 31st July (Aaadi). I hear opinion that marriage date is to be fixed only after both Shraddham are over and it cannot be be held between two Shraddham. In this case we will not be able to conduct marriage until November 2010. We feel we have a long wait between Nischaiyathartham and wedding. Seek your expert opinion on the above.

Sri.Sankaran Sir,

I don't see any problem. If your daughter's marriage is fixed between 31st July 2010 and 14th September 2010, you are not conducting the marriages between srarthams. Let me explain this...The period between 14th September 2010 (father's thithi) and 31st July 2011 (your mother's thithi) is the period between srarthams...So, 'Sarvam Krishna Arppanam'..I don't see any problem at all..

Cheers!

Marriage Ceremony between 2 ShrArdhams

In our family case VAdhyar advised to conduct such functions after the ShrArdhams. You and the kid will be doubly blessed. I have read (or misread) that NAndhi is done before marriages also like it is done before Upanayanam. Anyway your family shastrigal is your Guru and maybe, there is provision for doing certain fulfilling prayachitham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back