• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What's the Significance of Navratri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen

Life is a dream
Staff member
During Navaratri, we invoke the energy aspect of God in the form of the universal mother, commonly referred to as "Durga," which literally means the remover of miseries of life. She is also referred to as "Devi" (goddess) or "Shakti" (energy or power). It is this energy, which helps God to proceed with the work of creation, preservation and destruction. In other words, you can say that God is motionless, absolutely changeless, and the Divine Mother Durga, does everything. Truly speaking, our worship of Shakti re-confirms the scientific theory that energy is imperishable. It cannot be created or destroyed. It is always there.

Why Worship the Mother Goddess?
We think this energy is only a form of the Divine Mother, who is the mother of all, and all of us are her children. "Why mother; why not father?", you may ask. Let me just say that we believe that God's glory, his cosmic energy, his greatness and supremacy can best be depicted as the motherhood aspect of God. Just as a child finds all these qualities in his or her mother, similarly, all of us look upon God as mother. In fact, Hinduism is the only religion in the world, which gives so much importance to the mother aspect of God because we believe that mother is the creative aspect of the absolute.

I have enjoyed arranging golu dolls and managing to tell the kids about various mythological stories even by being in USA. I found a few rare dolls that we get only in tamil nadu at navarathri.com. They gave me a discount coupon too when i mailed them.
they also arrange golu competitions each year at navarathri.org

Lets all of us Celebrate the Spirit this Navratri with spirit of Lord Ram-

Before the final battle with Ravana,
Lord Rama sought the blessings
of Goddess Durga.
Lord Rama was told,
that he must offer 100 blue lotus flowers
to please the Goddess.
Lord Rama could find only
99 blue Lotus flowers
from all over the world.
HE Offered his blue eye
As a 100th blue lotus flower.
Goddess Durga was impressed.
She showered her choicest blessings on
Lord Rama.
Let us celebrate the spirit of Lord Rama
& seek Goddess Durga’s blessing
during Navratras!

yooooooooooooo pppppppppppppppl
Navratri is the time to exchange vethtalai paku among ladies.

Give me a five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back