• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Trip to Rameshwaram/Kahi/Rameshwaram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trip to Rameswaram.

Dear Shri NRV,
Namaste.
The Temple of Rameswaram is Very Holy andequal to that of Varanasi.
Besides the Temple there is kothandaramar Temple ,Gandha mana Parwadtham,Ram Sethu,are also very sacred and Holy in the Island of Rameswaram.
From Madurai , on the way to Rameswaram ,there is 1) Nava Pashanam,the Nawagraha status as stones believed to be installed by Lord Shri Ram,during Ramayana Days,
2)Dharba sayanam or Thirupullani Perumal Temple,the place where The Great Bow to Lord Shri Ram is offered by Perumal.
3)The origin of Sethu (Ram Sethu) Anjayaneya samy temple and
4) Uthirahosamangar Nataraja Temple where you can see the Pretious Nataraja statue in Emerald.
Besides you can see Pamban Bridge built across sea between pamban and Mandapam.
We are operating Travels and we are ready to offer you taxis at very very agreeable rates.
I am ready to accompany you as a Free Guide on considering your age and Parental position if required by you.
Above all I can arrange Vadhiyars for you if you want to perform Dhevasam for your ancestors.
For Further Details call me in my mobile 98421-11592.
Even if you want Vadhiyars at Thirukadayur for Performing Sashtibthapoorthy or Sadhabhisheham please feel free to contact me.

Dear Shri Sankara Natayanan,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Provisionally I am planning my trip to Kasi during end Sept. or Oct. and I shall keep your suggestions open and get in touch with you at the right time.

regards

NRV

Dear Shri Sankara Natayanan,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Provisionally I am planning my trip to Kasi during end Sept. or Oct. and I shall keep your suggestions open and get in touch with you at the right time.

regards

NRV

Dear Shri NRV,
Namaste.It will be very very cold during Oct/Nov in North India.It will be a very bitter experience for rare visitors to North India especially South Indians.So please make it fast to Visit Kasi before Sep and return immediately before the Winter starts in North India,.

If any one knows about few contacts at these places, I can get in touch with them to know about the approximate spending required.

Shri. Enaarvee,

IRCTC (Indian Railways) conducts packaged pilgrimage tours in exclusive trains to these places, with variety of pilgrimage routes.

2 years ago, I had a chance to spend some time in their counter in Madras Central station..its located on the right hand side once you enter the station. The tour package includes, local transport by bus, food and accomodation all included. All you had to do is, just board the train, and rest every thing is taken care by railways, till you deboard. You may ask someone to collect the brochures and go through it, for a better understanding

Since the co-passengers will all be like minded people, its easy to get more info out of them, and it will also be an enjoyable trip too.

One of my neighbour had taken this trip with ICRTC, and he is in all praises for laloo prasad..And he claims, it reasonably priced too, and the food and accomodation seems to fairly OK..

You may give it a try.

Trip to Rameswaram/Kashi?Rameswaram

Dear Sri Ennarvee,

Some time back my brother had been to Rameswaram and he told me that he stayed at Gujarathi Samaj Bhavan, Sannidhi Street, Rameswaram. He told me he had a comfortable stay there. You can find more details in the following URL:
http://www.gujaratglobal.com/nextSub.php?id=3672&catype=Travel

By the way I am also from Coimbatore but now settled down in Bangalore.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

Dear Friends,

I am from Coimbatore aged 69 and plans to have a trip as mentioned in the title. Can I get some details about the rituals that are to be performed at these places. If any one knows about few contacts at these places, I can get in touch with them to know about the approximate spending required.

regards,

NRV

Dear NRV,
if you know somebody in delhi...there is a travel agent called
PANICKER TRAVELS in karol bagh in delhi..they provide kashi/gaya
yatra with tamil cook with guide...you can add hardwar/rishikesh too.
By the way iam also from Coimbatore (singanallur agraharam)
but settled in USA ..more than a decade here...please check the details..i visited kashi/gaya 20 years back... now a lot of
changes might be happened..try in gujarati samaj bhavan in
Rameshwaram too...best of Luck..

Regards

Last year I visited Haridwar.. Good to see ganges en route, not much in a polluted way..The bus journey from Hardiwar to Delhi is very long,tiresome and painful.. Better board the train or hire a cab.

I can reccomend a good new hotel.. Chitra Heritage, just behind Chitra Cinema theatre, near railway station.. Off season price is Rs.1200/ for a fully airconditioned,carpeted room.. clean toilets too , 12:00Noon check out, Good English speaking receptionist and bell boy. Walkable distance to Ganges. There are also some 25 hotels in the same lane which fits all budget ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back