• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tamil Brahmins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Tamil brahmins,
I was informed by my co-brother that there is marraige meet at Sanskrit college Mylapore. I went there and become a member. The services offered by the tamil brahmin organisation is very good. I hope it will be supported by people like us and get the benifit from them.
Regards,
V.N.Sethuraman.

Sri Sethuraman,

Sri Praveen has said politely that we are not associated. We would like to make it firmly that we will not be associated with Thambras for events like Swayamvaram.

We gave them permission to just distribute their monthly magazine free of cost but they opened a counter to collect subscription. We forced them to close and leave the main hall as we didn't had any other alternative.

We collected just Rs.100 to meet the expenses. In fact we didn't accept the commercial sponsor offers. If some other money is collected within the premises, participants will think that we are only collecting money.

Thambras is also conducting swayamvarams and let them do it.

We will have our independence. Only Sri Swaminatha Sharma's organisation and tamilbrahmins.com are involved in our function. We have decided to accept commercial sponsors in the future events which we will do transparently.

All the best

Last edited:
it is very important that we give wide berth to *******.

from my viewpoint, it is not a good organization to be associated with.

they have associated themselves with politics and ended up backtracking their associations with jayalalitha. also, i suspect them of being side door openers for RSS & VHP, which would be disastrous to our community in Tamil Nadu.

i think, they are not so much bad, as inept and confused and very much naive.

my notes in blue

Sri Sethuraman,

Sri Praveen has said politely that we are not associated. We would like to make it firmly that we will not be associated with Thambras

We will have our independence. Only Sri Swaminatha Sharma's organisation and tamilbrahmins.com are involved in our function. We have decided to accept commercial sponsors in the future events which we will do transparently.

All the best

kunjuppu " it is very important that we give wide berth to *******.

they have associated themselves with politics and ended up backtracking their associations with jayalalitha. also, i suspect them of being side door openers for RSS & VHP, which would be disastrous to our community in Tamil Nadu."

I really had my surprise when my relative telephoned from Chennai Naveena Swayamvaram venue and asked whether ******* and TB.Com are same, as he found them on the premises seeking subscription, and giving Greetings to the function.

My surprise was because many a time in this site it was explained that TB.com doesn’t have any connection with TAAMBRAS. Now my doubts and surprise have ended.

We need not cast aspersions and pass jugements on *******- as some of the well intended members of this site may have good feelings to ******* –because they were her earlier than TB.Com,’s birth; doing something or at least talking something when things were more bleak.It was at that time like a straw for a dying man to catch.
But for all purposes TB.com can declare that ******* and TB.Com are entirely different and not connected. But there is nothing wrong in considering ******* as a fraternal organization.They are not our enemies.

Regarding commercial sponsorships,I have my own concerns. Why cant commercial sponsorship be sought only after seeking donations or sponsoring from TBCom members fist ? A cage is a cage even if it is made by gold. Sponsorship may look naïve at first, but it may swallow the whole later.
Definitely independence will be lost.Let thought be given to this.

my notes in blue

kunjuppu " it is very important that we give wide berth to *******.

they have associated themselves with politics and ended up backtracking their associations with jayalalitha. also, i suspect them of being side door openers for RSS & VHP, which would be disastrous to our community in Tamil Nadu."

I really had my surprise when my relative telephoned from Chennai Naveena Swayamvaram venue and asked whether ******* and TB.Com are same, as he found them on the premises seeking subscription, and giving Greetings to the function.

My surprise was because many a time in this site it was explained that TB.com doesn’t have any connection with TAAMBRAS. Now my doubts and surprise have ended.

We need not cast aspersions and pass jugements on *******- as some of the well intended members of this site may have good feelings to ******* –because they were her earlier than TB.Com,’s birth; doing something or at least talking something when things were more bleak.It was at that time like a straw for a dying man to catch.
But for all purposes TB.com can declare that ******* and TB.Com are entirely different and not connected. But there is nothing wrong in considering ******* as a fraternal organization.They are not our enemies.

Regarding commercial sponsorships,I have my own concerns. Why cant commercial sponsorship be sought only after seeking donations or sponsoring from TBCom members fist ? A cage is a cage even if it is made by gold. Sponsorship may look naïve at first, but it may swallow the whole later.
Definitely independence will be lost.Let thought be given to this.

Sri Surya Kasyapa

First of all let us be clear `we have nothing against Tambrass'.

Sometimes, ******* takes some politicals positions but we don't have any political ambitions whatsoever and we will not take any political positions in future also. I earnestly feel that our network should grow more on intellectual level and service level.

We have just upgraded our position now from a mere discussions/debate forum to service forum on a certain areas. This is purely done as a voluntary job by few of our members at the local level. We don't have a global level organisation as off now.

We just permitted ******* to distribute their monthly magazines free of cost at the venue. But they exceeded their permission limits and we stopped it immediately and they vocated the event venue within half an hour. This half an hour has already created some damage to our reputation. Some participating members would have come to the conclusion that we and ******* are one and the same which is reflected in your statement. Definitely we will not allow this confusion to happen even at the smallest level in the future.

Our media publicity both before and after the event has rattled everybody including ******* and other commercial matrimony service organisations. The entire credit goes to Sri G.Soundararajan, who is already associated with a media group in Chennai. Infact the organisers got some obnoxious phone calls from competitive organisations provoking us. We handled it politely and let us do so in future also.

