• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahminical Life a laughing stock in TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ksksat27

Hi All,

I am Krishnamoorthy(smartha iyer)from Srirangam,Trichy.

I recently joined this wonderful forum.

Nowadays brahminical life style and way of speech is an easy target for making fun of in TV and cinema.
Apart from that Krishna,Rama,Shiva and other Gods are being degraded like anything esp the songs of nature "Tirupathi yezhuamal venkatesha....","Krishna krishna niyo krishna ennoda favourite god ni" etc.

As if Venkatesha has no other job than to help this idiots for their lust in the form of Kadhal.

My blood boils on our target in each and every phase of life may it be education,job or anything.

We are not that much physically equipped to fight these barbarians in Tamilnadu I feel.

Members please comment more upon these issues.
Atleast by telling others we get some solace.

Thanks,
Krishnamoorthy

Hi Krishnamoorthy,

True.
for some reason we seem to have lost the will to fightback and have to an extent accepted these things in our way of life.

why, only the elders can say.

Hi All

I am Prasanna from Trichy, joined newly to this group thought of sharing my views
I dont think anyother community has been subjected to this much sattire like ours esp in all those mega serials shown on TV.My father use to say "they r making mockery of our culture but what to do when our own ppl watch those serials like anything"...Imagine what would happen if they adopt the same policy to other communities ...surely there will be outrage...since we brahmins r basically peace loving ppl they r using this to there advantage...somewhere there should be an end to this.

regards,
prasanna

Hi Everybody,
This is Sriram from Trichy........
See one of the root cause for this sort of humiliation to our community is Cinema only....you know how pathetic mentality people have...Of course in a place or other somebody could have opposed or caused a dis respect to our community....but the crux here is why should these cinema people make a false propaganda? Then other important issues is politicians make politics with caste............ Eventhough we face a lot of problems in society, I am really proud to be a Brahmin. Take any department in the government or research or top most designation in most of the IT companies, you can find our Brahmins. Even it is proved scientifically most of our rituals are really good to lead a health and peaceful life.So letz not take these rubbish comments from people and some politicians with ridiculous concepts(I hope u all might have guessed whom I am referring)....
Regards,
Sriram.

kprasannavenkatesh said:
I am Prasanna from Trichy, joined newly to this group thought of sharing my views
I dont think anyother community has been subjected to this much sattire like ours esp in all those mega serials shown on TV.My father use to say "they r making mockery of our culture but what to do when our own ppl watch those serials like anything"...Imagine what would happen if they adopt the same policy to other communities ...surely there will be outrage...since we brahmins r basically peace loving ppl they r using this to there advantage...somewhere there should be an end to this.

regards,
prasanna

hi,

nicely said by all. Its a amazing true fact that the most of all the high designated people belong to our community. Due to the dravidian movement started by periyar everything began to collapse, its being followed by the brainless politicians and common men. All began to accept the most rituals which we follow is nice one and truth is behind that. However we cannot fight with people like other religous people do, whom u can guess. True fact is that we believe in God than others, he will punish the people who behave untruthful to God. Moreover it is sad to say that more Brahmin people started eating non-veg items and not performing their duties like sandhyavandhanam. We should take the plus things from other religions too, if you could find a islam person in train, he used to do his duty of praying god even in the train, many times i have seen.

Edhu Nadandha dho adhu nanraga ve nadandadhu - Lord Krishna

So I like to make my point clear that we do our duty, as our seniors did. Don't find fault with others and quarrel with others.

I think no more reservations should be there in our complete system, making way for all, whoever have merits.

Sridhar R:)

This is true especially when we see the Icon of 'Mammi' being used as a sex appetiser in cinemas and songs creating lusty feeling with Brahminism as a centre stage. We should be parashurams in these times. I saw one recent film song by Vijay it goes like ' Tayirsadam some vadumanga...' . We should vehemently stop watching these films. We should starts a film watch page where we can post on new films and TV shows that have degrading comments on Brahmins and as a unit we can stop watching these films and discourage other people from watching them too. May be we can put an advertisement too in papers abt this.

