• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Don't after meal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveen

Life is a dream
Staff member
* Don't smoke- Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer is higher).

Don't eat fruits immediately - Immediately eating fruits after meals will cause stomach to be bloated with air. Therefore take fruit 1-2 hr after meal or 1hr before meal.

Don't drink tea - Because tea leaves contain a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.

* Don't loosen your belt - Loosening the belt after a meal will easily cause the intestine to be twisted & blocked.

Don't bathe - Bathing will cause the increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the digestive system in our stomach.

* Don't walk about - People always say that after a meal walk a hundred steps and you will live till 99. In actual fact this is not true. Walking will cause the digestive system to be unable to absorb the nutrition from the food we intake.

Don't sleep immediately - The food we intake will not be able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric & infection in our intestine.

Don't after meal.....

* Don't smoke- .

Don't eat fruits immediately -

Don't drink tea -

* Don't loosen your belt -

Don't bathe - .

* Don't walk about -

Don't sleep immediately -

Of the above, bathing ,and sleeping were prohibited by elders in my childhood days.

However, ,Even no in a Mumbai restaurant,( established many years ago,well respected and frequented by bachelors and family alike) they have some quotes one is " After lunch,rest a while, after dinner,walk a mile".

In Malayalam also a saying is there 'Athaazham kazhinjaal ara kaatham nadakkanam" meaning after dinner walk some distance.

Eating fruits are also enouraged. In fact this is an ingredient in most "Sadya"-big traditional feasts.

Belt- if not loosened will make one suffocate after a hearty meal.

Stomach should be only 75% full with food. remaining should be partly filled with water. this is my knowledge.Traditional knowledge only.

hi folks,
have a sip of red wine before meal.....just kidding....westerners always dirnk tea/coffee after meal....i dont know the reason...i saw kattam kaapi/tea
provided in many airlines including british airways..its black tea/coffee provided in aeroplaines.....i just wonder...

regards
tbs

tbs,

to break down meat to mastigate easily while digestion,wine which acts as acidic promotes meat to break easily to smaller chunks.similiar coffee or tea are acidic in nature,plus has lil caffeine,to give that kick of euphoria.many tb like the kick in the morning filter coffee. kattam kapi or chuku tea,are poor man substitute in kerala and many kaka kadai in himalayas too.palghat brahmins revel in such delicacy apart from many other dishes.

hi folks,
after meals...nice kumbakonam vettilai seeval paan beeda and nice puff smoke,,,,may be a thiruttu dham,,,,,a nice combination.....a modern city life....lol

regards
tbs

Last edited:
hi folks
even some fruits very helpful....

For centuries food has been used as medicine in homes. Now medical science has looked into the scientific reasons of these old wives tales and found some illuminating answers.
So here are some foods that will cut down your visits to the doc. A friend from Saudi Arabia sent this, hope it will help many of you:
HEADACHE? EAT FISH!
Eat plenty of fish -- fish oil helps prevent headaches. So does ginger, which reduces inflammation and pain.
HAVE FEVER? EAT YOGHURT!
Eat lots of yoghurt before pollen season. Also-eat honey from your area (local region) daily.
TO PREVENT STROKE DRINK TEA!
Prevent buildup of fatty deposits on artery walls with regular doses of tea. (actually, tea suppresses my appetite and keeps the pounds from invading.... Green tea is great for our immune system)!
INSOMNIA (CAN'T SLEEP?) HONEY!
Use honey as a tranquilizer and sedative.
ASTHMA? EAT ONIONS!!!!
Eating onions helps ease constriction of bronchial tubes.
ARTHRITIS? EAT FISH, TOO!!
Salmon, tuna, mackerel and sardines actually prevent arthritis. (fish has omega oils, good for our immune system)
UPSET STOMACH? BANANAS - GINGER!!!!!
Bananas will settle an upset stomach. Ginger will cure morning sickness and nausea.
BLADDER INFECTION? DRINK CRANBERRY JUICE!!!!
High-acid cranberry juice controls harmful bacteria.
BONE PROBLEMS? EAT PINEAPPLE!!!
Bone fractures and osteoporosis can be prevented by the manganese in pineapple.
COLDS? EAT GARLIC!
Clear up that stuffy head with garlic. (remember, garlic lowers cholesterol, too.)
COUGHING? USE RED PEPPERS!!
A substance similar to that found in the cough syrups is found in hot red pepper. Use red (cayenne) pepper with caution-it can irritate your tummy.
LUNG CANCER? EAT DARK GREEN AND ORANGE AND VEGGIES!!!
A good antidote is beta carotene, a form of Vitamin A found in dark green and orange vegetables.
ULCERS? EAT CABBAGE ALSO!!!
Cabbage contains chemicals that help heal both gastric and duodenal ulcers.
DIARRHEA? EAT APPLES!
Grate an apple with its skin, let it turn brown and eat it to cure this condition. (Bananas are good for this ailment)
CLOGGED ARTERIES? EAT AVOCADO!
Mono unsaturated fat in avocados lowers cholesterol.
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE? EAT CELERY AND OLIVE OIL!!!
Olive oil has been shown to lower blood pressure. Celery contains a chemical that lowers pressure too.
BLOOD SUGAR IMBALANCE? EAT BROCCOLI AND PEANUTS!!!
The chromium in broccoli and peanuts helps regulate insulin and blood sugar.

Kiwi: Tiny but mighty This is a good source of potassium, magnesium, Vitamin E & fiber. It's Vitamin C content is twice that of an orange.

