• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Clarification reg. theetu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be grateful if any reader can clarify the following:-
1. What is "Theettu"? Is there any scientific reason for it?
2. Why it is observed for both good and bad happenings? e.g. Birth of a child as well as death of relative.
3. Why it varies with different relationship?
4. During Theetu days we cannot light the lamps, or do pooja or even visit temple. why?

The Scientific approach for this. All the living beings in the earth is produced by Five elements and activated by Seven Planets excluding Rahu, the South Pole and Kethu the North Pole.

Rahu is just mixing the Electromagnetic force that it receives from Six planets (Moon is Separate) and Moon's magnetic force is sucking the electromagnetic force from the Earth which is Identified as Nakshatras., which is Na-Kshetra in Zend the Shadow! This is Identified as Stars.

When a moving body, animals, birds and human birth takes place, the Sense is activated by the Planets, which is making our body grow, and when the heat reduces we feel old age!

At that time death occurs., and as all of you know we are having having blood relations like father, Mother, Sister brother (Saha- Udhiran) who shared the same mothers blood in the womb, whose vibration also affects us.

This is called re lation (Re laid) and if he meets a danger our seventh sense activates its nerves and the vibration from his body enters in our body like a signal and alert us.

So the body and mind of the human in between relation is closely woven like an intercom that connects the Home.

At that time of death pollution, the entire vibrations stays within our body for 10 days and affects our body and mind, which also sends vibration from us to outer side.

We prefer to stay away from others so that the Vibrations doesn't affect the visitor.

If a man visits a funeral he is asked to wash his foot and go to bath room to take dip., so that the vibration is washed away.

Same is for birth also.

In menses time, the girls body let out a smell and vibrations that will affect the boys badly which will bring anemic to the boys.

At the time of Menses, the Hemoglobin in the girls body disappears and loosing iron and it needs more oxygen. Suppose if a teenager is nearby, the girl's body automatically sucks the vibration from the male and transfers to the girl to compensate them.

So the Theettu is nothing but vibrations that will affect our body and mind.

To Mr Ramachandran,A very good Scientific answer, but the Orignal questin is no of days the etu various form person to person,Son 12 days daughter 3 days etc, can you expl. S.R.K.

The body of the women is entirely different from men. The uterus has an enormous power that accepts the male's seed in it and it has the power to attract the vibrations from other Planets in the Universe which forms the Mind of the baby which activates the life energy and makes it grow!

Since the Vibration is different from men, the ladies are more powerful in vibrations., because of which if a man sees a women, he doesn't want to argue and goes calm. The death Pollution is only for three nights or thithis due to Moon's sucking of energy. You know very well that Moon will stay in one rasi 30 deg for 2 and a half days. Since Moon moves out of rasi, the thithi, she is relieved from the pollution.

Where as the man is not relieved as he has electrons in his body and the vibration will stick on.

If you happen to near a person who is performing the rites you will feel them. His body will give a different smell and your power will be pass on to him. His vibrations will penetrate in to your body and try to pull the Magnetic force and you will be tired like a hell., that will affect your body and mind.

Secondly, the girls birth place may be one and she marries other home so that the vibration belongs to some one else.

Based on this the horoscope formed and matching was done for marriage.

rama,

theetu is another concept of ritual pollution. i think it is all in the mind.

i know of only one other group who follows theetu, and that is the orthodox jews. the jews' concept of kosher, if practised per their laws, is even more stringent than our theetu.

i am not even sure if our north indian brahmin cousins follow the theetu concept. i don't know, but having visited quite a few of those households in india, could not discern anywhere, the mami of the house being a reluctant hostess, standing beyond the door, and peeping in.

i think it degrades women and once again exposes them to unwanted attention.

ofcourse, we don't mind women going to work during their periods. during our days of mourning, we still go to work.

what i have found, is per each family, they follow theetu to suit their convenience. in my opinion, it is once again another example of twisting tradition to suit modern times. if we can tamper with such, i think we can with equal gusto, cast it out.

so all in all, like child marriage, widow disfigurement, dowry etc.. these concepts, i think, are outdated, and best consigned to history.

thank you.

Kunjuppu

Really nice reply.I accept your point.

so all in all, like child marriage, widow disfigurement, dowry etc.. these concepts, i think, are outdated

Great !

Thanks for giving nice explanations Mr. Ramachandran Sir, We follow in our house all this things like theetu, madi etc., my mother is very particular in following these rites, so i do follow. I have never questioned her, why should i do like this.

But now a days it has become a trend that, for everything people want scientic reasons. why sastra need to be explained in scientific terms. is science is superior to sastra? why people need a scientific base. is it possible to prove everything in the world to accept. follow guru, if your guru says accept that. why don't you teach youngters like us to accept the elders, without questioning? is it not possible to change the mind set of youngsters?