Brahmins A Laughing Stock

Generations of vegetarianism & lack of physical labour or exercise have made the brahmins weak & timid. We lack both physical stamina and mental courage. Even if a brahmin eats meat now, exercises & develops a muscular body, he still lacks mental courage because his ancestors were vegetarians for generations. Moreover brahmins are a hopeless minority in Tamil Nadu. That is why people like Kavignar Arivumathi, Periyardasan, Tiruchi Anaimuthu, Veeramani, Advocate Ms.Arulmozhi, Suba.Veerapandian, Ponmudi,Perur Santhalinga Adigal, etc., make venomous speeches against the brahmins. There is a naxalite from Tirunelveli by name T.S.S.MANI who conducts the "Seidhigalum Nijangalum" programme daily at 8 a.m. on WIN TV. This "JILPA THALAIYAN" is a rabid brahmin-hater & he used to spread venom against "parppanar" & "parppaneeyam" daily till one day recently when a brahmin rang up Win TV and warned them about legal action. Now T.S.S.Mani has shut up his ass. One irony is that although T.S.S.M. is a brahmin-hater, he is an ardent supporter of Jaya Mami and the AIADMK ! IDHU EPPADI KEEDHU? Incidentally Win TV is at present run by a Muslim S.M.BAKKER of the THOWHEED JAMAAT which supports AIADMK! Actor (LATE) M.R.RADHA, who was a Telugu-speaking Naidu, was a follower of EVR and used to call the brahmins "PAAPPAARA NAINGA" (BRAHMIN DOGS) at public meetings & now both his son RADHA RAVI and daughter RADHIKA are in AIADMK and are close to Jaya Mami! AIDS Doctor KANTHARAJ, younger brother of former minister & assembly speakerK.RAJARAM, is also a brahmin-hater and he used to participate in TSS Mani's discussions on Win TV. Periyar DK leader TIRUCHI AANAIMUTHU is another rabid anti-brahminist and he used to say, "PAAPPAANUDAIYA MERIT EN SERUPPUKKU SAMANAM". Tamil Nadu is the worst place for any brahmin to live in. TN is a virtual hell for brahmins!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vegetarianism has definitely made people stronger. It has been proven to improve intellect and wisdom and the general goodness and morale. These are vital for survival than muscles especially for human beings. A good Satvic food along with some Rajasic ones are prescribed for todays world, but ironically even vegetarians tend to make their foods Tamasic ie food prepared more than 3 hrs before eating, food with adulteration and junk food with no value to the self eg Chips and cola. I feel if one can avoid such food then the true essence of being a satvic/rajisic vegetarian can be felt. As far as the people in TV who are propogating hatered I think it will be wise on our part to ignore such pretenders of intelligence. Those who work their wave out of emotions and false propoganda dont find themselves anywhere and vanish pathetically. The poverty and desire for fame and money makes these people take such pathetic steps due to their incapacity, poor things uhh?. No one can do anything to brahmins if only brahmins continue to follow the true essence of brahminsm and benefit out of it rather than bend themselves to the evil forces and budge to material existence of no real value.

Well Said kaundinya!!

I cannot agree with you more. It is very true that Brahmins have a deplorable mental courage and physical strength and we can only attribute this to our genes. Our reliance on vegetarian food, low protien diets, lack of animal protien have definitely contributed to timidity.

I also find there is general discouragement amongst Brahmin families for anything that is risky and not faling under the pattern of a modern brahmin life "Be born-> go to CBSE school-> study eng/mbbs/CA/law -> be a corporate slave/bank employee->dont spend too much start saving --> donttake risks-->marry and have two kids -->make them start this cycle-->grow old-->be spineless and join other spineless friends and not unite and rise against atrocities on your community"

It is very rare to see Brahmins in Army, Protests, entrepreneurship because we lack the aggression.

All brahmins have this attitude that goes "Namakku Yen Vambu?". Unless we come out of that shel and be aggressive, unite and rise against atrocities, Nobody including me, you or any other Brahmin has the right to whine about our representation in Media.

In fact, I would say, we deserve it.

