• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A new look at the Vedas

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbkhema

For the last 6 weeks I have been immersed in a Book called "Discovering the Vedas" a bookon the Vedas,Vedic People, etc by a Dutch Scholar who has a Phd from the Madras University having studied with the late Prof TMP Mahadevan and the Late Prof Raghavan,
The book throws an entirely new light on the subject and I would recommend our felllow members ro read that book:heh:

It is not available on line.It is published by Penguin Books,He has done a lot of research and visited and recorder Soma(?) Yanja , Rk Vedic Homas etc.His passage on how a Vidyarthi is taught to pronounce is interesting.In fact that is the cover picture and initially I thought it was a picture of Chowlam before Upanayanam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back