• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

song on gomathi devi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to sankarankoil during the time of aditapasu with my guru. His uncle is the sivachariar in the temple. He made me to sit in the chariot of gomathidevi itself and I viewed happily the whole event. Like shows in cinema theatre (Sorry for my cheap comparison), the dapas too has two shows. One around night 9:30 or 10:00 where swami comes as sankaranarayana and next show in midnight where swami comes as sankara alone. I saw very very near all the happenings during that function and I consider this as my luck. Afterwhile when thinking of her penance, I wrote this song.

"Indra" is my mudra, which I use in most of my songs.

As I said already I dont know much about ragas and all. This song can be sing like "EEN PALLI KONDEERAYYA- SHRI RANGANATHA".

ஏன் இந்த தவக்கோலம் அம்மா - ஸ்ரீ கோமதி நாயகி (ஏன்)

கந்தன் தொல்லை பொருத்துக்கொண்டிருக்கவோ
கணபதியின் கவலை தீர்த்துக்கொண்டிருக்கவோ
எங்கும் நிறைந்த ஈசன் அருளைப்பெற்றிருக்கவோ (ஏன்)

சண்ட வதம் செய்த கோபம் தணிக்கவோ
மகிஷனை வதம் செய்த பாபம் தொலைக்கவோ
தக்ஷன் ஈசனைச்சொன்ன கடுஞ்சொல் மறந்திடவோ (ஏன்)

அரனாம்சிவனாரிட பாகமதைப்பெற்றிடவோ
கரத்தாலரக்கனவன் சிரத்தையும் கொய்திடவோ
சுரபதி இந்த்ரனுக்குன் அருளை பொழிந்திடவோ (ஏன்)

Pranams

Namassadhasae.

Dear Durga -

Excellent. Keep it up please.

"அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!"
_ திருவக்கரை திருப்புகழ்

Pranams ,

Our Kula daivam is Gomathi amman . I was infact searching some songs or compositions on Gomathi Amman . If you have any collections , I can try tuning them . I am a classical vocalist and my wish is to learn some good compositions on my Kula deivam .

Thanks and Regards

Sridhar

Sorry Sridhar sir

Am seeing this post very late. Anyhow, I am having around 100 songs with me. Most are in favour of Shri Shiva (with love over him) and also on many other gods and goddess. Iam also a classical singer. But dont know much into that. I can sing some songs of my own and also some renowned songs. Since I learnt music in my early school days (LKG-5th std) and also stopped afterwards, finding ragalakshanas and all are bit inconvenient for me. I am much glad to share some songs with you for tuning. Please PM me regarding this.

Pranams

I know one "gomatyambashtakam" which goes as "mukura sama kapole bhaktacittaanukoole...." but I will have to verify if it is by sankara. Is it the one you want?
I give below the whole ashtakam:

ஆதிசங்கரரின் சிஷ்யரான வித்யாரண்யசுவாமிகளால்
இயற்றப்பெட்ட

கோமத்யம்பாஷ்டகம்

मुकुरसम कपोले भक्तचित्तानुकूलॆ
विनमदमरजालॆ विष्टपारातिकालॆ
विरचितशिवलीलॆ वल्लकीनादलॊलॆ
हिमगिरिवरबालॆ गॊमती त्राहि बालॆ । -१
முகுரசமகபோலே பக்தசித்தானுகூலே
வினமதமரஜாலே விஷ்டபாராதிகாலே
விரசித சிவலீலே வல்லகீனாதலோலே
ஹிமகிரிவரபாலே கோமதீத்ராஹிபாலே -௧

भुवनजननि मायॆ पार्वतीनामधॆयॆ
धृतसुगुणनिकायॆ दिव्यसौन्दर्यकायॆ
सकलविबुधगेयॆ मन्मनोभागधॆयॆ
हिमगिरिवरबालॆ गॊमती त्राहि बालॆ । -२
புவனஜனனிமாயே பார்வதீனாமதேயே
த்ருதசுகுணநிகாயே திவ்யசௌந்தர்யகாயே
சகலவிபுதகேயே மன்மனோபாகதேயே
ஹிமகிரிவரபாலே கோமதீத்ராஹிபாலே -௨

