• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Truth to eternal truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRUTH TO ETERNAL TRUTH

Truth accepts transparency. Transparency ensures there is no discrimination. When there is no discrimination, participation at a higher level will result. Larger participation encourages challenging some core beliefs. Challenging core beliefs promote greater enlightenment and sharing of wider and deeper knowledge. Ultimately, eternal truths are revealed to everyone present.

I would welcome and be appreciative if the TRUTH TO ETERNAL TRUTH is put in simple language with some explanations wherever necessary/possible so that many like me can well understand.
Thank You.

1. Truth wears no veil.

2. Truth welcomes all and for it, everyone is equal.

3. Because of this demonstrated equality, people/living beings in larger numbers are
attracted towards it.

4. Since large number represents divergence also, people are allowed to question
the very basics/fundamentals.

5. When there is a real and purposeful debate, without criticism for criticism's sake,
interpretations from different perspectives are presented and analysed.

6. People gain a huge amount of knowledge out of which each picks up only what
he/she wants and what suits him/her.

7. Since the substance that has been selected collectively are the different shades of the same in
all the cases, though it is in countless forms, shapes and contents, it is the eternal truth.

Last edited:
TRUTH TO ETERNAL TRUTH

Truth accepts transparency. Transparency ensures there is no discrimination. When there is no discrimination, participation at a higher level will result. Larger participation encourages challenging some core beliefs. Challenging core beliefs promote greater enlightenment and sharing of wider and deeper knowledge. Ultimately, eternal truths are revealed to everyone present.
"When there is no discrimination, participation at a higher levelo will result" -- How? Please elaborate.

"When there is no discrimination, participation at a higher levelo will result" -- How? Please elaborate.

What happens generally in a meeting? The elders/the powerfuls dominate the scene. The subordinates/youngsters, though having a valid point, are not given opportunity for speaking it out. If and when there is no discrimination, then only all will be emboldened to present their view points and a better discussion and a better solution is possible.

Dear Pannvalan sir,

What is the truth???

Poiymaium vaimai idatha purai theernda nanamai payakum enin.

Might be eternal sake, truth will help us. But to reside in this world along with the others, truth will not help us. You may say that, truth will save finally. that and all are simple cinematic dialogues. If you want to live in the survival of the fittest condition, truth is of least importance.

In this yuga, according to the yuga dharma you have to search the truth. It is not easy to maintain it. Hardly a day will pass without saying a lie. In your official environment (totackle boss), in family ( to tackle wife or relatives). See even in the bus, we will say that we dont have the correct change though we have it. If you ask a child the reason for not doing his homework, he will say current-cut for the past whole night. Like this, lies are acting today as the truth. For the sake of thread, it will be nice I think. Is there any raja Harischandra??

purai theerntha nanmai payakkum poyyum poythaan. Veda says "Satyam vadha" meaning "speak the truth". In life we may come across situation in which telling a lie comes to us naturally like what has been said by Mr Durgadasan above. But you have the freedom to tell the truth or to keep quite. You need not tell the lie. Try to tell only the truth and to keep quite when you cannot tell the truth. Life will be different.That is what Mahatma Gandhi did. That is what our Acharyas are doing. You create a situation when they will have to tell a lie. They will just say Narayana, Narayana and move away.That is the trick. Vedas are very brief and are economic when it comes to words. So many of the vedic trruths will appear to be just commands and aphorisms. Vedas could have elaborated and said that if you tell a lie, your health will be affected because every time you tell a lie you are actually giving a jolt to your heart. But it was not to be. It is just said "Satyam vadha". It is a different story that human civilization discovered lie detector from this truth forgetting the advice completely. We are going about telling lies happily day in and day out and defending elaborately telling they are purai theerntha nanmai payakkum poykal.You tell mey or poi is your take.

I feel Truth is always Eternal. There is no substitute for Truth.

Till 1967, Fort Saint George (Seat of Power of Tamilnadu) had the slogan `Sathya Meva Jayathe'. CNA translated it into Tamil and wrote `Vaaimaiye Vellum
வாய்மையே வெல்லும். Normally it should have been translated as Unmaye Vellum உண்மையே வெல்லும்.

Press correspondents asked CNA whether he doesn't have belief in truth. CNA invoked a famous Thirukkural

வாய்மை எனப்படுவது யாதெனில் யாதொன்றும் தீமை இலாத சொல்

A harmless word is known as `Vaaimai'.

He justified it saying one should not talk truth always. He narrated the following story also:- An ordinary person was chased by a well built rowdy. The ordinary person went into hiding, which we know. If the rowdy asks, we should say, `I don't Know'. If we talk truth in that place, we are helping the rowdy.

Please decide which is correct - Unmai or Vaaimai.

All the best

Probabaly we should say narayana narayana narayana, according to suraju sir. (Iam just kidding sir. Dont take serious). But think of the situations like that. Swamijis can be like that. they are living with us, but they are not living like us. they are free from all sorta bonds. But we people depend on every thing. We have to adjust child, friend, parents, teacher, boss... Who will pressurise a swamiji. Swamis dont have worldily works at all. They can very well say like that. What about people like us????

