• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Note of Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

malgova.mango

Dear Friends,

Before I part .. I want to thank you all fo bearing with my poor english and my emotional short-comings

I'm greatly benefited by some of your posts, I wish to Thank in particular for the following members : -

Shri N Renganathan - who warmly welcomed and accomodated me.
Shri Praveen - For allowing and tolerating and even nudging me to contribute in my early days here.
Shri Saab - For his learning and articulation.
Shri Ramaa - for his passion to our culture
Shri Hari - For the might of his pen, and his communication skill
Shri Bala - for some of his informative , useful and witty posts
Shri Sesh - for such a unique and cool personality with excellent communication, humor skill.
Shri Ravi - for providing the link on Deivathin Kural
Shri Vivekam.Vairagyam - for his excellent links, providing eye-opening materials
Shrimati Bhagya - for her jokes
Shri Kunjuppu - for his doggedness and his command over English
Shrimati HH - for teasuring my blessings.

May you all achieve your pursuits swiftly and may GOD nourish your Dharmic life.

Regards
your loving
malgova.mango

Dear Malgova Mango,

To start with, I'm just 4 months old in this thread,.... And May I request you throw some light on this

1) If you are exiting, just because some one is axed, then you are stooping down to that level. Im sure you have not indulged in such acts..Glancing and skimming at all your previous posts, Im sure you are not such a kind to be equated with.. Hence I request you to stay here.

2) Just because few persons exit, the forum is not going to take a death.. Saying goes, Always there is a next time and next person!!.. But I know its difficult to find another person who has shared 1000+ posts to be equated with a new entrant like me... So pls do stay..

3) Diversity in thought is always accepted in this forum, and I have pesonally experienced it here.. I dont find any meaningful reason in you to exit this thread.

4) If you are exiting just because of Moderator, I got to take an excuse here!!.. One good thing I enjoyed rather learned from Shri.KRS is his competency to address any kind of topics, in a very matured way.. Rarely, one will find such a person with good qualities.. Infact, all along, I had only,only,only the opposing views with him, and inspite, I have the highest admiration for him, for his kind of effort/energy/diplomatic polished language/knowledge/quest for knowledge/openess to contest positively the opposing views etc etc..Having participated in many a forums, and myself having got axed by many a moderators in the early days, I can vouch, he is indeed the best MOD I have ever come across.

You and me, both personally never had much interactions, but I would request you to stay tuned with this place, because you have contributed lot in the past.. If not for egoes,I'll tell you this is a great place to learn too... Atleast one can learn the 'Good Vocabs' used by the forum members, which you would find it rare in other places..

So, Dear Malgova.Mango, my personal request,... Please stay tuned and logged in!! Thanks in advance.

mm,

thank you for noting me in your post here. certainly i wish to deny my second attribute re english. i just write the way i think. and i think in tamil (with a malayalam accent ofcourse). so all the more glory to the mother tongue.

re doggedness, i don't know what to say.

but i do know that (in the words of a famous american baseball player) that 'it ain't over till its over'.

so, do not consider that you are finished with this forum.

let me tell you a personal story. i too have left another forum in a huff. got too excited over some stuff, spewed some venom and called it quits.

for a few days anyway, before i resumed my participation. with the usual gusto, but on a more careful front re how i approached my conversations.

it was a sobering, yet awesome learning experience to me. to think and choose words, which conveyed my feelings, and yet were not threatening or abusive.

perhaps, this is what you allude to, as my doggedness. if so, that is one invaluable lesson that i have learned.

also, even though this a forum for our kind, our kind is only at the core, identical. a common heritage. beyond that, thanks to dispersion, age and exposure, we are as different as the birds we see.

i believe, there is a common goodness in all of us. inspite of our differences, we have maintained to impart our life experiences, in the context of our faith, food habits and traditions.

and in that contex, you sir, have excelled. please take a bow.

we have disagreed, but if all us think the same, it would be like having sambhar daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. much as i like sambhar, i have to confess, i do also crave for moLagoottal, rasam, arachukalakki, aviyal, morekoottan and rasam, among other things.

variety after all is literally the spice of life. you are one of the key ingredients of the variety, that is here, and to extricate yourself from here, would be doing us a deprivation.

maybe to you too. perhaps.

when i was in similar circumstances, re another forum, a few years ago, i took a break, till some unknown power guided me to the familiar url and i started banging away the keyboards on the hot topic of the day.

so, dear mm, till we meet again,

enjoy your break.

thank you.