कदनहरकटाक्षॆ लॊकरक्षाविदक्षॆ
कलितविनतरक्षॆ कल्पिताराति शिक्षॆ
प्रमुदितविषमाक्षॆ भक्तसंदत्तमॊक्षॆ
हिमगिरिवरबालॆ गॊमती त्राहि बालॆ । -३
கதனஹரகடாக்ஷே லோகரக்ஷாவிதக்ஷே
கலிதவினதரக்ஷே கல்பிதாராதி சிக்ஷே
ப்ரமுதித விஷமாக்ஷே பக்தசம்தத்தமோக்ஷே
ஹிமகிரிவரபாலே கோமதீத்ராஹிபாலே -௩

सकलनिगमरूपॆ हस्तविन्यस्तचापॆ
प्रमथित भवतापॆ शुद्धतत्त्वस्वरूपॆ
मथित सकलपापॆ दैत्यविन्यस्तकॊपॆ
हिमगिरिवरबालॆ गॊमती त्राहि बालॆ । -४
சகலநிகமரூபே ஹஸ்தவிந்யஸ்தசாபே
ப்ரமதிதபவதாபே சுத்ததத்வஸ்வரூபே
மதிதசகலபாபே தைத்யவிந்யஸ்தகோபே
ஹிமகிரிவரபாலே கோமதீத்ராஹிபாலே -௪

मरकत मणि हारॆ सल्लसत्कॆशभारॆ
शमित दनु कुमारॆ युद्ध सन्नाह धीरॆ
दुरित तरु कुठारॆ दुष्ट सन्दोह घोरॆ
हिमगिरिवरबालॆ गॊमती त्राहि बालॆ । -५
மரகதமணிஹாரே ஸல்லஸத்கேசபாரே
சமிததநுகுமாரே யுத்தஸன்னாஹதீரே
துரித தருகுடாரே துஷ்டசந்தோஹ கோரே
ஹிமகிரிவரபாலே கோமதீத்ராஹிபாலே -௫

पृथुल तर नितम्बॆ भासमानोष्ठबिम्बॆ
श्रित रुचिर कदम्बॆ चन्द्रतुल्यास्यबिम्बॆ
सुचरित निकुरुम्बॆ शूल विध्वस्त शुम्भॆ
हिमगिरिवरबालॆ गॊमती त्राहि बालॆ । -६
ப்ருதுலதரநிதம்பே பாசமானோஷ்டபிம்பே
ச்ரிதருசிரகதம்பே சந்த்ரதுல்யாஸ்யபிம்பே
ஸுசரிதநிகுரும்பே சூலவித்வஸ்த சும்பே
ஹிமகிரிவரபாலே கோமதீத்ராஹிபாலே -௬

शुक शिशु कळ भाषॆ शोभि मुक्ता विभूषॆ
विरचित रिपुरॊषॆ भद्रकाळ्यादिवॆषॆ
शशधर धर यॊषॆ मत्स्यपक्वाभिलाषॆ
हिमगिरिवरबालॆ गॊमती त्राहि बालॆ । -७
சுகசிசுகளபாஷே சோபிமுக்தா விபூஷே
விரசித ரிபுரோஷே பத்ரகாள்யாதிவேஷே
சசதரதரயோஷே மத்ச்யபக்வாபிலாஷே
ஹிமகிரிவரபாலே கோமதீத்ராஹிபாலே -௭

