• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anyone know auto-rikshaw Tamil?

Dont worry.

T.K. Parthasarathy said:
I would like to learn.

Thank you.
Hi TKP,

Dont worry pretty soon, you will start hearing it in temples, when they are allowed to do poojas.

But why do you want to learn it? Planning for some haloween costume show to scare the kids?

Kudumi,

If I did not know any beter, that was already happening. Have you seen some of the priests at these temples? I have one word to describe them: FRAUD. One can only imagine the sheer levels corruption inside these temples... yet nobody would dare question their integrity.

TKP

kudumi said:
Hi TKP,

Dont worry pretty soon, you will start hearing it in temples, when they are allowed to do poojas.

But why do you want to learn it? Planning for some haloween costume show to scare the kids?

" Enna Naina, inna vonum unkku ? vootla solltu vantiya ? nambalandaye kalaikkiriya ? keesiduven, bemani, somari....inna dabaikkiriya....da kundu mein, yenga povano ? bada bejara keedhu pa "

This may be treated as the "bala paadam" which i have tried to recall from my chennai days.....current chennaites could be of more help to you.

Poriki

I think you are referring to a dialect of the Poriki language. Widely spoken all over Chennai, especially by college students who have got in through quotas, auto-drivers, tea-shop patrons, and other sundry folks. It provokes great glee, particularly if a group of speakers get together. It is best spoken with exaggerated gestures, in a rapid tone, and is a key criterion to joining a Kazhagam party. Indications are that it may soon replace "Tamizh" as the first/second language taught in schools. If you need more details, please ask.

Kindly tell us more :) ..... If someone has the time, they can compile a " English to Pokiri translation guide to suit the occasion"

Example :

English: To take someone to task

Pokiri: "YO! Inna ??"

Latest ads

Back