That was good sonnet from His Majesty Kunjuppu. a perfect 14 liners.. Hope its not a requiem!!

sri mm-ji,

i hope you would be reading this, so hopefully you will reflect upon this.

thanks for your kind words, however undeserving they are and i can only conclude that it is a reflection of your bountiful generosity.

i dont think that you are justified in being harsh on yourselves.

now to the operating part, i dont think that it is anyone's case here, including myself that sri krs's views have to be taken at face value and there can be no disagreements.

as much as you are concerned about upholding the dharma, i hope you will agree with me that, we, TBs are part of the social structure as anyone else. and with times, the social structure has changed and so have we.

today no brahmin can live the life of a mendicant, for example. so, while we have 'relaxed' the system as newer social paradigms started emerging, it is but natural that an ossified system makes way for variations and adjustments.

as far as my simple understanding goes, sri krs is equally concerned about our religion, community as you are.

with considerable pride, i can say that collectively all of us have acquitted ourselves very well in this forum but for minor aberrations. also i consider our group as more socially conscious than those who keep sulking with a defeatist mindset.

i neednt tell you that there is nothing which a dialogue cannot resolve. if you dont want to dialogue, well that's fine as well.

if you have, as you say, uncompromising values on things that are dear to you, i am sure there is no one here who is suggesting you to compromise on them.

it is natural to develop bonhomie with fellow posters and trust me sir, this is just a wonderful part of an online forum. as some one who has been the beneficiary of extended relationships with members of the forum beyond the virtual interaction, i can assure you that you will be welcome anytime that you choose to come back.

as another poster has written, please take a break. come back soon. re-energised, re-charged and re-vitalized.

world is but a lonely place,
winding life through the maze,
friends and buddies hold the ace,
we remain thankful, for god's grace

you will be etched ever in our heart
we all but have our little wart
it takes more than two to tango,
come back soon, sir, malgova mango.

if i have hurt you with my words or found me churlish, my apologies.

till we meet again,

pranaams

Dear Friends,

Before I part .. I want to thank you all fo bearing with my poor english and my emotional short-comings

I'm greatly benefited by some of your posts, I wish to Thank in particular for the following members : -

Shri N Renganathan - who warmly welcomed and accomodated me.
Shri Praveen - For allowing and tolerating and even nudging me to contribute in my early days here.
Shri Saab - For his learning and articulation.
Shri Ramaa - for his passion to our culture
Shri Hari - For the might of his pen, and his communication skill
Shri Bala - for some of his informative , useful and witty posts
Shri Sesh - for such a unique and cool personality with excellent communication, humor skill.
Shri Ravi - for providing the link on Deivathin Kural
Shri Vivekam.Vairagyam - for his excellent links, providing eye-opening materials
Shrimati Bhagya - for her jokes
Shri Kunjuppu - for his doggedness and his command over English
Shrimati HH - for teasuring my blessings.

May you all achieve your pursuits swiftly and may GOD nourish your Dharmic life.

Regards
your loving
malgova.mango
HI all,
i have 4 bachelors/ and 4 masters and 1 ph.d in my life....still i feel humble in my life...but im also leaving this forum...
thank
u alll.... may be just visitor/reader hereafter....no more contribution...

good bye..
regards

Last edited by a moderator:
MM-ji,

Thankyou for noting me in your post above. Yes i will treasure your blessings always.

Am sure many of my posts may have been considered by you as "negative". All i have been trying to show is that for every 'good' side, there will always be a 'bad' side. The two sides of earth are not meant to be day or night at the same time. Just maya.

To you, Dharma is an irreversible social order. And restoring dharma of the past is a necessity.

However, time stops for none. She moves forward before coming back a full circle. Only to move away again. Old fashions do return, for a time period. But, there is something about her that seduces us into believing that she can be controlled.

Mired in illusory maya, we fight against time, trying to rotate the needles of a clock backward. But no matter how many times we are born to do what we want to do, the kali of kala stops for none. She just happens to be ordained for that uni-directional movement, always forward, firmly guided by mahakala of the paarabrahman.

After a while we realise that our fingers were trying to rotate the needles of our illusory fascinations.

Every single person who expresses something that is 'against' what we believe to be the truth and the order, is not our enemy. Call him a friend.

I, sir, am your friend. So is KRS-ji and everyone here. We wish for your safety, happiness and prosperity; as well as that of the others.

Words do not do justice to us or vice-versa, due to this innate inability to convey the context or intent all the time. Standalone sentences can be misunderstood. Entire paragraphs even when conveyed to the best of our abilites, can always be misunderstood.

There used to be a priest with 3 children, 2 of whom studies well. But the eldest was a good for nothing. His father managed to make him a priest in the same temple where he worked. It was a small village. People loved gossiping.

The word spread that the younger priest (the son) was a good for nothing in mantras also. Only the first two lines and last two lines could be heard. The rest was muttered inaudibly. People wud say, yeh to main bhi kar sakta hoon (even i can do this). He was considered mumbo-jumbo. Everyone who wanted prayers done insisted upon the services of the father, the son duly avoided.

By pointing out that the son was mumbo-jumbo, the town folk were not violating dharma. Instead, it was the opposite. Since mantras have never worked when used in the mumbo jumbo manner.

Long before the days of Buddha, there used to a treatise on maya. It got lost. Parts of it however, was expressed in various agamas.

