• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

[Book Review] Supernatural

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen

Life is a dream
Staff member
I read a lot of non-fiction books about sci-fi, earth mysteries and like.

(non-fiction refers to those books [SIZE=-1]based on something that has happened or is happening.)

and this is one which has really opened a lot of questions about Religion, God and things.

The book is written by Graham Hancock and is called "SuperNatural"

[/SIZE]
Less than 50,000 years ago mankind had no art, no religion, no sophisticated symbolism, no innovative thinking. Then, in a dramatic and electrifying change, described by scientists as ‘the greatest riddle in human history’, all the skills and qualities that we value most highly in ourselves appeared already fully formed, as though bestowed on us by hidden powers.

In Supernatural Graham Hancock sets out to investigate this mysterious ‘before-and-after moment’ and to discover the truth about the influences that shaped the modern human mind.

His quest takes him on a journey of adventure and detection from the stunningly beautiful painted caves of prehistoric France, Spain and Italy to remote rock shelters in the mountains of South Africa where he finds a treasure trove of extraordinary Stone Age art.

He uncovers clues that lead him to travel to the depths of the Amazon rainforest to drink the powerful plant hallucinogen Ayahuasca with Indian shamans, whose paintings contain images of ‘supernatural beings’ identical to the animal-human hybrids depicted in prehistoric caves and rock shelters. And Western laboratory volunteers placed experimentally under the influence of hallucinogens such as mescaline also report visionary encounters with exactly the same beings. Scientists at the cutting edge of consciousness research have begun to consider the possibility that such hallucinations may be real perceptions of other ‘dimensions’.

Could the ‘supernaturals’ first depicted in the painted caves and rock shelters be the ancient teachers of mankind? Could it be that human evolution is not just the ‘blind’, ‘meaningless’ process that Darwin identified, but something else, more purposive and intelligent, that we have barely even begun to understand?
I havent seen this in India yet, last checked a month ago. maybe it has hit the book shelves now.
but you can buy it in Amazon

I'm confused - so if you ingest hallucinogens, you experience perceptions of seeing hybrid beings ?

so the trigger for manifesting these beings is the hallucinogens ?

So I guess the question is, do these postulated hybrid beings have an independent existence or are they merely imagined by the people who take these hallucinogens ?

so if you ingest hallucinogens, you experience perceptions of seeing hybrid beings ?

as per the book and its verified sources, yes.

so the trigger for manifesting these beings is the hallucinogens ?

not always but it is one way. in this book, he also tells about various other methods.
like for example, during our temple festivals, people walk on fire and or pierce themselves with "vel" these can also induce this seance like state.

So I guess the question is, do these postulated hybrid beings have an independent existence or are they merely imagined by the people who take these hallucinogens ?

he has stopped short of saying they are only imagined by people.
but it is left to individual beliefs and choices.

one of the main topics in this book is

how did the same type of cave painting appear in south africa, europe and in the americas when the archaeologists says mankind populated these areas of the world at various different stages and time.

it is the course of this search that the author experimented with hallucinogens in different places and experienced almost the same result.

he has also given some drawings drawn by those "shamons" during this state.

Fascinating - Will talk more about this

In the meantime, Praveen , do you have a list of all the email addresses of the people who registered here ?

Reason - it says more than 500 people are registered but people are hardly here. It might be a more effective to reach them by email.

Of course we should take care not to become a nuisance by SPAMMING them. Your thoughts ?

Fascinating - Will talk more about this

In the meantime, Praveen , do you have a list of all the email addresses of the people who registered here ?

Reason - it says more than 500 people are registered but people are hardly here. It might be a more effective to reach them by email.

Of course we should take care not to become a nuisance by SPAMMING them. Your thoughts ?

yes, i have the emails of the registered members.

most of them registered took a look and probably are busy with their daily lives.

if you have something in mind, get in touch send an email to me admin at tamilbrahmins.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back