निखिल भयद भूत प्रॆत पैशाच जाताः
ज्वर भय विषवात क्रूरयुत्सन्निपाताः
अतिशमनसमॆता यत्कटाक्षात् प्रसीदा
हिमगिरिवरबालॆ गॊमती त्राहि बालॆ । -८
நிகிலபயத பூதப்ரேதபைசாசஜாதா :
ஜ்வரபயவிஷவாத க்ரூரயுத்சன்னிபாதா:
அதிசமனஸமேதா யத்கடாக்ஷாத் ப்ரஸீதா
ஹிமகிரிவரபாலே கோமதீத்ராஹிபாலே -௮
----------------

Last edited:
Song on Sri Gomathi Ambal

Dear Sri Durgadasan,,

When Goddess decides to perform her miracles, things happen to fill in like jigsaw puzzle.

Many thanks to your good self for starting the thread by rendering your composition on Goddess Gomathi Ambal.

My beloved grand mother Mathusri Kunjammal (1882-1966) came into contact with Sri Gomathi Ambal during her visit to the Temple at Sankaranayanar koil with her husband Tahsildhar Chandrasekhara Iyer. The spell of Sri Gomathi Ambal was so powerful that she became an ardent devotee of the Goddess rest of her life. As the time went on She used to go in trance during her daily Poojas and holy oracles came out of her mouth. She started composing songs on Ambal effortlessly. If we go through the songs we will be wonder struck as to how could a person, who had formal education up to third standard only, render such beautiful songs. Perhaps it was her Gomathi Ambal who had brought out her own glory in the form of songs through her devotee. Grandma has used Tamil Manipravalam, a mixture of Tamil and Sanskrit, in her songs. There was one song even in Telugu. She had also rendered songs on Lord Muruga, Goddess Meenakshi and Vinayaka. Her Prarthanai in the end was a poignant piece of writing that portrays her turbulent mind and how she sought solace and comfort in the lotus feet of her Goddess Gomathi to alleviate her difficulties and sufferings. Kunjammal had visualized her Gomathy in all splendour and decorated her with ornaments and flowers by beautiful words. She saw her Ambal in her unjal, celebrated her with Kummi, and Thalattu .
Mathusri Kunjammal had given birth to twelve children, but only six of them survived to live long. I belong to one of these six families.Though She wanted to publish her songs in a book form for distribution among the devotees of Ambal in Gomathi Amman Koil, some how she could not accomplish the task during her life time. Now her grand children and great grand children living in India and abroad had taken up the task of completing her desire. Arrangements have been made also to bring out an Audio C D (Vol I) consisting of 15 selected songs of grand mother sung by an eminent singer and release the same along with the book at the holy feet of Ambal, in the month of December 2010.
I am extremely thankful to "Sangom" for posting "Gomathiambashtakam".,
Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore

Wow
Great to hear Brahmanyan ji about your grandma... It is very prathyaksham the power of shri "gomathi devi", even a dumb will sing songs with her grace. I fwe sit the shri chakra in front of her and concentrate on gomathi devi, surely a power of vitalization will springs within us. Even many a times, the "putrumann" prasadham has cured several illness. Iam sure that your grandma blesses me also for writing many songs like that.

Pranams

Songs on gomathi devi

Wow
Great to hear Brahmanyan ji about your grandma... It is very prathyaksham the power of shri "gomathi devi", even a dumb will sing songs with her grace. I fwe sit the shri chakra in front of her and concentrate on gomathi devi, surely a power of vitalization will springs within us. Even many a times, the "putrumann" prasadham has cured several illness. Iam sure that your grandma blesses me also for writing many songs like that.

