• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A Succinct Message from Engalazhvan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extracted from Newspaper covering Discourse By M.A.Venkatakrishnan

A man goes to Engalazhvan to become his disciple.The prospective sishya knocks at his door."who is there? asks Engalazhvan.The Man replies "It is I".
"Go away and come back after I am dead" Engalazhvan replies.
The man is puzzled by these words.
What Engalazhvan meant was that "I" should die before a man can seek instructions from an Acharya.Our ego,ahankaram our thought that Athma is ours must all vanish.
What a Succinct Message?

Last edited:
Extracted from Newspaper covering Discourse By M.A.Venkatakrishnan

A man goes to Engalazhvan to become his disciple.The prospective sishya knocks at his door."who is there? asks Engalazhvan.The Man replies "It is I".
"Go away and come back after I am dead" Engalazhvan replies.
The man is puzzled by these words.
What Engalazhvan meant was that "I" should die before a man can seek instructions from an Acharya.Our ego,ahankaram our thought that Athma is ours must all vanish.
What a Succinct Message?
Engalazhvan himself says "after I am dead" or did he mean after the I in you is dead?

Engalazhavan

Sir :

As a matter of fact, when the ' I ' is dead, there is no need for
any teaching, for he becomes a realised soul with the death of 'I'.

Bhagawan Ramana's teaching is the enquiry - who am I ?.
When the superimposed 'I' dies, then there is only the real ' I'.

Please correct me if i am wrong . Regards,

Last edited:
Sir :

As a matter of fact, when the ' I ' is dead, there is no need for
any teaching, for he becomes a realised soul with the death of 'I'.

Bhagawan Ramana's teaching is the enquiry - who am I ?.
When the superimposed 'I' dies, then there is only the real ' I'.

Please correct me if i am wrong .

Is there a way to tell whether you are wrong or not? If yes, what is it? If no, this whole exercise is just imaginary, no?

The "I" is a product of interaction among the billions of neurons in the head and therefore the "I" will die when the brain dies.

Thx

Dear Sir, I have a doubnt for many years. I Think you learned members would guide me properly. Eversince my childhood I have heard of WHO IS I, REMOVE I etcetc.
What I feel is that there is no I . Let us take an example of a car. Tyre, stearing, brake, etc are all parts of car. the carwont move without all these. car can be called a car only with all these esentional ingrediantsonly. car is combination/proper alocation of all these parts. In the same way I or Man is combination of leg, hand, etc etc,
So where is the question of I?

who is ' I '

Dear Mr.Kr Subramaniam,

I would suggest you read the books of Bhagawan Ramana
Maharishi. There is a website of sri Ramanashram also.
You can go thru' it. Or even the lectures of sri Paramacharya
on this subject. They have explained this in greater detail and
more lucidly. I cant match their words born out of anubhoothi,
and mine is just theoretical. Regards and best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back