But again, like you said vegetarianism and weak mindedness across generations have disabled us to think aggresively. The times have changed where Mahatmas can never win battles. You need to be a Tiger!

I definetly disagree with shuddhi

some of the greatest people of our times who have shaped our country (being veg Brahmins) in fields are

Enterpreneur -Narayana Murthy
Army/military - Krishnaswamy
Protest - Baba Amte

(these are just singular examples, one can give countless egs like this)

This is not to highlight a particular caste but to just to point out the fact that success and courage doesnt go with caste it is the felling within, the motivation and attitude of a person that makes a difference. The attitute makes a person and inspiration coming from the environment with the right usage of intellect and a purpose bent life counts for such remarkable citizens.

Being vegetarians aid in such processes very much, a diet of healthy vegetables and fruits would provide every essential ingredient for our lifes without the need to sacrifice animal lives. We can get the same amount of Carbo/fat/proteins from being vegetarians if not just vegans.
Isnt Ironic that Horse (muscular) is a Vegetarian , Elephant is a vegetarian, whale is a vegetarian and they all have active and 'power filled' (as quoted) life? Lion, and Tiger seldom hunt and most of the time stay sedentary.
In our everyday life we can see so many people who are experts in Martial arts and who follow strict vegetarian diet.

It is a shame to note that when the world over people are changing their habits to being Vegetarians and Vegans and switching to practise of Yoga, we have amidst us propogating meat eating and such practices. Vegetarianism helps a lot in shaping and keeping the body fit and comfortable.

It is worthwhile to change some attitutes inside the present day brahmins such as complacency, dependability and complaining nature and make the best of the limited resourses available combined with their ritual, religious, traditional practices along with the already established attitudes of Honest and righteouness following scriptures for their own betterment. This lead to a postive and productive side of life.

I definetly disagree with shuddhi

some of the greatest people of our times who have shaped our country (being veg Brahmins) in fields are

Enterpreneur -Narayana Murthy
Army/military - Krishnaswamy
Protest - Baba Amte

(these are just singular examples, one can give countless egs like this)

This is not to highlight a particular caste but to just point out the fact that success and courage doesnt go with caste it is the felling within, the motivation and attitude of a person that makes a difference. The inspiration coming from the environment with the right usage of intellect and a purpose bent life counts for such remarkable citizenships.

Being vegetarians aid in such processes very much, vegetarianism helps in controlling stress very much, a diet of healthy vegetables and fruits would provide every essential ingredient for our lifes without the need to sacrifice animal lives. We can get the same amount of Carbo/fat/proteins from being vegetarians if not just vegans.
Isnt Ironic that Horse (muscular) is a Vegetarian , Elephant is a vegetarian, whale is a vegetarian and they all have active and 'power filled' (as quoted) life? Lion, and Tiger seldom hunt and most of the time stay sedentary.
In our everyday life we can see so many people who are experts in Martial arts and who follow strict vegetarian diet and also a point to be noted thus non vegetarian diets cannot have just meat alone and need vegetables to live, where as vegetarians can live just with vegetables without the need for meat eating.

It is a shame to note that when the world over people are changing their habits to being Vegetarians and Vegans and switching to practise of Yoga, we have amidst us propogating meat eating and such practices. Vegetarianism helps a lot in shaping and keeping the body fit and comfortable.

It is worthwhile to change some attitutes inside the present day brahmins such as complacency, dependability and complaining nature and make the best of the limited resourses available combined with their ritual, religious, traditional practices along with the already established attitudes of Honest and righteouness following scriptures for their own betterment.
This lead to a postive and productive side of life.

First of all, nobody here is advocating meat-eating.

Just like there are so many advantages to being a vegetarian, there exists some disadvantages too. If you are not able to live with that fact then thats fine.

I would like to see a brahmin vegetarian who can bench 200 pounds in a whole set. I knew examples like Narayanamurthy, General Padmanabhan would come. But I am talking about the "propensity" of a person in a brahmin family to go to the army or be entrepreneurial. It can be seen in places like UK and USA where 99% of small businesses are owned by North Indians. Saravanaas managed to make some headway only recently into New York.

