• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Polite society and guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
"An armed society is a polite society," says Rahoul Ra in this Washington Post article.

Disarm and you can get armed, says the article:
The clamor for gun licenses was so high, according to news media, that officials tried to induce men with large families to participate in a vasectomy program by promising a license in return.
Is this a good idea for India?

dear Nara,

I really want to say something but I think TB forum is too polite a society for me to write it down... anyway good proposal vasectomy for gun license.

Sri.Nara,

"An armed society is a polite society," says Rahoul Ra....

Greetings. The above assertion by Rahoul Rai is ambigous. Indian society is an unarmed society now. It is also an impolite society. The impoliteness is such an endemic, most Indians do not even realise their impolitness. Even youngsters are not exempted.

Guns for this society? Hypothetically speaking, if people can afford guns and if a majority of Indians own guns, then we will see a violent society in the making for a period of time; then it will subside and get standardised. I can't see Indian society fulfilling the assertion 'An armed society is a polite society'.

Cheers!

Dear Renuji,

I'm appalled that you feel gun license in exchange for vasectomy is a good porposal. As it is I feel certain sections of the Indian community are prone to violence anyway. The last thing they need are weapons and the encouragement.

Surely there are other ways to get men to ..umm..disarm.

Dear Renuji,

I'm appalled that you feel gun license in exchange for vasectomy is a good porposal. As it is I feel certain sections of the Indian community are prone to violence anyway. The last thing they need are weapons and the encouragement.

Surely there are other ways to get men to ..umm..disarm.

amala,

i will email to you what i really wanted to write.
its funny....

renu

men are born with baby making guns....this quote i read from one of the forum members really funny adult quote....i wonder what i should write regarding women are born with?

i really miss chintana,nacchinarliniyan,jamdagyna,seshadri,s007bala,KRS,Praveen....and many such valuable members,who have stopped posting on their own volition or banned or limiting their posts....sad

nachi naga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back