• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tamil song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Friends,

Here is a Tamil song taught by the Late Dandapani Desikar when he was the Dean Faculty of Music in The Annamalai University at Annamalainagar. I was a Student of that University during 1959-62. I was given training for this song on his direction by Late T K Rengachari who was also the Professor of Music there. Each and every line of this song is so meaningful. Please read this. This song was in the Raga Bahudari said to Aadi Tal.

Pallavi - SINAM ADAYATHE, SEERI VIZHATHE,
SIRANTHAGUNANGALAI SITHARAVIDATHE (SIN)

A.Pallavi - MANAM PONA POKKINIL POGAVIDATHE,
MAAPERUM PUGAZHVARIN MAGIZHNDU
TULLATHE (SIN)

Charanam - ARPARAI POI ADUTHUN ARIVAI VIRKATHE,
ARIVUDAI PERIYORAI AVAMATHIKKATHE,
KARPANAI ULAGINIL KANAVU KANATHE,
KALAM KADANTHAPIN KANVIZHIKKATHE (SIN)

Any mistake found anybody on this, kindly excuse.

Thanks & Regards,
S.Raghava Iyer.

Dear Subra ji

The song is very ncie to read. Who has written this? This really teaches us how to behave...Thanks for sharing

Pranams

Reply to Tamil song.

Dear Mr. Durgadasan,

Thanks for your reply. In fact I was also not aware of the composer of this song. On one occasion in our College, I sang the Prayer song. Late Dandapani Desikar was also present in that function. The programme was conducted in the Srinivasa Sastri Hall, in the Administrative Buildings. The very next day he asked me to meet him in person in the Music College. I was permitted to go and meet him by our Dean Faculty of Engneering & Technology Depts. On my visit, he taught first, the Prayer song for the University 'Akaramudala Ezhuthellam' in the Ragam Hamswadwani and also "Vaazhiyachenthamizh" in the Ragam Sree followed by our National Anthem. Myself and one of my coleagues Mr. RVS Mony took part in this class. During that time only he taught this 'Sinam Adayathe' song. Later I had several opportunities to meet these legends. In my lifetime I cannot forget this memorable days and the achievments I made. Once again thanks to you.
Regards,
Raghava Iyer,
F/o. Subra1970.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back