Sir,

The Scientific approach for this. All the living beings in the earth is produced by Five elements and activated by Seven Planets excluding Rahu, the South Pole and Kethu the North Pole.

Rahu is just mixing the Electromagnetic force that it receives from Six planets (Moon is Separate) and Moon's magnetic force is sucking the electromagnetic force from the Earth which is Identified as Nakshatras., which is Na-Kshetra in Zend the Shadow! This is Identified as Stars.

Sir, how does rahu, the north node, "mix" the electromagnetic force it receives from 6 planets? is there any scientific basis to this? And how does nakshatra become identified by the moon sucking electromagnetic force from earth? and i thot nakshatras are stars, or not?

When a moving body, animals, birds and human birth takes place, the Sense is activated by the Planets, which is making our body grow, and when the heat reduces we feel old age!

At that time death occurs., and as all of you know we are having having blood relations like father, Mother, Sister brother (Saha- Udhiran) who shared the same mothers blood in the womb, whose vibration also affects us.

This is called re lation (Re laid) and if he meets a danger our seventh sense activates its nerves and the vibration from his body enters in our body like a signal and alert us.

So the body and mind of the human in between relation is closely woven like an intercom that connects the Home.
At that time of death pollution, the entire vibrations stays within our body for 10 days and affects our body and mind, which also sends vibration from us to outer side.

Why specifically 10 days sir..some people may feel the pain of losing a dear one for a long time (for more than a year) and may remain depressed, and not want to meet other people.

We prefer to stay away from others so that the Vibrations doesn't affect the visitor.

If a man visits a funeral he is asked to wash his foot and go to bath room to take dip., so that the vibration is washed away.

can these 'vibrations' be washed away? or is it a symbolic act meant to get the mind to distract itself from the unfortunate event?

Same is for birth also.

In menses time, the girls body let out a smell and vibrations that will affect the boys badly which will bring anemic to the boys.

Sir, how on earth can a menstruating girl bring anemia to the boys?

At the time of Menses, the Hemoglobin in the girls body disappears and loosing iron and it needs more oxygen. Suppose if a teenager is nearby, the girl's body automatically sucks the vibration from the male and transfers to the girl to compensate them.

good god, so if the haemoglobin (hg) level drops in a girl, all she needs is to stay close to males to 'suck' hg or oxygen from them...no iron tablets needed i suppose..

So the Theettu is nothing but vibrations that will affect our body and mind.

The body of the women is entirely different from men. The uterus has an enormous power that accepts the male's seed in it and it has the power to attract the vibrations from other Planets in the Universe which forms the Mind of the baby which activates the life energy and makes it grow!

Since the Vibration is different from men, the ladies are more powerful in vibrations., because of which if a man sees a women, he doesn't want to argue and goes calm. The death Pollution is only for three nights or thithis due to Moon's sucking of energy. You know very well that Moon will stay in one rasi 30 deg for 2 and a half days. Since Moon moves out of rasi, the thithi, she is relieved from the pollution.

Where as the man is not relieved as he has electrons in his body and the vibration will stick on.

sir, is there any basis to saying that since moon moves from one rasi to another in 2.5 days, a woman is relieved from whatever are those 'vibrations'; but for a man these so-called vibrations stick on because he has "electrons" in his body? whatever happened to a woman's so-called 'electrons'? and what are these "electrons" that get vibrated or affected to cause or remove pollution? am sorry sir, but it sounds baseless..

If you happen to near a person who is performing the rites you will feel them. His body will give a different smell and your power will be pass on to him. His vibrations will penetrate in to your body and try to pull the Magnetic force and you will be tired like a hell., that will affect your body and mind.

mind affects the body is well known sir. Some people affect the other profundly is also well known, its all in the mind i suppose....

Secondly, the girls birth place may be one and she marries other home so that the vibration belongs to some one else.

sir, are you saying that 'vibration's caused by 'electrons' can be changed?

Based on this the horoscope formed and matching was done for marriage.

Thanks for giving nice explanations Mr. Ramachandran Sir, We follow in our house all this things like theetu, madi etc., my mother is very particular in following these rites, so i do follow. I have never questioned her, why should i do like this.

But now a days it has become a trend that, for everything people want scientic reasons. why sastra need to be explained in scientific terms. is science is superior to sastra? why people need a scientific base. is it possible to prove everything in the world to accept. follow guru, if your guru says accept that. why don't you teach youngters like us to accept the elders, without questioning? is it not possible to change the mind set of youngsters?

Here the Madi means with Clear mind and spell god's name., so that the cotton cloth has the power of god. Madi in Sanscrit means Deiva Chinthanai.