One example I would give in a world level is hollywod director M.Night Shyamalan. Coming from a tam brahm family of doctors and professors, his parents should be hailed to have the courage to let their son enroll in film school. It paid of very well didn't it?

He is the most well known person of Indian origin outside of India in a world level after 'Mahatma' gandhi

Yes Precisely, I can agree on this that there are some advantages and some disadvantages in being a veg or non veg ( u gotta live on mere fruits in some places being veg), it is to say that the disadvantages pointed out by you arent the true disadvantages of being vegetarians.

The propensity as you calculate is to be reflective of the population and it depends on the motivation and personal influence of an individual (as said be4) rather than the cast or mere food habits.

In UK or USA its true that most business families who have set up businesses are from indians from the north and most of them are Gujarathis and of this 99% you said almost atleast 80% are very very strict vegetarians. But also a considerable fact is that there are also many indians from the south who have good business tie ups like Textiles etc in the UK and USA.

Many Sardarji's (Sikh) are total vegetarians and they are in Army in large number (Many can take 200 pounds easily!!!). Jains as a business community are a floursing lot and are vegetarians.

Night shyamalan whom you quoted is a good example because of his environment has shaped himself very well. (He grew in US,-a second generation US citizen) His parents & relatives were against him intially in taking up films and wanted him to be a doctor like them but he resisted and cut through the order and made himself.

Another person you may also like to quote is Vishwanathan anand, a pucca Indian who is well known than Night Shyamalan around the world in terms of popularity index.

All these very clearly proves the fact that being vegetarians is in no way an impediment to growth but one should reap the benefits of it in ones own actions. Vegetarianism is definitely a healthy way to live and let live.

Anyway I think we have already gone far ahead digressing from the core topic of 'Brahminical life and TV', if we should continue I fell we can start a new topic for the Discussion.

Last edited:
Vegetarianism

As far as I am concerned, I am NOT AN ADVOCATE OF MEAT-EATING. In fact I myself am a strict vgetarian. I only said that it is generations of vegetarianism combined with lack of physical labour/exercise that is responsible for the timidity of south Indian brahmins. This timidity can also be called SATTVA GUNA. In fact a brahmin must be "sattva guna-sampanna".Even the Bible says that timid people will inherit the earth. But mere sattva guna without spirituality is of no use. Brahmins should revive at least elementary practices like sandhya vandanam & gayatri-japa. Otherwise we will be brahmins in name only.
Mr.Ashgene jumps to conclusions. A person who says that timidity is the result of vegetarianism DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY BECOME AN ADVOCATE OF MEAT-EATING. Moreover I have not so far come across a vegetarian Sikh.The only known exception perhaps is Ms.Maneka Gandhi. I know that Baba Amte is a Maharashtrian but I don't know whether he is a brahmin or not. But most Maharashtrian brahmins (like Chitpavan Brahmins, Saraswat Brahmins & Gowda Saraswat Brahmins) are non-vegetarians.
Not only brahmins but non-brahmin communities like Vellala Mudaliars of North T.N., Tirunelveli Saiva Vellala Pillais, Kanakkars(Karuneegars) of T.N., Marwari & Gujarati Jains who are vegetarians are more timid than non.veg. non-brahmins. Aggressiveness often lands a community in trouble, the classic example being the Muslims. The aggressiveness of Muslims is due to their heavy consumption of meat.
There is another theory that the more evolved ones among the non-brahmins are born as brahmins in their next birth. So sattvic people among non-brahmins are born as brahmins. Naturally Brahmins are sattvic or timid!!!

