• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Help needed..If you can send it directly

Status
Not open for further replies.
This appeal comes from a Brahmin boy, who has lost both his parents and is in look out for a sponsor to complete his degree from SASTRA.
He is in the third year and this semester's marks are 10/10 on CPA.Please see the attached pdf files.

If you find this thread and have the mind to contribute, please do as in this case-As Mahaperiyval suggested-Pidi arisi-in this case- pidi kaasu.

Blessed be those who help this boy.

Attachments

• Appeal Ramkumar pg1.pdf
    38.9 KB · Views: 205
  • Appeal Ramkumar pg2.pdf
    29.8 KB · Views: 175
please tell him to apply to kerala iyers trust. they are very good in responding to such requests.

they will verify that it is a deserving case and will then contribute.

here is their website

www.keralaiyers.com

best wishes to this young man for a prosperous future.

This appeal comes from a Brahmin boy, who has lost both his parents and is in look out for a sponsor to complete his degree from SASTRA.
He is in the third year and this semester's marks are 10/10 on CPA.Please see the attached pdf files.

If you find this thread and have the mind to contribute, please do as in this case-As Mahaperiyval suggested-Pidi arisi-in this case- pidi kaasu.

Blessed be those who help this boy.

Can you please get the total amount required for the boy to complete his education of another one & half years and at the same time treat his mother for the next one and half years. Unless the boy completes his education, he cannot aspire for higher level. His mother can probably approach Govt. Hospital in Madurai so that the cost of treatment will be lower.

Please furnish further details

All the best

Thank you for the interest.

This semester he has to pay Rs.35,000/- for fees and exam.
His mother since has passed away,a week after this letter was written.
I think God has shown mercy on him, because the burden of medical expenditure is non existent.

I think God has shown mercy on him, because the burden of medical expenditure is non existent.

Ok. Is there any boarding expenses involved? Can we jointly organise a interest fee loan for the boy which he can repay once he starts earning. I request the forum members to react.

All the best

Ok. Is there any boarding expenses involved? Can we jointly organise a interest fee loan for the boy which he can repay once he starts earning. I request the forum members to react.

All the best

Sri RVR ji,

This would be the best way to help the needy...

If we could accumulate sufficient funds from the members (Yathasakthi), than it would be a grate social work.

I don't know exactly as what sort of set-up is this www.tamilbrahmins.com.

If we have a systematic mechanism to organize such assistance for the needy than it would be really great.

A person in charge, can keep a record of payments by Members. Once the boy could repay, the amount of contribution by the members can be disseminated accordingly.

I would like to participate and may be able to contribute reasonably during the first week of January (as I need to ascertain the total expenditure that may require for my Dad's hernia operation. There might be a rare chance of my inability to contribute).

I can accordingly be in touch with you.

Member's who don't want the money back (considering their contribution as charity) can indicate during their contribution, so that the boy can be advised of his total liability which he can pay once he gets into a job.

Sri C Ravi,

Since the boy will get placement and get reasonably good salary, let him repay without interest in suitable instalments. We can rotate the money for needy people in future also.

This way the beneficieries can be more in the future. At present there is no formal trust at our forum but we can evolve something in consultation with other members.

Thanks for your response and once we get further details, let us try to organise other things.

All the best

Sri C Ravi,

Since the boy will get placement and get reasonably good salary, let him repay without interest in suitable instalments. We can rotate the money for needy people in future also.

This way the beneficieries can be more in the future. At present there is no formal trust at our forum but we can evolve something in consultation with other members.

Thanks for your response and once we get further details, let us try to organise other things.

All the best

Perfect...

Sri C Ravi,

All the best

Perfect...

Perfect...

I am overwhelmed by the tremendous response shown towards this matter. As a forward community student I suffered the wrath of the Government, the year the State Government imposed reservations upto 92% leaving a bunch of people helpless. We had appealed to ******* at that point of time, which refused to take up, since, they felt, we were a minority.

I had vowed that if need be, I put my best foot forward to help any such
case-money alone is the buying power- to which a lot of parents are saving their children's higher education.

...and do not forget kerala iyers trust.

they have seed money... :)

Dear all,

I am getting responses through private messages also.

Now it is time for action.

I request Sri Silverfox and Sri Praveen to initiate a trust. Probably Sri Suvarchas, Chartered Accountant can help in formation of the trust and accounts, audit, 80G exemption etc.

Let us depute a person to Sastra University, Tanjore, verify the requirement and make the payment directly to the university.

Let us co-ordinate with Kerala Iyers Trust so that our efforts are not duplicated and the beneficiary didn't get double benefit. We don't have to bother about tambrass as it is not doing any active work. Probably Sri Kunjuppu can help on co-ordination with KIT. I may be in Trichur from 30th Dec to 4th January and am willing to visit KIT palghat if required.

Members who are willing to participate can send the quantum of assistance either through this forum or through private message to me. Shall we make it as interest free loan? I request views of our members on this.

Let us make a good beginning.

All the best

It would be a good idea to start a trust and build a corpus for the same.

For education we can provide intrest free loans and Which should be repaid back once the beneficiary gets into a job.

Also we can plan for a kind of venture fund which would provide help for our people who have a sound business plan. i have heard of Gujarati/marwadi community having such kind of funds to help their people suceed in business. Any takers for this.

venkat,

kit is opeated out of bombay. they seek local folks only to verify. most of the funding is from bombay or mid east and nris.

I request Sri Silverfox and Sri Praveen to initiate a trust. Probably Sri Suvarchas, Chartered Accountant can help in formation of the trust and accounts, audit, 80G exemption etc.

