• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Hinglish Teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hinglish Teacher

A Schoolmaster from a remote rural area was transferred to a school in Bombay. He reported for duty two days before August 15 and, as was the practice in the school, was asked to address the assembly on Independence Day.

Here's his dynamite speech : Leddies and Gentulmens, Contemporaries, Children, "This is my first maiden speech. If small small mistakes get inside my speech, I ask pardon. Stickly speaking, I wanted to joint your school more fastly.but for the following reason.

Too much time lost in getting slipper reservation in three-tyre compartment. The clerk rejected to give ticket. I put complaint on station master.

We got independent because of great leaders linke Gandhiji who get-outted all angrezi peoples from India. Tilak said Swaraj is our birth-rate and we shall halve it. Today we all halve our birth-rate. You children are future dynamic generators of the Nation. Look into future time only. No backside looking, or looking at your behind. Be like great like X' raj Ranjan of Germany or Presidents like Loosebelt.

You know genius, no? It is one per cent perspiration and ninety seven percent evaporation. They became great by reading great books. After we finish you here in the school, you can go to college and get B.A., M.A. and other decrease. Then you can become great liars in the supreme courts, shattered accountants, or leacherers in college.

The school is like a garden. You are the seeds, school is the soil. We will bury you in this soil, pour water of knowledge on your heads and one day will become great phools. Many vacancy job come in newspapers.
Only yesterday I saw in paper "Wanted for refuted engineering firm: Generators, highpower condensors" so and so forth, etc. These jobs may be teknickel, but you can rise. If you have flare in English, you can become teacher.

I am now ending this fastly. My God blast you! Thank you and thank God I am finished. Joy Hind!"

Higlish Teacher

In fact a master piece of English( think in native tongue and write in english). a Bengali Bhadralok's letter made Railways attach Toilets in Trains... Here goes

Mr Okhil Chandra Sen wrote,

“ Dear Sir,
I am arrive by passenger train at Ahmedpore station and my belly is too much swelling with jack fruit. I am therefore went to privy. Just I doing the nuisance, that guard making whistle blow for train to go off and I am running with lotah in one hand and Dhotie in the next when I am fall over and expose all my shookings to man, female, women on platform. I am get leaved at Ahmedpore station.

This too much bad, if passenger go to make dung, that dam guard no wait five minutes for him. I am therefore pray your honour to make big fine on that guard for public sake. Otherwise I am making big report to papers. Yours faithful servant, Okhil Chandra Sen

The British government promptly introduced toilets.The hilarious letter today holds a place of pride in the archives of the Indian Railways.

I liked it a Lotah ah !!!

( why can't we post jokes naming the character as "X" ? Cutting jokes on region,language,caste, etc are not civil,I feel.There are a lot of people waiting on the other side also. Have you seen Yesteryear "Mehmood's"Hindi films ? How it humiliates South Indians ,especially "Tamilians" for their Hindi? Can you relish it? --That is why I suggest" Mr X" ) Even now sililar things can be seen , a dhoti totting Madrasi talking broken and dirty Hindi is a matter for laugh in Hindi films and serials.Similary a North Indian ".Seth with his apologetic Tamil" is a comic character in Tamil films. In Malayalam films a Tamil" Annaachi" is added for flavour.

Let me refer my earlier post.
Only to emphasise my point ,I am copying some links.
I do not welcome jokes directly teasing one for his caste,language,physical handicaps etc.

Madrasi Jokes Jokes

Tamil (madrasi) jokes! - Topix

Madrasi Jokes | Siva Prem

(I did not go thru all the jokes in these links.In case any of them are of bad taste.Pls excuse me. If any one informs me I will delete the link copied here.Then the point which I want to emphasise is automatically learnt by the reader)

Let me refer my earlier post.
Only to emphasise my point ,I am copying some links.
I do not welcome jokes directly teasing one for his caste,language,physical handicaps etc.

Madrasi Jokes Jokes

Tamil (madrasi) jokes! - Topix

Madrasi Jokes | Siva Prem

(I did not go thru all the jokes in these links.In case any of them are of bad taste.Pls excuse me. If any one informs me I will delete the link copied here.Then the point which I want to emphasise is automatically learnt by the reader)

sury,

good thing you quote these.

there are people who are here, somewhow not aware of the hurt that racist jokes cause. we need to raise the awareness.

thank you.

Sri Kunjuppu
Tks for the concurring stand.
Greetings

Sir,
I posted the piece about the letter in English written by an Indian to the British GM of Railways in India about his travails of going to the toilet and in fact Indian Railways say that the introduction toilets happened after this letter and the felt need of having a toilet in the trains.

The master piece was written by Mr Sen ( incidental) but I did not see the reason for Mr Sivakasyapa and mr Kunjuppu taking offence and stating that while posting I should have stated Mr X wrote the letter. This letter is not a figment of my imagination and anyone googling for the letter written by Mr sen for toilets in Indian trains can see it and to see a copy, one can take a trip to the Rail transport museum in Chanakyapuri in New Delhi.
While I have no objection to the idea that you should not use names and instead use Mr X or Ms X, the fact that this suggestion was made in response to my post, I feel hurt as if I have deliberately caused hurt to some race/class etc.
had to respond to clarify as even a good suggestion made has to be contextual. in this since it happened in response to my post, obviously it was directed at me and I feel it was not warranted.

I have stated what I felt. it is now for the forum to take a call.

warm regards
Gopi

Sorry, I wrote Sivakasyapa instead of Mr Suryakasyapa.
my apologies
gopi

Sri Gopi,

No apologies needed, and nothing of sort has happened to elicit any apology also. It is take in the right spirit only.

There is no offence found in your sincerity or intention. Only we used your post as an entry point to put a caution , to anybody trying to belittle others on basis of caste,creed, language ,physical handicaps etc. Uncontrolled writings of the sort can breed hatred emotions and may lead to undesired consequences .So we thought..

But good humour is always welcome.

Greetings

There is no offence found in your sincerity or intention. Only we used your post as an entry point to put a caution , to anybody trying to belittle others on basis of caste,creed, language ,physical handicaps etc. Uncontrolled writings of the sort can breed hatred emotions and may lead to undesired consequences .So we thought..

But good humour is always welcome.

Greetings

... i agree 100% :)

gopi, don't take it personally. sometimes one post triggers a train of thought, and sury rightly has written the circumstances of his posting, which i concurred.

looking forward to some more chuckles out of your finger tapping the keyboards. very soon.

best wishes

Sri.Gopi,

You have posted a splendid piece of information. I was laughing...then thinking. No, Sri. Suryakasyapa or Sri.Kunuppu are not offended. I loved your post. Kindly continue to post.

Cheers!

Another Hinglish One --

(It was in the old days, when there were no mobiles and telephone were rare)
Once A Husband see-off his wife to her father's home,
Immediately he wired his in-law

"WIFE LOADED ARRANGE FOR DELIVERY"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back