I don't understand why people view things with a pessimistic approach. I've known lot of people, even from other religions who treasure having brahmin friends and praise them for what they are.But no one can say all brahmins are good. It depends from person to person.It exists in all religions, no one is good or bad, it depends upon the discretion of each. And as to the laughing stock, it's just that these gods are famous enough and people trust them more that they are been called for help. i know i shouldn't be using gods, coz god is one. It's jus the names that they give. No brahmin is superior to other, may be , to put it this way, each person is superior in his own way. No hard feeling, films are meant only for entertainment.There are songs mentioning even gods of other religions. What's wrong in portraying a brahmin character.I wonder if brahmins are superhumans, don't they have feelings, emotions? Are they not for love, lust ? Everything depends upon one's view and mind set..you are what you think..let all humans be optimistic( even brahmins, im particular)

I dont find where the concept of pessimism and optimism comes here. It is more to do with self esteem and preventing redicule of a community just because of their tolerance and attitude. The cheapest joy one gets is by rediculing another person and thats what is being happening in India as far as against Brahmins are concerned and unless some legal protection and restrictions are made this would take a long long time to solve or dissolve.
Personally your philosophy of one God can be acknowledged but this is just one school of thought that you belong to. There are many facets with in Hindusim for this.

Fantastic identification of issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to spread awareness and get more people to network?

I don't mean to say that talk is everything but how do we go about registering our voices?

I am a Iyengar brahmin too! but I can surely understand why periyar had to go to that extent to liberate his people from brahmins. The reason they do is because they were insulted. Btw, I also see all those brahmin songs, things in TV, I dont take it too personal like you guys, I just laugh along with the joke!. I dont really blame them actually If you look at Laws of Vishnu, it is totally derogatory not just to non-brahmins, but to women as well!. I dont understand if Vishnu is indeed a GOD, why would he write or lay a law something that is so deragatory to non-brahmins and/or womans. If they are all humans, and all are created by GOD, they are all same in his eyes!. GOD cannot discriminate, instead of cribbing why they do what they do, can someone explain, why Laws of Vishnu or so deragatory?. That was one of the cause for entire discriminatory tendency towards non-brahmins by brahmins isnt it?.

I am an Iyengar brahmin too! but I can surely understand why periyar had to go to that extent to liberate his people from brahmins. The reason they do is because they were insulted. Btw, I also see all those brahmin songs, things in TV, I dont take it too personal like you guys, I just laugh along with the joke!. The more you resist the more they do as well. This applies to anything actually, Psychology 101 actually. I dont really blame them actually for all these. If you look at Laws of Vishnu, it is totally derogatory not just to non-brahmins, but to women as well!. I dont understand if Vishnu is indeed a GOD, why would he write or lay a law something that is so deragatory to non-brahmins and/or womans. If they are all humans, and all are created by GOD, they are all same in his eyes!. GOD cannot discriminate. Instead of cribbing why they do what they do, can someone explain, why Laws of Vishnu are so deragatory?. That was one of the cause (along with some phrases in vedas) for entire discriminatory tendency towards non-brahmins by brahmins isnt it?.

And for some of those who pride themselves to be a brahmin, I am not really sure what do you mean by it. But then, if you look at the achievements by brahmins, obviously why wouldnt we, we were the dominating community and had access all educational institution, while our non-brahmin counterpart was toiling in the sun in addition to the insult that is being shown to him.

I mean no offence to anybody, but it really irks, when someone says, brahmins have acheived so much (in real terms, the achievements are nothing, compared to the world). it is time brahmins owe up to their past actions and work among other communities for everyone's betterment.

I am not angry at non-brahmins actually, I am angry at brahmins actually. Why they did what they did?. My ancestors insulted everyone and created a bad reputation for me and for my successors on top of it it is gonna follow me throughout no matter whether I am like it it not!. This is what they say in tamil, "appan thappu, pillaiyai thodarum" (dads mistake follows son), some people take it literally I guess meaning, every fathers mistake follows his son (in some case, this is true), but actually, what they mean by it is the ancestors mistakes follows the sucessors! after generations. They felt invincible and were pushing the limits to any extent never giving any thought what would happen if the tables were turned. anyway!.

By Rama, a final yr iit student who's organizing the protest....

I spoke to some people from other colleges... and as of now.. we
thought we would kick start our protests on 20th.

The plan is to sit at Anna Square near the Marina, and silently hold
posters and placards... which will show our commitment to the
upliftment of the downtrodden... but equally make it visible that we
do not see reservations as the means for the same.

Our message will essentially have the following main points:

1. We are against reservations.
2. We are for equality of all.
3. We are for upliftment of the deprived
4. We are for a caste free India

Some features of this will be ...

