• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

21 gun salute !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sapr333

Its all about this newly added feature, The Music Player, which is now adoring our front page.

On 26th July, I have put in a small request about this in ' 1 member 27 guest' thread', and, kept my fingers crossed. Suprisingly,like a fast track TADA court, within 5 days the mission got completed,and its indeed picture-perfect..

Shri.Praveen, thank you so much,for giving ears, to my usually, 'Being Normal is Boring' kind'a requests.

For an onlooker, it may look like, just another addition of yellow button, but the time & arduous design work put in were, indeed so huge.. For eg, while testing the feature in sand box behind the screen, I must have sent quite lot of finicky PM's for trying out different type of players, location of icon, finding space in the forum, selection of songs, bandwidth,trials/retrials, access restrictions etc etc...

Upon launch, I got much more excited, esp,by seeing the wide collection of songs.. esp, Bharathiyar Songs, 40's M.S collection,Pirava Varam Tharum, Kani Nilam vendum,parashakthi etc etc.. If not for this forum, I wouldnt have got a chance to listen to those albums. And also I thank Shri. Kujuppu for determinedy voicing a wonderful suggestion insisting on 'Tamil-Carnatic collection',which got promptly implemented here too

Having said that, now, the onus is on us to appreciate and thank someone's good work and time-spent..

In this light, Please join me in thanking shri.Praveen, for offering us this wonderful feature.. He deserves a '21 Gun Salute' .

Last edited:
sapr,

why stop with 21 guns?

let the red carpet be rolled, 'hail to the chief' played (in the music player ofcourse .) ) and a roaring round of applause ..

good stuff praveen...thanks very much

Thank you Shri.Kunjuppu for the prompt response with the added applause..

Btw, frankly,Im quite disappointed with the members response, in coming out of their shell to appreciate, someone's good work, for a good cause..Some times I feel, instead of singing "Hail to the Chief' , the situations warrant me to sing, 'God Save the Queen'..

Im getting disappointed too much!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back