Pranams

Dear Sri Durgadasan,

True words. Arrangements are being made by our family members to visit Sankaran Koil to place the Book and Audio CD of selected songs composed by my grand mother sung by an eminent singer at the feet of Sri Gomathi Ambal on December 29, 2010 and get her blessings. I shall arrange to send you copies of same after getting the blessings of Sri Gomathi Ambal.
Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Songs on Gomathi Ambal

Wow

Pranams

Dear Sri "Durgadasan",

This morning I have returned from Sankaran Koil after attending the magnificent function of releasing the book of sacred hymns on Sri Gomathy Ambal in the form of Songs composed by beloved Grand mother Mathusri Kunjammal Chandrasekhara Iyer (1862-1965) together with an Audio CD containing 15 songs selected from the book sung by noted singer Charulata Mani. The book and audio CD were released by Sri Rajamani Dy. Commissioner HR & CE and the first set was received by Dr. Subburaju of Rajapalayam. The pleasant function and the elaborate puja were arranged by the descendants of the family.

As per the desire of grand mother the book and the audio CD will be distributed free of cost to the devotees who desire to have them. Since you are in Chennai kindly contact Sri V.Srinivasan (044)24990092.

Best Wishes,

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore

Mathusri Kunjammal's songs on Goddess Gomathiamman!

Gomathiamman Pushpa Paavadai alankaaram.jpg
Goddess Gomathiamman
Pushpap Paavaadai Alankaaram

gomathiamman.jpg
Goddess Gomathiamman
Sankaranarayanar.jpg
Lord Sankaranarayanar
Thanks to Sri Brahmanyan for his post on Sri Gomathi Ambal of Sankarankoil and information about his grandmother Mathusri Kunjammal. I feel that she has striking parallels in life along with another great savant, Andavan Pitchai (a.k.a Pitchi) also known as Maragathammal. She has composed the Murugan devotional song "Ullam Uruguthaiya" made famous by the singing of T.M.Soundararajan at the Kalikambal Koil at Chennai. Unfortunately none of her song books are available today, though they were originally published by a P.T. Pani and Company, Triplicane, Chennai. Anyone who has collections of Andavan Pitchai songs can at least post them on internet. I applaud Sri Sangom for his posting of Sri Gomathyaashtakam of Vidyaranya Swami and to the family of Sri. Brahmanyan for their great gesture in publishing Mathusri Kunjammal's songs. I pray to Goddess Gomathi to bless the project with all success and get their entire works published for posterity.

Last edited:
Mathusri Kunjammal's songs on Goddess Gomathiamman!

Thanks to Sri Brahmanyan for his post on Sri Gomathi Ambal of Sankarankoil and information about his grandmother Mathusri Kunjammal. I feel that she has striking parallels in life along with another great savant, Andavan Pitchai (a.k.a Pitchi) also known as Maragathammal. She has composed the Murugan devotional song "Ullam Uruguthaiya" made famous by the singing of T.M.Soundararajan at the Kalikambal Koil at Chennai. Unfortunately none of her song books are available today, though they were originally published by a P.T. Pani and Company, Triplicane, Chennai. Anyone who has collections of Andavan Pitchai songs can at least post them on internet. I applaud Sri Sangom for his posting of Sri Gonathyaashtakam of Vidyaranya Swami and to the family of Sri. Brahmanyan for their great gesture in publishing Mathusri Kunjammal's songs. I pray to Goddess Gomathi to bless the project with all success and get their entire works published for posterity.

Dear Sri "kahanam"

The ways of Almighty is mysterious. I have also heard few such souls are gifted by God to sing his/her glories. "Ullam Urugudayya" sung by TMS is a masterpiece of his.

The function at Sankarankoil went off very well with grand puja to Sri Gomathi Ambal for four hours and the songs of my Grand mother describing the splendours of Ambal sung by the younger generation of the ladies of our family reverberating before the Sanctum. It was an emotionally charged occasion for about 25 members of our family gathered from various places to fulfill the desire of the old lady.

I request you to kindly contact Sri V. Srinivasan, Chennai to obtain the Copy of the book and audio CD. His Phone No: (044) 24990092.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Thanks Sir, Sri. Brahmanyan, I will meet Sri. Srinivasan and collect the book and CD of your grandmother's great devotional songs. It would be priceless. I am happy that you could all take part in such a divine atmosphere in front of the Goddess Gomathiambal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back