• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

children of intercastal/inter-racial/inter-regional marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well . I do not have to treat intercaste or inter religion as relations ,

they are my relations.some relatives have married persons from other castes and religions and they have offsprings

the intercaste/religion children have their problems due to different communities /religion of their parents

they get discriminated in education , upbringing , marriage and become unacceptable in society in general.

india is still a caste , religion based society.

anyone with multiple caste or religion identity is looked down upon and faces society's disapproval.

I'm curious on the consensus of this topic. For me I treat them like brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, etc. But I still see them as 100%. What is everyone else's opinion? Just for fun, not meant to be a controversial topic :).

I dont think children of intercaste marriages see themselves as different from anyone else.

I am a intercaste person myself..I am just human thats all.

But when it came to marriage I opted to marry an intercaste person too becos I know I cant adjust to a pure breed of any kind.

Where I stay being intercaste is not a problem at all...but its just that Intercaste persons tend to be more broadminded and less fanatical.

Pure breeds tend to be at times a wee bit too traditional and less rational.

Mostly intercaste persons tend to be more intelligent from what I have noticed because there is no in breeding..there is a new pool of genes which also contributes to good looks.

BTW why are you seeing them as brothers/sisters/nephews/nieces?

That gives you no chance to fall in Lovvu!LOL

Last edited:
Well . I do not have to treat intercaste or inter religion as relations ,

they are my relations.some relatives have married persons from other castes and religions and they have offsprings

the intercaste/religion children have their problems due to different communities /religion of their parents

they get discriminated in education , upbringing , marriage and become unacceptable in society in general.

india is still a caste , religion based society.

anyone with multiple caste or religion identity is looked down upon and faces society's disapproval.

That's very interesting to note. In the USA, marrying whoever you want is the norm and marrying within the "brahmin" community seems to be the exception. But it seems to work out fairly well. I don't see their spouses as "not us" and I don't see the children as different from myself. Then again, I never lived in India, so I never took on the ideology. I know my grandfather wasn't too happy about what he was seeing, but I always thought that was because he was a very methodical, "by the book" type person, not because of any prejudice against the individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back