• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

problem with pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aladavlis

Hello,
I am having trouble with my Internet explorer.It is doing some very odd things.Sometimes it will completely close the page i am visiting for no reason or it will be very slow loading pages and when i say slow i mean very very very slow for eg i tried to google something and after 10 minutes of the page trying to load i gave up.I thought that it was perhaps the topic i was searching so i tried putting in random things to see if that made any difference but it didn't.Another problem i had was when i was on a forum and clicked on a link and nothing happened i tried to open a new tab and that wouldn't work either and it would let me access any options that are in my tools menu.i had to restart my computer.Just to let you know i have high speed Internet connection.Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me with this problem.

Hi,
There are many reasons for the issues you have mentioned. Please post as to what your spec of the PC and internet connection are. Example: Speed of the CPU, Memory, OS version, Internet connection speed and IE version.

One of the main reasons for a computer to be slow is Virus. Secondly, Spyware.

01. Go to this Website and check your system:
http://security.symantec.com/

02. Download a Spyware checking program (ad-aware SE Personal, this is a free program).

03. Install all security patches from your Operating System Vendor's website.

04. Upgrade IE to the latest version.

05. If you are using Windows and if you are a little computer savy, switch to Linux Desktop. Xandros Desktop Linux is very stable. I have had a Linux desktop for over 4 years now and never had a virus attack.

06. If you do not want to switch to Linux, think about re-isntalling your OS, after formatting your hard-drive. And stop using old programs from CD or floppy disks.

Hope this helps.

-GGR

There could be several reasons why your PC is mis-behaving. One of the most common causes is Virus and the next cause would be spyware.
1. Go to security.symantec.com and scan your system.
2. Download Ad-Aware SE Personal and scan your system for spyware.
3. If you are computer savy, switch to Linux -- Xandros Desktop Linux (I switched over to Xandros 4 years ago and have not looked back since. I have had 0 virus or spyware attack)
4. Upgrade your OS with all the latest patches from Microsoft.
5. If it is fesible, format your hard-drive and reinstall the Windows OS.

Hope these pointers help.
-GGR
Rajiv G Gunja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back