1. We all wear only white clothing. This will symbolise peace.
2. We have posters/placards in Tamil and English.

We would like to have a decent number of people participating in the
same. It will be for just an hour or two. Hence, I request anyone
who can make that much time to come over and join.

Lets get going.

the protest is on saturday in the evening at 5..those willing to
join..pls join the chennai against reservation forum on orkut...

get as many ppl as u can into the protest

srkpriv said:
I am not angry at non-brahmins actually, I am angry at brahmins actually. Why they did what they did?. My ancestors insulted everyone and created a bad reputation for me and for my successors on top of it it is gonna follow me throughout no matter whether I am like it it not!. This is what they say in tamil, "appan thappu, pillaiyai thodarum" (dads mistake follows son), some people take it literally I guess meaning, every fathers mistake follows his son (in some case, this is true), but actually, what they mean by it is the ancestors mistakes follows the sucessors! after generations. They felt invincible and were pushing the limits to any extent never giving any thought what would happen if the tables were turned. anyway!.

Well, it just goes to show how the indoctrination is so complete that today brahmins are angry with their own ancestors. Why get brainwashed like this? Yes, brahmins did commit sins. But dont forget that they never ruled. And they never dominated business either. The laws were enforced by the kings who were kshatriyas. In spite of that, today many of those castes hardly feel guilty. In fact some of them are enjoying benefits like reservation. In places like Andhra the worst sins were committed by the reddys, in karnataka it is the same story. You don't find them feel so guilty, do you?

Sadhak

Sadhak>> "In places like Andhra the worst sins were committed by the reddys, in karnataka it is the same story. You don't find them feel so guilty, do you?"

Very simple, somebody is doing something bad? so does it make it okay? it certainly doesn't. The line of logic about brainwashing is not even close!. When you do some atrocity against other minorities other castes, the brahmins should have protested, you cannot sit in the cover of Kshatriyas put the rules, kings put the rules, man what can I do, I am only benefitting out of it. It is not like the Kshatriyas and Kings where doing it for brahmins benefit, they did it for themselves, and luckily you were on to the top fo the food chain and enjoyed all the benefits. Now it was good while it lasted, and it is time to pay up for the mistakes. See the whole line of people feeling proud abot our ancestors, you can feel proud surely for the acheivements, everybody do, what about oppressive behavious? do you feel proud for that too!. GEt out of brahmin mindset. work among people, be the first to rehabilitate the oppressed. Not just for our sake for the sake of hinduism, becuase in another 50 years, you are gonna see, the islamic and christian (not to mention others) population triple or quadruple, at that time, no body is gonna hear you. all you will be left is your pride. If you look at history the winners write (or re-write) the history and I am certainly sure nothing is gonna be positive for brahmins (for hinduism as well) my friend!.

Sadhak>> "In places like Andhra the worst sins were committed by the reddys, in karnataka it is the same story. You don't find them feel so guilty, do you?"

Very simple, somebody is doing something bad? so does it make it okay? it certainly doesn't. The line of logic about brainwashing is not even close!. When you do some atrocity against other minorities other castes, the brahmins should have protested, you cannot sit in the cover of Kshatriyas put the rules, kings put the rules, man what can I do, I am only benefitting out of it. It is not like the Kshatriyas and Kings where doing it for brahmins benefit, they did it for themselves, and luckily you were on to the top fo the food chain and enjoyed all the benefits. Now it was good while it lasted, and it is time to pay up for the mistakes. See the whole line of people feeling proud abot our ancestors, you can feel proud surely for the acheivements, everybody do, what about oppressive behavious? do you feel proud for that too!. Get out of brahmin mindset. work among people, be the first to rehabilitate the oppressed. Not just for our sake for the sake of hinduism, becuase in another 50 years, you are gonna see, the islamic and christian (not to mention others) population triple or quadruple, at that time, no body is gonna hear you. all you will be left is your pride. If you look at history the winners write (or re-write) the history and I am certainly sure nothing is gonna be positive for brahmins (for hinduism as well) my friend!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back