• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shivambu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

i read as below that,

One in while Prime Minister Morarji Desai boasted that he was drinking his
own urine (Only one ounce a day but pure and fresh) daily in the morning and quoting the Vedas claim that one’s own urine has got medicinal value.
which is "Shivambu-Rishi"

So i would like to know is this is true ? And anybody following now in current life ?

uma

uma,

yes morarji used to drink his own urine everyday. this has been documented.

there was once a picture of him drinking his own urine. i looked all over the web for it, but was unable to find it.

morarji did not look very happy drinking his own urine. maybe because he treated it as a medicine. none of us enjoy partaking medicines.

shivambu is the indian name for urotherapy. morarji was affectionately termed shivambu rishi. there is no real rishi with that name, to the best of my knowledge.

you would be surprised that urine therapy and enema (favourite of gandhi) has a cult following in the western world. particularly the latter.

here is one website which has more information on shivambu

http://www.lescarney.com/amorli,_shivambu,_uropathy.htm

there are several others you will find if you google.

if you do decide to partake of your own urine, please have it chilled. and neither shaken nor stirred.

also, it might be a good idea, to ensure, that drinking one's own urine is legal in dubai. i suspect drinking another person's urine may be forbidden in islam, but please verify it is ok to partake of one's own urine :)

thank you.

ps.. we would like to hear from you, re your experience post urinatum

Last edited:
oh my god !:hand:

uma,

sincerely, not sure what this post means, along with the symbol.

i have answered your query, with more than a casual interest. to date 33 the post has attracted 33 viewings, and just a handful of responses.

i took the effort to find a suitable answer to your ponderings, along with some suggestions.

they were not out of jest or mockery. in another post, regarding drinking booze, one poster took my posts as a mockery.

please understand none meant here.

a shot of jest in a peg of thought, it may be, but never a glass of hemlock, my any post is. this, i state, from the bottom of my heart.

hope you take my reply in the same spirit.

thank you.

ps. heard that the modern bottled spirits available in dubai are easy to acquire and are very helpful to chase the erstwhile arabian spirits of those thousand nights (djinns) :)

Last edited:
Sorry about it ! I really doesn't mean to hurt you.

also, it might be a good idea, to ensure, that drinking one's own urine is legal in dubai. i suspect drinking another person's urine may be forbidden in islam, but please verify it is ok to partake of one's own urine :)

I did not understand the above.Why islam,dubai etc,etc

Sorry about it ! I really doesn't mean to hurt you.

I did not understand the above.Why islam,dubai etc,etc

... only because dubai, even though, from what i have heard is very liberal in publicly tolerating alcohol and western influences, might set a limit.

it is still a kingdom, ruled by a sheikh, who cannot antagonize the religious extremists too much

I think there is no such inscriptions,either in Indian (Hinduism) History,or even Epics age about the drinking of ones own urine as a Medecine.
Hinduism is a vast Encyclopedia which teaches and Preaches every thing needed for Mankind to suit all ages at all stages.
Hinduism even teaches Sex.For example Swami Nellaiappar Temple at Tirunelveli. Because Sex is also a part of everyones life.
But these sort of Rubbish is not Taught in Hinduism..
Morarji Desai may have Familiarised this rubbish in name of Medecine by naming it a Rishi, but it is not taught by any of our ancesters.
Every Rishi is having Followers.Gothram is supposed to be the Decendants.
Can any one prove that there is any Gothra by name Suyambu...in other words Moothra.
Moothirathai kudichalavathu Budhi varuthainnu parpom innu engamma solliyirukkanga,aanal yaravathu Moothirathai Kudichirukkangala endru indru varai enakku theriyathu.
Politicians are very Funny on those days...
Politicians are very Panni on today....

What about Cow Urine ?

Many useful elements have been found in urine. Some of them are as below :
Urea
Urea is a major element found in urine and is the end product of protein metabolism. It is strong antibacterial agent.

Uric acid
Uric acid is similar to Urea and has strong antibacterial properties. In addition it helps to control cancer-causing substances.

Minerals
Minerals from urine can be very easily reabsorbed as compared to those derived from food. Urine probably contains more different types of minerals than those derived from food. Urine becomes turbid if left alone for a while This is because when enzyme present in urine dissolve urea and change it into ammonia then urine becomes strongly alkaline making it difficult to dissolve rich minerals. Therefore stale urine looks turbid This does not mean that it has decayed Urine with a higher ammonical disorder content when applied to the skin plays an important role in beautifying it.

