• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kolapur and Pandaripuram

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am in chennai. Iwould like to have Dharshan at shridi. Can anybody give me details of how to plan my trip. Any other religious places near shridi

It is better to avoid visiting Shirdi on Thursdays or any holidays time like when children have their vacation.The ideal days would be Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday.Thre are quite a number of good decent hotels like Sai Leela around the Sai baba mandir and it is better to book the room well in advance.A three days trip will facilitate visiting other places like Thirayambakeshwar,Panchavati at Nasik and Sani signapur near Shirdi.
S.Sridharan

Pandaripuram (Pandarpur)is a great place to visit. It is the place where Pandarinathan was very devoted to serving his parents. One day when he was serving his father, Lord Krishna knocked his door. He informed him that even if you are God, please wait on the brick (Sengal), until I finish serving my father and threw a brick towards him. Panduranga, the Lord Krishna, was waiting on the brick. It is the only Kshethram where God is waiting togive dharshan to his devotees by keeping both hands on his hip. If you read "Bhaktha Vijayam", you will hear many many true incidents and experiences held in that place. The whole village is devoted to Pandurangan and always you can hear there "Vittala, vittala, vittala!!!!". Bhajana sambradhaya greatly cherish the "abanghams" sung by Marati people.

You can take any train going to Bombay and alight at Sholapur station. From station, take an auto to the bus stand there and get a bus to Pandarpur. It takes 2 hours to get there. You get nice lodges, choultries, to stay there. It is a great experience taking bath in "Chandhrabhaga" river in Pandaripuram. If you have not visited Manthralaya, on your return, you can do a break of journey at Manthralayam Road stop and visit Ragavendhrar's Mutt, samadhi, etc. It is really a very nice pilgrim place. I could enjoy both places by making a stay of 2 days in each places.

Visit to Mantralaya, Shirdi & Pandaripuram

Dear Srinivas :

Let me try to share my experience on how we covered these 3 places in about 5 - 6 days.If I am correct we started on a tuesday and returned on monday morning.

On day 1 night, we boarded a train going to Mumbai and alighted on day 2 morning at Mantralaya Road. Had a darshan of Mantralayam including Panjamukhi Anjaneyar and boarded again one more train which was going to Mumbai. [on day 2 night].

Day 3 morning we alighted at Daund station. There is a bus from Daund Station to Shirdi at 9.00 a.m. which took us to Shirdi around 1 p.m. We had darshan and halted on Day 3 at Shirdi.

Day 4 evening we boarded a train to Solapur from Kopergaon station..[some 18 kms away from Shridi]. On day 5 morning, we alighted at a station called 'Kurudvadi'
[this is some 50 kms before Solapur] and took a passenger train from Kurudvadi station to "Pandarapur'. This is 1 hour by train in the country side and a very enjoyable journey.

At Pandarapur, we stayed at 'Gaganasamaraj' guest house. Any auto walla will take you there. We halted at Pandarapur on Day 5. On Day 6 ie sunday we moved from Pandarpur thro the same passenger train in the morning around 11 a.m. to reach Kurudvadi around 12 noon. We took the Udayan express around 2.30 p.m. from Kurudvadi to reach bangalore on the monday morning day 7. In pandaripur you can also visit a place called 'Gopalpur' some 10 kms.

You will notice we planned the trip in such a way that night journeys by train in order to optimise on the time.

You may wish to skip Mantralaya since we read in the papers, that it still flooded and the link bridge is yet to be repaired.

Have a blissful trip..

Sanki

You could have visited Tuljapur Bhavani temple (family deity of Shivaji) and Akkalkot Swami Samarth ashram too. They are quite close by, by road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back