Accepting sponsorship is purely our internal decision. tamilbrahmins.com is already a sponsor of the event with monetary support. Some saree dealer or jewellery dealer want to put up the banner in the venue by donating some money to the organisers. This will reduce our burden to a great extent. We will not allow them to do counter sales at the venue. We, as organisers, feel there is nothing wrong in it but still we would like to listen to everybody in the forum and we shall take a collective decision taking into consideration all the view points.

We don't require donations from our members for the swayamvaram event. Inspite of keeping a very low rate of Rs.100 per participant, offering more value added services, we have made the event self financing. We shall continue to do so in the future also.

Please express your views freely and frankly.

All the best

venkat, swami,

good notes. and clarifications to keep us separate from *******.

let me tell a story here. there was this rich church in california. there are many such churches, private ones, supported by the community and managed by trustees. they hire their own minister, to suit their socio political views.

some time back, they found sudden increase of membership. very soon these new members became majority of the church. won the elections. and took over the wealth of this church.

the moral of the story, is that we should be vigilant. sometimes, in our goodness, we give an inch and before long, the foot is cut off from us.

venkat, swami,

good notes. and clarifications to keep us separate from *******.

let me tell a story here. there was this rich church in california. there are many such churches, private ones, supported by the community and managed by trustees. they hire their own minister, to suit their socio political views.

some time back, they found sudden increase of membership. very soon these new members became majority of the church. won the elections. and took over the wealth of this church.

the moral of the story, is that we should be vigilant. sometimes, in our goodness, we give an inch and before long, the foot is cut off from us.
hi kunjupu sir,
you know the story of richmond ganesha temple.toronto canada...
initially started tamil /tamil brahmins with tamil nadu priest...
slowly sri lankans conquered with sri lankan priest....sri lankans
are the majority in the administartion....they slowly kicked
out tamil brahmins from the board....it happens.... my 2 cents

regards
tbs

hi kunjupu sir,
you know the story of richmond ganesha temple.toronto canada...
initially started tamil /tamil brahmins with tamil nadu priest...
slowly sri lankans conquered with sri lankan priest....sri lankans
are the majority in the administartion....they slowly kicked
out tamil brahmins from the board....it happens.... my 2 cents

regards
tbs

tbs,

i do not know who told you this view. this is a view held by some really racist narrow minded TBs. i think so.

the intial temple was a small shed. none of us TBs either had the money or the physical skills to build further.

the sri lankans came. they are in large numbers. with their own hand they built many of the structures. these folks had the skillsets and gave them for free.

also, the ceremonies were pretty lax and relaxed earlier. after the srilankans came, this became more formalized, and we are now following the traditions of the chidambaram temple.

we are all hindus and we we worship the same God.

the jealousy of the TBs against sri lankans, is i think, due to their committment, devotion and numerical presence. we have none of these. our children have none of these.

the youngsters who come to the temple are all sri lankans. please do not belittle them, i request.

it is thriving temple, and on feast days, overflowing with crowds. among these, you cannot even find one TBs. such is the hypocracy of those TBs who find fault with the sri lankans in the temple.

by the way there are more than a dozen hindu temples run by the sri lankans. let us not claim uniqueness again.

TBS you have been misinformed by the most bigoted sections of our community here in toronto, and unfortunately i happen to know many of them.

incidentally, the TBs still have a huge say in the temple management. even though the temple prospered and grew without the monetary or the physical generosity of the TBs.

hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your clarifying post, putting things in the proper perspective.

I have a lot of Srilankan Tamil friends (courtesy Ilangai Vaanoli). Srilankan Tamils are diligent, hard-working, pious and very intelligent. We may write a separate book on them. (The only grave mistake committed by them was discriminating against estate labour of Indian, no, Tamilnadu origin and distancing themselves from the Tamil speaking Muslims in Lanka). This reduced their numerical strength and weakened them politically too.

Last edited:
tbs,

i do not know who told you this view. this is a view held by some really racist narrow minded TBs. i think so.

the intial temple was a small shed. none of us TBs either had the money or the physical skills to build further.

the sri lankans came. they are in large numbers. with their own hand they built many of the structures. these folks had the skillsets and gave them for free.

also, the ceremonies were pretty lax and relaxed earlier. after the srilankans came, this became more formalized, and we are now following the traditions of the chidambaram temple.

we are all hindus and we we worship the same God.

the jealousy of the TBs against sri lankans, is i think, due to their committment, devotion and numerical presence. we have none of these. our children have none of these.

the youngsters who come to the temple are all sri lankans. please do not belittle them, i request.

it is thriving temple, and on feast days, overflowing with crowds. among these, you cannot even find one TBs. such is the hypocracy of those TBs who find fault with the sri lankans in the temple.

by the way there are more than a dozen hindu temples run by the sri lankans. let us not claim uniqueness again.

TBS you have been misinformed by the most bigoted sections of our community here in toronto, and unfortunately i happen to know many of them.

incidentally, the TBs still have a huge say in the temple management. even though the temple prospered and grew without the monetary or the physical generosity of the TBs.

hope this makes sense.
hi kunjuppu ji,
thank you so much for information....

regards
tbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back