Members who are willing to participate can send the quantum of assistance either through this forum or through private message to me. Shall we make it as interest free loan? I request views of our members on this.

Let us make a good beginning.
I agree with this view; and I would contribute to the extent possible.

For verification of case background, there needs to be members whose credentials are well established, and whose profile and background may be published in this forum. This is to ensure the confidence of members.

IMO, the Trust can give interest free loans... repayable period, as deemed fit by the verification body.

Regards,

To day I tried to contact the beneficiary Sri Ramkumar in his cell phone but he is not lifting the phone. May be he is in his class room. I have sent an sms to him and shall try to establish direct contact.

I shall keep you all informed about further developments.

All the best

From his appeal letter we can understand, Presently he is in 3rd semester & his requirment for 4th semester will be Rs. 35,000.00 Assumming the same fee structure for all semester, total requirement will be Rs 1,75,000.00, Hoping he will make some other arrangement for his living, books & regular expenses.

Also we need to understand his present bank loan balance is Rs. 22,000.00, which may reach very high when he complete his course. In my understanding he will be requiring utleast Rs. 57,000.00 presently & Rs. 35,000.00 on freequent intervals. Also clearing his present loan will help him to procure next semester fee from bank incase of non availibility of any other supports.

As far as my Pidi kaasu thittam, Presently I can share about Rs. 5,000.00 Which can be paid to his collage directly OR through Forum arrangements. Also my sincere suggestion is to make the payment directly to the educational institute & Bank towards the loan.

I wait for further instructions.

Pranam,
L.Srinivas

From his appeal letter we can understand, Presently he is in 3rd semester & his requirment for 4th semester will be Rs. 35,000.00 Assumming the same fee structure for all semester, total requirement will be Rs 1,75,000.00, Hoping he will make some other arrangement for his living, books & regular expenses.

Also we need to understand his present bank loan balance is Rs. 22,000.00, which may reach very high when he complete his course. In my understanding he will be requiring utleast Rs. 57,000.00 presently & Rs. 35,000.00 on freequent intervals. Also clearing his present loan will help him to procure next semester fee from bank incase of non availibility of any other supports.

As far as my Pidi kaasu thittam, Presently I can share about Rs. 5,000.00 Which can be paid to his collage directly OR through Forum arrangements. Also my sincere suggestion is to make the payment directly to the educational institute & Bank towards the loan.

I wait for further instructions.

Pranam,
L.Srinivas

Thanks Sri Srinivas. We will verify the requirements and make the payment directly to the university only. We will also monitor the progress of the student in his studies. We may have to track him after employment also.

We shall try to talk to the university also.

All the best

I spoke to one my friend whose son is also studying in Sastra University Tanjore and got it verified that candidate is genuine and a deserving student.

I spoke to Sri Rajkumar (the actual student who requires help) and assured him of our support for his further studies. There are three issues which came during the discussion:

1. He has taken educational loan from Indian Bank, Thirunagar -Madurai Branch for which he has defaulted interest due to family circumstances. He says if he clears interest, he can still avail the loan for completing the studies. I have requested him to check with the bank and report back to me.

2. He has alreadly applied to his University for fee concession and the result are like to come next week. Kanchi mutt has tremendous influence with Sastra University and if some of our members can talk to the mutt authorities, he can definitely get the concession. I shall also try from end and I request our members to do whatever possible

3. The boy is staying in his uncle's house and hence not incurring any boarding expenses.

4. If any of the above is not working, I assured him that we are willing to step in from our forum and do whatever best possible.

I request further suggestions from our members about future course of action to be taken.

All the best

Well done..the plan is to go ahead.

I sincerely extend my thanks for all the concern expressed and acted on this thread. The Pidikaasu trust is much in reality.
Today, I happened to be in a meeting conducted by ******* Koodal nagar branch where in I met a social worker of our community, Ela Amudhan. He has the selfless attitude of disposing of orphan bodies and helping all classes of people. He was talking of a Brahmin couple,old aged, living in a small room, besides a crematorium eking out a meagre 1000 rupees a month being helped some kindhearted souls. They managed to muster money for the grocery needs of the couple, and this has been extended to 3 more families of the same plight.

If we can do it, we will do it. Learned elders, this trust can be a reality.

I spoke to one my friend whose son is also studying in Sastra University Tanjore and got it verified that candidate is genuine and a deserving student.

I spoke to Sri Rajkumar (the actual student who requires help) and assured him of our support for his further studies. There are three issues which came during the discussion:

1. He has taken educational loan from Indian Bank, Thirunagar -Madurai Branch for which he has defaulted interest due to family circumstances. He says if he clears interest, he can still avail the loan for completing the studies. I have requested him to check with the bank and report back to me.

2. He has alreadly applied to his University for fee concession and the result are like to come next week. Kanchi mutt has tremendous influence with Sastra University and if some of our members can talk to the mutt authorities, he can definitely get the concession. I shall also try from end and I request our members to do whatever possible

3. The boy is staying in his uncle's house and hence not incurring any boarding expenses.

4. If any of the above is not working, I assured him that we are willing to step in from our forum and do whatever best possible.

I request further suggestions from our members about future course of action to be taken.

All the best

Thanks for your prayers..

Mr.Ramkumar called me up yesterday and said that his University has granted him full exemption from the future fees-i.e next two semesters.

Prayers make wonders. Thanks.

Thanks Sri Panza,

Still he has defaulted with educational loans with Indian Bank with respect to interest payments. Probably we can help him.

I spoke to him about 10 days back and requested him for the details of Indian bank interest due account. If possible, please try to get the details.

All the best

Mr.Ramkumar

Sir:
I also told him on the same line.
He said would get back after visiting the bank after Pongal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back