Back to Research Paper & Observation

Bioactive substance and hormones
Urokinase : Dissolves blood clots, helps in curing heart diseases and improves blood circulation.
Epithelium growth factor : Helps, repair and regenerate damaged tissues and cells
Colony stimulating factor : It is effective for cell division and multiplication.
Growth hormone : Shows different bioactive effects such as promotion of protein production, cartilage growth, fat decomposition.
Erythropoetine : Promotes production of red blood cells.
Gonadotropins : Promotes normalization of menstrual cycle and sperm production Kallikrin: -Releases kallidin that expands peripheral veins and reduce blood pressure.
Tripsyn inhibitor : Effective for prevention and healing of muscular tumor.
Allantoine : Heals wounds and tumors.
Anti-cancer substance : Anti-neoplaston, H-11 beta-iodole-acetic acid, directine, 3-methyl gloxal, etc. differ from chemotherapeutic drugs, which kill or injure all kinds of cells. They strongly prevent the multiplication of carcinogenic cells and return them to normal.

Nitrogen
It is diuretic & stimulates kidney naturally.
Sulphur
It increases intestinal peristalsis and purifies blood.
AmmoniaIt maintains integrity of body tissues and blood.
Copper
It checks excessive deposition of fat.
Iron
It maintains RBC counts in blood and stabilizes stamina.
Phosphate
It has litlhotriptic action.
Sodium
It purifies the blood and checks hyperacidity.
Potassium
It is appetizer and climinatcs muscle fatigue.
Magnese
It is antibacterial and prevents gas gangrene.
Carbolic Acid
It is antibacterial and prevents gas gangrene.
Calcium
It purifies blood & provide nutrition to bones; helps in coagulation of blood.
Salts
Antibacterial, Prevents Comma, and kctoacidois.
Vitamin A, B, C, D, E
They prevent excessive thirst, infuses vigour, and increase potency.
Lactose Sugar
Gives strength to heart, checks excessive thirst and giddiness.
Enzymes
Improve immunity, and promote the secretion of digestive juices.
Water
Controles the body temperature maintains the fluidity of blood.
Hippuric Acid
Excrete toxins through the urine.
Creatinine
It is antibacterial.
Swama Kshar
Antibacterial, improves immunity, and acts as an antidote.
Some hormones presents in 8-month pregnant cow which are very good for health.

More information at
http://www.cowurine.com

Dear Uma,

So much of techincal info is not needed.. You and I know, urine comes out of Osmotic filtration, same like any other Reverse-Osmosis bottled water..

Technically, there is nothing wrong in drinking any thing which comes out of the great filtration plant called 'Kidney'..Even cow urine is pure scientifically/biologically , to drink..

But then, are we suffering so much shortage for bottled water, and were forced to drink cow urine... Like how in 1930 famine, people resorted to 'Rat meat' instead of 'Goat/Chicken meat"?

Dear Uma,
I fully agree with statements of Sapr ji.Every living being is lettingout urine.Each and every living being, especially animals,also man,(I think humans will also come under animal because Humans are also giving birth to babies just as animals,and not through eggs like birds).Except we have the 6th Sense.
So all animals are letting out urine.Urine may have good and essentials required for survival but on the whole the output of urine during Winter may be more than in Summer as a result of Nil secretion of Sweat.Sweat mixes with Urine during Winter.This was taught to us in School level classes.
Each and every animals (including human)is created by God in such a way that urine will be let out as a Waste by means of inbuilt Filteration Plant known as Kidney.
Man is getting Systematic Fruits on all season to compensate the loss of energy in our body.
For example during Summer Season we get plenty of Compensatory fruits like Lemon,Orange,etc, as garden fresh.
So there is no need to think of urine as a substitute to add strength to our body which has impurities also.There is no need to re circulate the already treated Mineral water from R.O Plant.Like the same way instead of recirculating the already extracted waste we can go for garden fresh fruits which are available in pleanty on every seasons to compensate and energise our body.

Dear Uma,

Thanks for starting a wonderful topic.

These kind of belief should be abolished, I bet nobody follows.
if some people belongs to another community say Muslims/Christians come to know, can we give them answers ?
What our children will feel ? Can we teach our children we can drink our urine ?
Already, my western collegues asking me
Why you indians pray for elephants,cows,rats ?
What can i explain ?
Any answers elders ?

Regards

Dear Sri gladguy Ji,

Tell your 'western friends' that in Hinduism we worship the paramatma that dwells in all the souls in the Universe. This worship is done daily to another human being with a 'namaste'. We do not worship the body of an animal, only it's soul.

Monothieistic religions recognize souls only in a human being.

Your question almost seems like it is coming from a non-hindu. Have you not heard the above explanation growing up? I am surprised.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Uma,

Thanks for starting a wonderful topic.

These kind of belief should be abolished, I bet nobody follows.
if some people belongs to another community say Muslims/Christians come to know, can we give them answers ?
What our children will feel ? Can we teach our children we can drink our urine ?
Already, my western collegues asking me
Why you indians pray for elephants,cows,rats ?
What can i explain ?
Any answers elders ?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back