This finds a place in 1951 Edition of Oxford Sanskrit dictionary

The Vedic Science is 30,000 years old and was formulated in South Pole. The Axis of the Earth is Gayathri, and above it there is a column which was found by Zorathustra (May be Jeyachandra) who was ruling Iran in B.C. 8,000-7000, that column was divided by 60 and named astronomy circle. It was inscribed in gold plate.
When Muslims formed Mohammedanism, they grabbed that plate and engraved quern on that.

Based on Vedic astronomy present Hindu Calenders are formed and Horoscopes are written.

Dear Happy Hindu,

I wish all our brahmins to joi together and arrange a meeting where I will explain in person. I will answer all your question with the help of our risis who formed the Vedic astrophysics.

As I feel you wish to get a clear picture on this Vibrations, and its effects in human body,

If you have aththi palagai in near by your place, or an Atththi Maram, go and sit under it for 27 days in the morning between 6 and 7. You will get a vibration in your body and all your questions will be answered by nature. The Aththi maram has a vibration to suck the air from the body, you will see it your self. Take care.

If you get giddiness in a weeks sitting don't continue that as that will end in continuous head ache, spinning and may some time to nerves weakness too.

Or if time permits, I invite you to my house and ready to share my findings on Vedas with you.

My findings are 15 years work which search continues even to day, and I compleated my thesis on Vedas which is 600 Pages, but my guide want me reduce to 300 pages.

If you go through my thesis and help me to identify which part can be ignored in Vedas, I will be glad.

Looking forward in meeting you.

Dear happy Hindu,

Do you know why South Indians Ladies drawing Kolam in front of their house? Ok what is the science behind them?

Will bring Goddesses Lakshmi in to our house?

Why we light oil lamp in our house and the temple?

I need your sub questions which if answerable through this web site I will answer as other wise I need a personal meeting to be arranged.

thank you for the explanation, my question is why people want to explain the sastra in terms of sceince. why people have the mentality of accepting the sastra only if it is explained in scientific manner. my question is how far science is superior to sastra? how that mentality has been developed?

Su meaning The Superior, Subramanya su - superior Brahmanya - the Universe= Subramanya.
the same Su - Superior; Astra - the light (Electro magnetic force) rays from other Planets.
this converted to SASTRA

In olden days when a layman asked questions it was difficult to explain and a group who tried to explain took long time, and when they looked in the answers they gave they wanted to edit it. It again took time and people don't had time to listen them.

(Suppose if we go to a doctor he says that your ....... is affected and you take these tabs and syrups and go for these lab tests. You are not questioning him, just going to lab and doing them. What you needed is only result.)

So they branded them as sastras and sampradayas.

Vedic Science is 30,000 years old. The real truth! The English don't want us to grab that the Easterners are superior. But they grabbed every thing from Vedas and said it is their Own findings. In 1850, A Andhra Jameen presented a paper in Madras Literary society about MARS the Planet! The English accepted his findings and thereafter his whereabouts are not known! God alone know what happened to him.

It is not Galleleo who invented that Earth is a globe., it is in Vedas.

Further in Upanishad says the Sun rises in all directions and sets in all directions It is not the East alone it Rises, but also in west, south and North too.

In my PhD thesis I am mentioning this and explain how it happens.

Finally if they use the name of religion and invite God as witness no question will arise. So they branded the Chemistry as Sastra and to follow it is Sambradayas.

Again I am repeating the word, Vedic Science is pure Science which deals with all subjects from which modern science born.

It is not English or West, It is the East that discovered the Science, robbed by the west, hidden and melted and given a brand name.

Hundreds of Westerners were behind Vedas and every one wanted to find a branch publish them and patented them. The muscle power they had helped them.

Dear happy Hindu,

Do you know why South Indians Ladies drawing Kolam in front of their house? Ok what is the science behind them?

Will bring Goddesses Lakshmi in to our house?

Why we light oil lamp in our house and the temple?

I need your sub questions which if answerable through this web site I will answer as other wise I need a personal meeting to be arranged.

Shri.Ramacchandran,

You have only asked counter-questions to 'HappyHindus' post.. Why dont you attempt to respond to her..

For the arguement sake lets say, HH, doesnt know the objectives behind KOLAM.. why dont you attempt to answer that.. Thanks..awaiting your response.

SAPR 333,

I know many things but lack in presentation. The thesis is getting delayed because of this and Once my paper is presented I will present myself in a meeting.

Our rituals are 30,000 years old or may be more than that this I can prove.

If Time permits if you visit the Web

http://extratorrent.com/torrent/2003904/C.W.+Leadbeater+&+Annie+Besant+-+Occult+Chemistry+1+eBook+-+PDF.html

You may see interesting things.

Further I want to quote one thing here.
At the time of Mahara Sankarathi, we ask our priest "At what time the Thi Month takes its birth and enters in Mahara rasi?" The Prohit says it is at 14.30 Hrs.

OK what is this time slot?

