• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Recital of Quran by Kazis and Moulvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered whenever I heard Kazis/Moulvis reciting Quran verses
(through loudspeakers fitted outside the mosques). Many of them in
terms of intonation, modulation, rhyme and rhythm and pauses were in close resemblance to Sama Vedam. Has any one else noticed this rare phenomenon?

What could be the connecting factor? Can anyone please explain?

Dear Mr. Pann,

May be you mean the call for prayer (azan) than the actual recitation from Quran. The former definitely resembles our Sama Veda and many a time I have lost myself in it. BTW, the pure form of Islam detests any kind of music. While I do not have much regard for Islam as a religion, I go to a different world when I listen to the azan or Sufi music. I am not surprised by the connection. If Islam appeared just 1300 years back there definitely should be lot of things from which it got its inspiration from. There are a lot of Hindu influences in Islam but if I say so, I will be accused of a Hindu superiority complex.

Dear Sri pannvalan Ji,

Arabic, the language of Islam is poetic, like Sanskrit. In fact, Hebrew is also quite similar. The meters used are quite parallel. This is probably where you find the similarity.

Sri anadb Ji is not wrong. In India, where Sufi influence fully found it's home, hinduism did influence the 'Bhakthi' movement within Islam, which is Sufism.

Regards,
KRS

To Sree KRSji. You are correct,Sufism based upon the real essence Islam teachings, the sufies are veg and their songs teaches about inner light and sound. s.r.k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back