Since duties translate as dharma to you, this note from mrigendra agama may strike a chord within:

"Those that attend to the various duties that are derived from a higher realm of maya are at the prow of the effects of the higher realm of maya".

Many of us sir love vedic chanting, but beyond it, there is a world of silence. The chanting helps us move to the world of silence. After a time, the silence happens without the chanting. This does not mean such people belittle the mantras. They have just moved to the next realm of maya.

All this stuff is to try to somehow bring home the point sir that the world can be complicated as it is. Let us not waste our time and energies in judging an other person's position as a moderator. Neither is our indignation worth us. We are capable of far more worthwhile stuff.

Am certain sir, that we shall meet again here. I shall wait for you.

Dear Sri TBS Ji,

I have always known you to be a learned man and at the same time a humble one too.

The 'ego' you are citing on my part - it was only my wish that the readers on this Forum understand your cryptic sayings, sir. I wanted your opinions and positions to be clearly understood, backed up by sound reasoning.

I would never question yours or any one else's ideological stand or opinion. What all I asked was that you put proper foundation to your contributions here, sir.

I have no personal animosity towards you - even though you made statements directed towards me without any explanation. I just wish you understand that your ideas are most welcome here.

Please re consider your decision.

Regards,
KRS

HI all,
i have 4 bachelors/ and 4 masters and 1 ph.d in my life....still i feel humble in my life...but im also leaving this forum...
thank
u alll.... may be just visitor/reader hereafter....no more contribution...

good bye..
regards

Dear Malgova Mango, Why your part I dont understand. I was having some problum in my network connection so past 30 days i was just mised postings. Rethink your decition. S.R.K.

Dear Sri MM Ji,

I did not want to part company with the usual nastiness accompanying such things.

Even though you consider me as the sole reason for the plight of our community today, I wish you well. I have no personal animosity towards you.

Tradition is both a blessing and a curse. It is a blessing because we can stand on the shoulders of our forefathers. It is a curse because sometimes it can become anachronistic, blocking our way to change. Unfortunately, the norm of the day is change. Science and technology have made them to be. The rapidly changing world in terms of today's culture and societal norms are making them to be. This is what we call as 'entropy' in Physics - any system will ultimately go in to chaos and disintegrate.

I have lived a very non traditional life. And I did not choose this either. It happened. I am sure there are a lot of folks out there in our community who are like me.

You seem to have lived a very traditional life. And probably you did not choose this either. Your family circumstance and your upbringing contributed to this.

But we both find ourselves together today in the interest of our community.

I have always said that Orthodoxy is a part of our community and should be protected ( I am talking about the 90 to 100 percenters who do everything as required for a Brahmin to do).

And then there are us. I have also said that the difference between you and me is about may be 10 to 20 percent of what we follow as brahminical tradition. You yourself, sir admitted to this in one of your posting.

So, I thought that we are not that far apart. But today I stand corrected. Tradition at all cost seems to be your position - even though your life style today is quite different from the tradition you are talking about. So be it.

But, sir, while I give you your right to air your views, you seem to be saying that my views are total nonsense.

And you seem to say and imply anything to justify your stand without giving proper hearing to the other side. You then start using abusive words about my language. It is very easy to say anything in a parting shot - as you have done - but let me challenge you in the interest of the 'Dharma' you often speak about, to prove and substantiate your sayings. Sir, you have hurt me deeply by your sayings and implications here and that too coming from a person supposedly educated in our religion.

So, a simple question from me. What have I done that is so wrong? Do you want to discuss about why Sri s007bala Ji was banned? I can walk you through all his postings after yours sir, to show you what exactly happened. But then, you need to have an open mind to see the whole picture.

If you purport to be an Advaithin and the follower of Maha Periaval, you would not have made the assertions you have made about me.

If you want to talk, I am all ears.

Regards,
KRS

Dear MM/TBS,

Looking around the posts, its become a personality clash, just because, one among us was elevated as a moderator.

This problem occurs in state govt service also..Thats why, all the GOI promotions come along with a transfer order, and pushed in to a new Distict, so that the peers dont generate any ego problem

I think Shri.KRS should have taken a pseudo-I.D exclusively for moderation jobs.

Quite baffling since it is apparent that the members' views are brushed aside with callousness... Maybe some expressions were overboard, maybe there were personal attacks, but it has been on both the sides... It is not as if one party had been repeatedly doing the attacks and the other had not even uttered a word in defiance...

I had been going through the other thread, which has been closed now... I came across some acrimonious comments from the admin side which reflects an peremtory tone...

It is also not about ego clashes just so that somebody has become a moderator... funny, that one should think this way!

It is the narrow perception that enters the head about decorum, etiquette etc... now it is more about these than the topic or welfare...

Members are here to share, and feel a part of the community... we need not take any b_sh** from anybody just so they are designated otherwise...

Members like bala, mango, tbs are shrugged off casually... this is the typical reaction of the ego-centric community (I am OK, You are not OK)... less said, the better...

I do not see any usefulness, either for me or for the forum, in participating here anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back