Apple: An apple a day keeps the doctor away? Although an apple has a low Vitamin C content, it has antioxidants & flavonoids which enhances the activity of Vitamin C thereby helping to lower the risks of colon cancer, heart attack & stroke.

Strawberry: Protective fruit. Strawberries have the highest total antioxidant power among major fruits & protects the body from cancer causing, blood vessels clogging free radicals. (Actually, any berry is good for you..they're high in anti-oxidants and they actually keep us young....... ..blueberries are the best and very versatile in the health
field....... .they get rid of all the free-radicals that invade our bodies)

Orange: Sweetest medicine. Taking 2 - 4 oranges a day may help keep colds away, lower cholesterol, prevent & dissolve kidney stones as well as lessen the risk of colon cancer.

Watermelon: Coolest Thirst Quencher. Composed of 92% water, it is also packed with a giant dose of glutathione which helps boost our immune system. They are also a key source of lycopene - the cancer fighting oxidant. Other nutrients found in watermelon are Vitamin C & Potassium. (watermelon also has natural substances [natural SPF sources] that keep our skin healthy, protecting our skin from those darn uv rays)

Guava & Papaya: Top awards for Vitamin C. They are the clear winners for their high Vitamin C content. Guava is also rich in fiber which helps prevent constipation Papaya is rich in carotene, this is good for your eyes. (also good for gas and indigestion).

courtesy...iyer 123 yahoo group

regards
tbs

hi folks,
after meals...nice kumbakonam vettilai seeval paan beeda and nice puff smoke,,,,may be a thiruttu dham,,,,,a nice combination.....a modern city life....lol

regards
tbs

thiruttu dum is the best,especially flicking from daddy's resources of cartons,lol. :)

...........LUNG CANCER? EAT DARK GREEN AND ORANGE AND VEGGIES!!!
A good antidote is beta carotene, a form of Vitamin A found in dark green and orange vegetables.
....HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE? EAT CELERY AND OLIVE OIL!!!
Olive oil has been shown to lower blood pressure. Celery contains a chemical that lowers pressure too.
BLOOD SUGAR IMBALANCE? EAT BROCCOLI AND PEANUTS!!!
The chromium in broccoli and peanuts helps regulate insulin and blood sugar. [/FONT]

tbs,

pardon me for selecting certain 'remedies' suggested by someone from saudi which you have so kindly shared with us.

on the face of it, there is no harm, i can believe, will happen following the regimen recommended. most of these 'medicines' are our day to day vegetables and fruits.

but i am still unclear on several accounts

- are these preventive medication?
- are the curatives? ie if someone has lung cancer, eating dark greens & orange will cure it? i know this is not true. all the lung cancer folks i knew, died of the disease. if it was this easy to cure it, i am surprised that the knowledge has not spread.

perhaps there is a big conspiracy my multination drug companies to keep the above medications secret, as i am sure, widespread use of above remedies will definitely impact the profits of the multinationals :)

please clarify. thank you.

tbs,

pardon me ..

perhaps there is a big conspiracy my multination drug companies to keep the above medications secret, as i am sure, widespread use of above remedies will definitely impact the profits of the multinationals :)

ரொம்ப நாள் ஆச்சு இந்த குசும்பி தனம் ,லொள் ஒரே சிரிப்பு என்னக்கு ,வயறு வலிகர்டு அய்யா :)

Financed by Government of India,M/o of Health--in 1965 to 1968-69--from 375 Panchayat Unions in Tamil Nadu-statistically "randomly" selected one village per Union-4 members above the age group of 60-(Total:- 375X4=1500 people)Gender adjusted to approx 50-50--most of other variables "accounted for"-with an "Instrument'-a detailed Questioner--4 => M.A.Sociologists and one M.Sc(statistiacian) under the guidance of (late)Dr.S.Venkataravan has conducted a Survey on "Foods and Food Habits" and compared and contrasted the collected data with the "Do's and Dont's(Pathya Apathyam) mentioned in Ayurvedic Classics(Charaka,Sushrutha,Vaagbhatta,(Brahu Trayee)Maadhava,Sarangadhara+1 more-I forgot(Lagu trayee) and have published an "Excellent Monograph" on "Foods and Food Habits".The Monograph has won the Capt.Srinivaasamurthy Gold Medal" from Vijayawada(AP).Anybody in around Chennai -if interested-may get a copy for a small price(money goes to Ayrvedic Research) from Dr.Achanta Lakshmipathi Research Unit for Ayurvedha,VHS Medical Centre,Adyar--if they go there perhaps they may read freely.But a copy is worth keeping,because the findings are based on well implemented Survey with Ayrvedic References.

Last edited by a moderator:
tbs,

pardon me for selecting certain 'remedies' suggested by someone from saudi which you have so kindly shared with us.

on the face of it, there is no harm, i can believe, will happen following the regimen recommended. most of these 'medicines' are our day to day vegetables and fruits.

but i am still unclear on several accounts

- are these preventive medication?
- are the curatives? ie if someone has lung cancer, eating dark greens & orange will cure it? i know this is not true. all the lung cancer folks i knew, died of the disease. if it was this easy to cure it, i am surprised that the knowledge has not spread.

hi kunjuppu sir,
first i said...i quoted from iyer 123 yahoo group forum....i think its a purely preventive medicine....may be some preventive medicinal qualities..
prevention is better than cure,.....apart from im not medical doctor.. i just share the information....

regards
tbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back