• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Enakkoru kaadhal

Status
Not open for further replies.
scan0004.gif

I enclose a verse in Tamil describing my lady love. Hope you relish it.

Attachments

• scan0004.jpg
    scan0004.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 2,707
  • scan0005.jpg
    scan0005.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 785
Last edited:
Namassadhasae.

Shri Pannvalan ji,

The lyrics had come out with excellent expression of imagination. While reading this, my mind got the famous Tamil kavithai by Bharathidasan (which also took place in the tamil movie 'PanchavarNakkiLi'), commencing with the words 'avaLukkum tamizh enru paer'. Your lover is the lover for all Tamils, like the audience for 'nilavu (moon)'. ('Oruvanukku oruththi' enra thaththuvam ingu porunthathu!)

'அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள்
பெருமாளே! - திருவக்கரை திருப்புகழ் '

Namassadhasae.

'தமிழுக்கும் அமுது என்று பேர்' என்று அந்தப் பாடல தொடங்கும். முன்னர் கோ ட் செய்ததை திருத்தி வாசித்துக்கொள்ளவும்.

Please read the quote of the Bharathidasan song as 'Thamizhukkum amudhu enru paer'.. Stand corrected pls.

'அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள்
பெருமாளே! - திருவக்கரை திருப்புகழ் '

Dear Soundara Rajan,

Thanks for your compliments. In the film 'Panchavarnakkili', both the versions figure.

Original song "Thamizhukkum amudhendru per" by Bharathidasan, as sung by the heroine and "Avalukkum Thamizhendru per" by Vaali, as sung by the hero. One of the best songs, I like.

As I repeatedly tell, if one keeps saying 'thamizh', 'thamizh' ...., you will hear
'Amizhthu', 'Amizhthu' ..... That is the greatness of our language.

Fantastic pannvalan-ji. I urge you to write more often.

Thank you, Hari. I have already written volumes in Tamil and as and when I feel, I will post a few in this website.

Regards,
pannvalan

congrats pann. and thanks.

another favour. is it possible to give a poet's commentary with those poems. after all, a muse must have instigated a poem.

maybe you can tell us, if you don't mind the inspiration source for the poem. a sort of commentary really.

also, for tamil challenged folks like me, if the tamil is a little bit classical, maybe a translation or simpler usage would also be most welcome.

good stuff.

A POET MUST SPEAK ONLY THROUGH HIS POEM

Thanks Kunjuppu.

I am very particular about using very simple words that are still in use, so that they can be understood even by a 10 year old Tamil boy.

If the poet himself writes commentary for his poem, the poem will lose its splendour. Moreover, I personally believe a good poetic work shall give different meanings (not opposite to one another) to different individuals and to the same person, on different occasions. (No poet prefers to write commentary for his own poem and to my knowledge, no one has done it also.)

Thondi edukka, edukka, pudhaiyal pola vandhu konde irukka vendum. Engum nindru poi vida koodathu.

Another important feature of a good poem is, it must strike a common chord with everyone who happens to read or hear it.

I usually write verses that can be set to music and they conform to Tamil grammar, in terms of seer, thalai, osai and ani. Therefore, there will not be any difficulty in understanding if one hears a poem, for the second time at least.

But, the background and the source of inspiration for a particular work can be shared with all.

Please forgive me, if any boasting is seen.

Last edited:
My intention is not to tease those who do not have an ordinary level of fluency in Tamil. On the other hand, I wish those who read my works must be propelled to read more and more so as to improve their Tamil knowledge.

"Selai kattiya thenral" -- my most favorite part of this poem! A nice composition, with soft, melodious similes, with a very few exceptions. Please create and post more.

~ Raghu Sankaran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back