You have brought out some profound concepts that will rather be difficult for the average persons to comprehend.
Please permit me to share some thoughts on this subject.
It is the writers conviction that “Truth is great and eternal’ (Sathyam Brahma Sanathanam) and everything is founded on Truth (Sarvam Sathye Pratishtitam) and Truth will set man free from all bondage.
But, in the present day, if one looks around, he will be horrified to see that Truth is the first casualty in any transaction – be it in the Govt, the state, business, family or even a simple personal relation. We do not speak the Truth; we only say what is appropriate to the occasion, what is pleasing to the other, or remain silent because discretion says so.
We all claim our religion or way of life is Sanatana Dharma. Its basic tenet is:
Satyam bruyaat, priyam bhruyaat,
na bhruyaat satyam apriyam
Priyam ca na anartham bhruyaat, yesha vo dharma sanatanah” (M.S.IV.138)
But how many of us are able to follow this in our daily life and to what extent?
What is Truth? is a perennial question.What does it mean for a statement to be true? This has been a subject of much debate in postmodernist circles, where the traditional view of truth as objective and knowable is no longer accepted. There are scientific truths, historical truths and philosophical truths - all only tentative. But when we come to religious truths, it raises a dispute, astorm, a conflict and so on. Why? Because religious truths are deemed eternal, believed to be true but not verifiable. And the truth of one religion is totally at variance from or even conflicting the truth of another.
I think it will be good to have a discussion on the 'Concept of Truth'.

Dear Akura ji

Truth will be a single component or multicomponent. I too think that it is a single component only. But, the question here is whether we can follow that under all circumstances. That too transparency (the beginning of this thread) cannot be followed in today's circumstances at all. Might be for this thread sake, we can fool and fun of others. But, as a practical thing, noone is harischandra here.

Dear Sri Durgadasan,
Most of the good things we may not be able to follow 100%.
Yet trial costs nothing . We must tend to ....... at least the goal and
the longing shall help better our state

Yes Akura ji,
I agree with you. Am also stating that only, we can try to be like harischandra, although we cannot be like him. As you said trial costs nothing. Also, I think noone lies when there is no need. Let I check myself. Atleast I will try one such situation daily...

Pranams

There was a separate thread captioned 'Truth' a few months ago.

This I started with a view to proceed further from 'truth' to 'eternal truth'.

Dear Venkataramani,

There are three ways of telling truth.

1. 'Mei' - Mei actually means body in Tamil. So, telling truth thro' body is 'mei'.

2. 'Vaaimai' - Telling truth using mouth by spoken words/statements is 'vaaimai'.

3. 'Unmai' - Telling truth thro' one's heart is 'unmai' (Ullam plus mai)

Therefore, truth is to be told thro' manam, vag and kayam.

Of these, 'mei' is not as eloquent and visible as the other two.

Next, unmai could be told only in the close circles. Or, it can be buried under 'mounam' too.

But, 'vaaimai' is our statements/speech, which we have to use with everybody we see, we interact and wish to meet or who approach us for some help/information.
In such a situation, mounam is of no use. Here, vaaimai scores over the other two.

Hence, there is nothing wrong in the phrase "VAAIMAIYE VELLUM".

in 1967, one of the first acts, which brough rajaji in collision with dmk was the changing of the state logo to tamil.

rajaji, writing in kalki at that time, maintained that there was no equivalent in any language to the sanskrit 'sathyam' and went on a long justification (all in tamil ofcourse).

i did not agree with rajaji then. i don't agree even now, 42 years, for i believe, that every language has a power and depth, and a beauty in itself.

it did not behoove well to compare the sathyam with வாய்மை particularly considering the political sensitivities re hindi, sanskrit of those times.

personally, i am ok with CNA's justification of வாய்மை as being more appropriate than உண்மை.

what surprised me most, was that dmk, known for its anti hindu rationalist views, left the sriperumbudur temple as is in the logo.

not sure, if the temple logo will face challenge in the future years though...

what surprised me most, was that dmk, known for its anti hindu rationalist views, left the sriperumbudur temple as is in the logo.

The gopuram in TN government logo is that of Thiruvillipuththoor temple (Andal's birth place). Perhaps you are referring to some other logo.

Unrelated to this, CNA, for all his knowledge and intellectual abilities, was a demagogue. I suppose a demagogue is far better for the people than the clepto-gogues who are ruling TN in turns.

Cheers!

dears NAMO NAMAHA.truth is only eternal.by telling a lie one should be always alert and should always remember what had been uttered by him. other way he may gothold of at any time.the path of TRUTH and the way to IT may not be a trodden one.at any time it may cought hold of the individual.the worldly truth is some thing different.it may varry from person to person since it deponds upon the result (yielding good). as correctly pointed out above that which would make good (even if it is a lie)that may be the truth.but the ETERNAL TRUTH is ONE which is beyound every,any thing/dimension.in front of that lie(false) can not with stand.time woud change it.(e.g)AMAAVASYA before the MAHABARATHA UDDHA&POORNIMA in case of ABHIRAMA BHATTER.to attain the real "ETERNAL TRUTH " life with truth would lend an helping hand.'LET KNOWBLE THOUGHTS COME FROM ALL SOURCES/DIMENSION &SIDES." with namaskars v.lalithakumar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back