Dear Sri Ramacchandran ji,

I have no intension of hurting you sir. In the past was trained partly in tantravidya and a form of yoga, both of which i did not follow over a period of time. However, am aware of the 'vibrations' you speak of. My questions were based on the fact that I found your explanation of theethu baseless.

I tend to justify theethu as the desire to present oneself as physically clean to God, nothing more. However, you have provided all sorts of explanations justifying theetu, and have even mentioned that a menstruating girl brings anemia to boys.

I wud greatly appreciate if you could answer my post http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showpost.php?p=23884&postcount=9 before we move on to your other posts.

Please note, am not questioning the veracity of vedic science, nor the validity of the scriptures. I believe in both. Wud greatly appreciate if you could quote which part of the vedas justify theethu, esp on the grounds that you have mentioned.

Thankyou.

Su meaning The Superior, Subramanya su - superior Brahmanya - the Universe= Subramanya.
the same Su - Superior; Astra - the light (Electro magnetic force) rays from other Planets.
this converted to SASTRA

In olden days when a layman asked questions it was difficult to explain and a group who tried to explain took long time, and when they looked in the answers they gave they wanted to edit it. It again took time and people don't had time to listen them.

(Suppose if we go to a doctor he says that your ....... is affected and you take these tabs and syrups and go for these lab tests. You are not questioning him, just going to lab and doing them. What you needed is only result.)

So they branded them as sastras and sampradayas.

Vedic Science is 30,000 years old. The real truth! The English don't want us to grab that the Easterners are superior. But they grabbed every thing from Vedas and said it is their Own findings. In 1850, A Andhra Jameen presented a paper in Madras Literary society about MARS the Planet! The English accepted his findings and thereafter his whereabouts are not known! God alone know what happened to him.

It is not Galleleo who invented that Earth is a globe., it is in Vedas.

Further in Upanishad says the Sun rises in all directions and sets in all directions It is not the East alone it Rises, but also in west, south and North too.

In my PhD thesis I am mentioning this and explain how it happens.

Finally if they use the name of religion and invite God as witness no question will arise. So they branded the Chemistry as Sastra and to follow it is Sambradayas.

Again I am repeating the word, Vedic Science is pure Science which deals with all subjects from which modern science born.

It is not English or West, It is the East that discovered the Science, robbed by the west, hidden and melted and given a brand name.

Hundreds of Westerners were behind Vedas and every one wanted to find a branch publish them and patented them. The muscle power they had helped them.

Thank you Ramachandran Sir.
Gomathi

1) Another scientific reason could be - You or a new born may get infected with a unknown or undisclosed virus if you are get in touch with those places.
2) During the period the women are weak and un-hygenic ( not any more !) and they may be prone to severe health problems or even the people who are in touch with the women in her menstural cycle

There is a tamil book by name Dharmashastram ( try at Higginbothoms) which explains what is been written in Shastras

Regards

Dear Gomathi madam,
If this is to be done, we have to brought up the youngsters in such a way that they can follow the system in their future also. Everything is in the hands of MOTHER.

மகா தீட்டு

இந்த தேகம் நான் என்று எண்ணும் போதுதான் எல்லா எண்ணங்களும் எழும் . இந்த தேகம் தான் மகா தீட்டு . இதை நான் என்று பாவித்தேலே -மகா தீட்டு . எல்லா ஆசாரங்களும் இதைக்கடக்க கொடுக்கப்பட்ட படிகளே மடிகள் .
படிகளை தாண்டினால் தான் ??

akura,

your note is very cryptic. not sure in what context you have written this note

theetu can also mean dirt. so in a pure physical sense, your statement has some value, but like any theorem, it needs to be proved and qed'd.

i think, the issue here is conceptual impurity. i think it is all of the mind, and deep rooted in our caste system. i think the same goes for madi which is its corollary.

we try to explain it away in terms of cleanliness, and resort to some ancient explanations. it is probably because, in the present, we find it unpalatable but unwilling or uanble concede.

now akura, if you have told us, that sticking to inane social sadangus without any rhyme or reason, is a mahaa theetu, i would go along with you without any reservations.

or would you say those are 'mahaa paavams'?

thank you.

akura,

your note is very cryptic. not sure in what context you have written this note

theetu can also mean dirt. so in a pure physical sense, your statement has some value, but like any theorem, it needs to be proved and qed'd.

i think, the issue here is conceptual impurity. i think it is all of the mind, and deep rooted in our caste system. i think the same goes for madi which is its corollary.

we try to explain it away in terms of cleanliness, and resort to some ancient explanations. it is probably because, in the present, we find it unpalatable but unwilling or uanble concede.

now akura, if you have told us, that sticking to inane social sadangus without any rhyme or reason, is a mahaa theetu, i would go along with you without any reservations.

or would you say those are 'mahaa paavams'?

thank you.

I agree with you everything is projection of the mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back